Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Talamonti H-100's

Talamtoni H-100 hybrid shafts arrived this afternoon -- am putting them into my Cleveland Mashie 20.5* and 23* heads. According to the instructions, trim the tip of the 20.5 3/4" and the 23* 1" and then cut to length.

photo-45.jpg

It'd be even more exciting if it wasn't -10 outside...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

photo-46.jpg

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Dude, I thought you had these for sell and I clicked on prepared to buy them.:lol:

I ended up putting my broken red Talamonti PD80 in my hybrid. It basically a driver shaft that has been tipped like 6". I really like it. Actually, the yellow hybrid shaft looks great with a black head but I do not love it as much with a white head.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Dude, I thought you had these for sell and I clicked on prepared to buy them.:lol:

I ended up putting my broken red Talamonti PD80 in my hybrid. It basically a driver shaft that has been tipped like 6". I really like it. Actually, the yellow hybrid shaft looks great with a black head but I do not love it as much with a white head.

Can't wait to give these a whack. The raw Mashie head looks okay, but I think you're right - a black head would look better. Gonna put the black and yellow Pure grips on them, despite the fact they may look like Steelers grips. :lol:

You are definitely my Talamonti connection, bro!

Also picked up two very cheap Penley hybrid shafts and two very cheap Westzy hybrid heads on ebay. The heads are black and the Penley's are black with yellow trim - will also look great with the Pure grips. Don't know if they'll be any good, but they'll look fantastic!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I have my H100 in a 21* Rescue11 and haven't been able to kick it out of the bag for anything lol.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

How come I only hear about talamonti shafts on this website? Where do you buy them? Information etc? I am going to search their site now.

You may hear about them more soon. From their facebook page:

Titleist just qualified / approved the LS-70 model for use on Tour, and for potential future availability through their custom department. Titleist is by far the most rigorous OEM when it comes to shaft qualification testing. Next up is the HL-70.

Dried, trimmed, gripped and ready...laugh.gif

....for spring sad.gif

photo-48.jpg

photo-49.jpg

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

How come I only hear about talamonti shafts on this website? Where do you buy them? Information etc? I am going to search their site now.

Talamonti must pretty popular around here although when it comes to golf shafts, I don't know much about them so I can't give my opinions on them.

Talamonti must pretty popular around here although when it comes to golf shafts, I don't know much about them so I can't give my opinions on them.

First heard about them here - particularly from RoverRick. Was able to score one on ebay for my Titleist 910 and absolutely loved it. Couldn't believe the difference it made compared to the Aldila RIP 60 that was in it. The shaft just flat-out worked for me! Needed to re-shaft my hybrids so Talamonti was the logical choice. Do a search on the sight - there are some pretty in-depth reviews by others on the entire line...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

You'll hear about them in GolfWRX, they just always move the topics because he's not a sponsor.

Phil sells shafts on eBay as well as his site talamontishafts.com he's also in Facebook.

And if you've ever heard if SSTPure, he helped develop that system. As well as ASD's Peaked shaft analysis system and not his MOI Optimization system. He's been in the business a while and worked with Vijay when Vijay was world #1.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

First heard about them here - particularly from RoverRick. Was able to score one on ebay for my Titleist 910 and absolutely loved it. Couldn't believe the difference it made compared to the Aldila RIP 60 that was in it. The shaft just flat-out worked for me! Needed to re-shaft my hybrids so Talamonti was the logical choice. Do a search on the sight - there are some pretty in-depth reviews by others on the entire line...

I have the first review on his lines on here from over a year ago. I reviewed the entire line at the time. I'll find the review.

Here ya go:

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/4175-talamonti-shafts/page__fromsearch__1

In The Bag

I have the first review on his lines on here from over a year ago. I reviewed the entire line at the time. I'll find the review.

Here ya go:

http://forum.mygolfs...__fromsearch__1

Thanks RookieBlue - that was one of the reviews that got me down the Talamonti road. Am heading to the heated driving range tomorrow to give these H-100's some test-whacks. Can't wait -- if they do anything for those clubs like the PD-70 did for my driver, spring won't be able to come soon enough!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I'm actually going to order a few of the new Talamonti products as well to put through some testing. I've got a stockpile of PD models. Need to order another couple H100's as well to stock up on those. I'm a shaft ***** though (almost as much as I am putter and driver *****). I'm compiling a review right now of another shaft, matter of fact.

In The Bag

I'm actually going to order a few of the new Talamonti products as well to put through some testing. I've got a stockpile of PD models. Need to order another couple H100's as well to stock up on those. I'm a shaft ***** though (almost as much as I am putter and driver *****). I'm compiling a review right now of another shaft, matter of fact.

Let me know if you have a PD-80 in stiff you'd like to make disappear...

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

All the ones I have are X flex

In The Bag

• 3 weeks later...

OK, so I was just getting acquainted with the Talamonti line up and getting close to trying one out. Then when I go back to the website there's a whole new line up of products that haven"t been reviewed here or anywhere else that I could find. They are more expensive, but I can't tell how they're different than the old line up or which shaft (from the old or new lines) would be best for me. More choices in high launch, lighter weight. But what else is different and what about feel?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

OK, so I was just getting acquainted with the Talamonti line up and getting close to trying one out. Then when I go back to the website there's a whole new line up of products that haven"t been reviewed here or anywhere else that I could find. They are more expensive, but I can't tell how they're different than the old line up or which shaft (from the old or new lines) would be best for me. More choices in high launch, lighter weight. But what else is different and what about feel?

Can anyone help? Thanks.

I asked that question about the hybrid shafts on the Talamonti Facebook page (great place to ask questions - they give you answers quickly!). Here's what they replied:

Different materials, an even smoother bend profile, and a bit more tip stability in the HTS. The HTS models will not be available to ship though for about another 7-10 days.

I have found - after being encouraged by RoverRick - to ask questions directly to Phil Talamonti, which you can do on the Facebook page or via their website - and he'll get back to you asap. He emailed my back twice on a Sunday night. Now that's customer service!!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Phil's a great guy, and as knowledgable as they come. His product is fantastic as well. Shoot him a message and he'll get back with you quickly. I'll also see if I can give him a nudge to come over and reply here as well.

In The Bag

Phil's a great guy, and as knowledgable as they come. His product is fantastic as well. Shoot him a message and he'll get back with you quickly. I'll also see if I can give him a nudge to come over and reply here as well.

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd jump on for a moment at Rookie's invitation. Yes, many new models in the lineup. While the PD's and H-Series Hybrid shafts are great, it was my aim to step up and create some new models that are truly top of the food chain. The new shafts are much more expensive to produce and have been in development for over 12 months. The results I've been able to achieve with players has been nothing short of incredible. And the number of bases we now cover with the line in terms of models ideally suited to various player types is extremely comprehensive. As for shaft reviews, there are a couple out there, but more are being written. In fact the boys here at MGS are presently reviewing / testing some of the shafts for the purpose of posting a review. As always, I appreciate the support and thanks for the interest in my shafts!

Hey Guys,

Thought I'd jump on for a moment at Rookie's invitation. Yes, many new models in the lineup. While the PD's and H-Series Hybrid shafts are great, it was my aim to step up and create some new models that are truly top of the food chain. The new shafts are much more expensive to produce and have been in development for over 12 months. The results I've been able to achieve with players has been nothing short of incredible. And the number of bases we now cover with the line in terms of models ideally suited to various player types is extremely comprehensive. As for shaft reviews, there are a couple out there, but more are being written. In fact the boys here at MGS are presently reviewing / testing some of the shafts for the purpose of posting a review. As always, I appreciate the support and thanks for the interest in my shafts!

Thanks for chiming in, Phil - and thanks for making some awesome shafts. You have a convert in me and I love telling folks about my PD-70. And the H-100's will get their first on-course experience at the end of the month!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Hey Guys,

Looking forward to the review Phil and thanks for stopping by.

I have two questions if it's ok:

Any word on your shafts getting into the Titleist custom fitting department now that they've been approved for tour? I ask on the off chance of being able to try your shafts in person someday.

My other question is do you know of any fitters in the Boston, MA area (north of Boston specifically) that stock your shafts?

thanks,

Thank you, Barbajo, RookieBlue7, and last, but not least, Phil, for the responses. I don't use Facebook so I really appreciate the help in getting some info posted to this site.

That's why this is the best golf forum on the web. Great sense of community + best source of equipment information.

You guys rock!

Max

What's in the Bag:

Driver: TaylorMade SLDR 10.5 (set to 11.5), Kuro Kage Aftermarket Only Blue 60S, NDMC+4

Fairway: Callaway Big Berth Alpha 815 14 (set to +2,N), Speeder 665 Stiff, NDMC

Hybrid: Adams XTD-ti 20 (set to 19.5), Matrix hQ3 Red Tie Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 825 Pro 4-GW, KBS Tour Stiff, 1* flat, Blue PURE DTX

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11, 56/13 & 60/5, DG Spinner, Blue PURE DTX

Putter: Bettinardi Studio Stock 15, 34", 5* loft, 2* flat, SuperStroke Slim LITE 3.0 

Bag: Mizuno Aerolite SPR stand bag

Ball: Wilson Staff Duo Urethane (summer), Srixon Q-STAR Yellow (winter)

Archived