2 Weeks Remaining: MODERATOR WANTED Join the MyGolfSpy Staff! Read more... ×
kygolfer1980

2013 Drivers

I'm stickin with the i20, TI RBZ Tour & 910 D3 with the same shaft set-ups. I also go my TI Superfast TP reshafted so it's probably gonna replace the D3 if it's performance on the course matches the driving range.

HaHa, does anyone use a driver for more than one season, or are the technological inovations that amazing that ya gotta switch yearly?

Or is it that keepin up with the Jones' thing?

Baaaaaaaaaaa.....Baaaaaaaaaaaa ;)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Starting season 3 with my D2. It has a new shaft so I'm telling myself it's a new driver. Finally have a couple of backup drivers (made one with components - testing continues, but I like it!), so unless Publishers Clearing House comes in, or $500 falls into my lap, this is it for the year...

But if that does happen - in no particular order will be the Covert, the new Callaways and the Amp Cell - it just looks so darn bitchin'!!

HaHa, does anyone use a driver for more than one season, or are the technological inovations that amazing that ya gotta switch yearly?

Ebay makes selling last years model pretty easy....the true cost of upgrading is usually a hundred bucks or less.

Nike classifies shafts into tiers...can't remember if it's 3 or 4, based on price. Obviously, premiums cost more, but that said, Nike can and will put nearly anything you can imagine into a custom ordered driver. There's almost nothing you can't order through Nike.

I wonder if most golf shops will have a fitting station for Nike like TMaG does so u can hit the diff combo's? I have played Nike irons but never gave much attention to their woods. I intrigued with the Covert though.

I'm stickin with the i20, TI RBZ Tour & 910 D3 with the same shaft set-ups. I also go my TI Superfast TP reshafted so it's probably gonna replace the D3 if it's performance on the course matches the driving range.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

I'm starting season 2 with my reliable Cleveland DST Launcher, although that might change with all the new releases. Just when I thought that my bag was set, all the new drivers with different options, colors, etc. come out and now I'll feel left out if I don't get something. That's not gonna be good for me either since I'm pretty much broke because of the recent iron purchase.

PGA SHOW SPY's:

With the added length to 46" (or close to it) with the modern driver, are companies able to offer custom builds for those that prefer 44.5-45" lengths, and still maintain a reasonable swingweight?

Obviously, the removable weight heads, this will be possible, but what about the others? Any talk about heavier adjustable sleeves, etc., to compensate for custom orders at shorter playing lengths?

Most, but not all, of the latest crop of drivers have some sort of factory installed weight port which will usually be fit at the factory to hit the desired swing weight. For those that don't, you can probably hit the target weight with some sort of counter weighting in the grip.

If you're cutting down and factory adjustment isn't an option, there's always lead tape.

I wonder if most golf shops will have a fitting station for Nike like TMaG does so u can hit the diff combo's? I have played Nike irons but never gave much attention to their woods. I intrigued with the Covert though.

I got the stock shafts and three exotic shafts in my fitting package. Fujikura Fuel, UST VTS, and Matrix 7M3.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Hey I've had my R11s longer than Matt at least! I actually like mine although I'm not a fan of the sound. Interestingly of the gadzillion drivers I've had the past 6 years - lets see G2, 3 Raptures, Mizuno 700 something or other, Adams F11 and 9064 I actually hit the Mizuno the best and it sounded even worse than the R11s.

Good luck Matt - sorry you've had to give on your driver - when you went for your fitting did you try anything other than the R11s?

Hey I've had my R11s longer than Matt at least! I actually like mine although I'm not a fan of the sound. Interestingly of the gadzillion drivers I've had the past 6 years - lets see G2, 3 Raptures, Mizuno 700 something or other, Adams F11 and 9064 I actually hit the Mizuno the best and it sounded even worse than the R11s.

Good luck Matt - sorry you've had to give on your driver - when you went for your fitting did you try anything other than the R11s?

My fitter was not a big fan of the RBZ driver. He didn't even have me hit it. Said it was no longer and lacked the adjustability. I have a feeling I'll either leave with the Covert or the 913 D2. Find out in a a couple weeks or so I guess. I think Feb 8 is release date for the Covert.

Something just occurred to me. Haven't seen anything in this forum, or from any other source, come to think of it, of anything from Cleveland. Were they at the show? Are they doing anything driver-wise?

They are releasing a new Classic and an adjustable version as well. Some pretty good shaft upgrades are available for the adjustable version (most have an upcharge). New line of irons also.

Trade shows are funny. I'm heading to one right now and you always wonder about booth space and what it says about a company's health and direction. In the end, it probably doesn't mean much. There's the big dogs, then there's everyone else...

I actually dreamed about the damn Nike driver last night. Can't wait to demo it now.

Hope the dream doesn't turn into a nightmare.

I think that I asked this a ways back, though I never did anything with it and I forgot what was recommended, however, which is better to sell a club through, the Bay or Craig List?

No commission on Craigslist, but then you have to deal with the customer. Ebay will run you 15% of the final value when it's all said and done, but it's just throwing it in a box and printing the label.

In a nutshell....more money from Craigsist, less hassle on eBay.

Not trying to be argumentative, but eBay is anything BUT hassle free. Stupid questions, non-payment, b****ing about shipping and tracking numbers, and numb nuts who can't operate tape measures are just some of the fun things I've encountered in the last two weeks.

Craigslist can be a pain, but cash and carry can't be beat.

Final listing fees have pretty much ended my selling relationship with ebay. I would love to see the classifieds here beefed up. I check them daily but it just doesn't get much traffic. I think the potential is there but not sure how to get more people using it.

Matt, I'm going to be stopping by Golf Etc sometime this week, I'll ask Mike about the Covert and see if it's going to be a custom fit option there, I'll also ask him about the 913.

Matt, I'm going to be stopping by Golf Etc sometime this week, I'll ask Mike about the Covert and see if it's going to be a custom fit option there, I'll also ask him about the 913.

Appreciate it!