Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

True Temper brings back the Spinner wedge shaft!

SPY ZINGER

They are a softer tip. In all honesty, i have been told on more than one occasion that you can take an 8 iron Rifle shaft and get basically the same result as the spinner. I have never frequencied the two to compare or anything, but thats what I have read on more than one occasion.

The softer tip, which should kick the head through theoretically to create more spin. Thats my take. I never liked spinners, as like a few here, i hit them too high and lost distance with them. Instead of an 80 yard lob wedge it ended up being 68 or so and right in a bunker. DOH!! Perhaps the new ones are different, i dont know. YMMV

I have been told by a Rifle dealer that the Spinner is in fact a 8 iron shaft put in a wedge, no difference at all. That said, if you like them and want the extra spin a great shaft...

KWheels 

I have been told by a Rifle dealer that the Spinner is in fact a 8 iron shaft put in a wedge, no difference at all. That said, if you like them and want the extra spin a great shaft...

That's very interesting to hear, but hearing it from the Rife dealer isn't unbiased info though, can any other source collaborate this?

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived