Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Deer Antlers - The Fountain Of Youth For Vijay

GolfSpy_X

what amazes me is that there is a plethora of sports that seem to think that performance enhancing drugs are an exception in their case and not the norm.

MoroGP lets riders take pain killer injections minutes before a race so that a rider can ride, AFL (football here in Australia has 3 strikes rule, WTF)and god knows what else is out there.

Cycling ( Lance Armstrong) has been dragged over the coals ( lets not forget they all did it) and lets not forget the Russian Olympic program etc etc.

If you think that a drug is not enhancing your performance then pull your head out of the sand (read ARSE) and get with the program.

If your body can not handle the pressure of the sport and your body needs a substance to perform then you are cheating, plain and simple and you should be dealt with consistently regardless of the sport.

AJ

PS 2 year ban for Vjay and learn from your your mistake.

Since this was a backhanded swipe at my post I'll retort to it directly. Do me a favor, since you said PED's are responsible for all of what you're saying. Go find someone that has never played golf, or baseball, or pick your sport. Pump them up with PED's and have them compete and win at the professional level in the sport of your choosing. PED's don't give you ability that you didn't have before.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Rookie - I don't think you're catching what I'm saying about this or maybe you are and you honestly believe that no pro golfer has ever used a PED because there is no benefit to them for golf or because golf is somehow immune to an issue that has plagued other sports.

If that's the case we disagree - Of course there's a benefit if only for healing and recovery to do additional training. I suspect there's more of a benefit.

I suppose this is because we (Rookie and I) have a history on this topic that others here aren't privy too - I'm not accusing Tiger in this thread, I haven't a clue if Tiger ever used or didn't use - I believe Tiger is one of the top 3 players of all time and I would never quibble with anyone who put him in the top spot. I think he worked like a dog to get where he was and continues to work hard to try and get back to the top so that he can reach his life goal of catching Jack. I admire his play and have loved watching him particularly when he was at his best. I'd like to see that again just as I'd love to see Jack play at his best just that one more time. I admire greatness.

Can I say anything else so that whenever this topic comes up you wont' think I'm taking a backhanded swipe at Tiger?

In regards to PED's I would agree with whoever wrote, (John Barry perhaps), that they should be fine for recovery from injury. They should be fine for whatever their intended medical use is - I have no trouble with that. Good luck figuring out how to write the rule and how to apply it.

This issue is really something - consider that a guy who had 3,000 hits in his MLB career and was never linked to any PED use didn't make the baseball Hall of Fame this year in part because of the way a bunch of PED users muddied the waters of the ballot.

I'm afraid I see that sort of thing coming for golf - I hope I'm wrong because it's made such a mess out of the sport that was my first love (not any more.)

I'd like to know how football coasts through all of it - they had such a problem with steroid use in the 70's that guys were dropping like flies from abusing them and yet very little of it has stuck.

Barry Bonds was a hall of Famer before he took anything (which they never were able to prove). He was a 2 time MVP and the best player in baseball at the time he signed with San Fran. McGwire and Sosa were jacking HR's at an astronomical rate and he wanted to prove he was not only the best player of all time, but also the best slugger. The guys voting on the HOF? 90% of them have never played the sport. They should let the players and only the players vote. Regardless of what you use, PED's don't give you ability. If Bonds doesn't deserve to get in, no one in his class does. See baseball turned a blind eye because they were making money hand over fist during the era of the long ball. When the govt got involved is when they wanted to do something after letting it go on and on and on. At that point, it was too late. Then they let a bunch of writers black ball players in their HOF vote. The media would've voted Bonds in regardless if he'd have been friendly to them and done interviews and joked. But he didnt, because he didnt trust not like them because he knew their nature of twisting the narrative to fit. So he'd give them a no comment and go out and hit another homerun. He was selfish with his life and that's his right. Had he been all open and joking and laughing with them, they'd have voted him in. Not voting him exposes the system and makes it a joke. The bigger issue IMO? The fact that they let players step to the plate in riot gear.

As for Tiger, he's never failed any test. Tim Finchem said if he's not failing a test, then testing everyone else is pointless.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I don't disagree with a thing you've written Rookie. I'd vote for Bonds if I had a vote for the reason that you gave - I don't know that he was the best player in baseball prior to his use but he was clearly on a Hall of Fame path, same holds true with Clemens although the evidence of his use points back further in time to where you might have a reasonable doubt. And I'm unconvinced by a botched federal prosecution of a perjury charge - remember it wasn't a did he use PED's charge it was a did he lie about it to congress.

To try and stop his name from coming up and to get the discussion to be focused on the main issue I will reiterate that I've said nothing about Tiger other than to say I'm assuming he has not used PED's. Instead I will say that I'm concerned that golf is in the process of doing the same thing as baseball only on a smaller scale.

If you've read anything I've written on PED use in baseball elsewhere you know full well that I think the wrong group is getting all the blame. It's not the MLB players shouldn't shoulder some of the blame it's that had owners and those charged with guarding the game of baseball actually been concerned about PED use they could have stopped it or at least tried when the smoke first started surfacing.

Among the players - at least in the minor leagues - it is assumed that all latin players - all - use PED's - that comes directly from any minor league player I've spoken with in the past two years and it's a signficant number 20-30. Even if their assumptions are wrong or they are filled with bias the suspicious will lead non-Latin players to use - doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. There is no confidence in MLB's drug testing policy among those players who want to go at the game honestly.

At any rate this is a golf forum so enough of that - lets say very little has happened in golf in the past for some reason and here's the smoke in golf - What they do now will demonstrate how serious they are about putting out the fire and also the way the players respond will tell you how serious they are about wanting it to stop.

Will they submit to blood sampling? It will be easier for them to do that than team sports where there are labor agreements.

Golf could become the model for professional sports in this country.

I'm very hopeful because as frustrated as I am with PED use and as much as I want to say - just let them do it because if some are and not getting caught it's the only way to level the field that's not the right way to go. It's a very slippery slope once we start down that one.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

Some of you guys clear me up on this. What is the difference between a steroid that your MD gives you for a legit injury and this other stuff? I do know in the course of my job now we we have to deal with DOT drug testing regulations for truck drivers. I just went to a seminar on it a couple of weeks ago but this sports doping thing confuses me. I have also heard the rumor that Red Bull has ground up deer antlers in it like the spray

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived