Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New MacGregor 2010 gear?

I received a package from MacGregor yesterday that contained a golf ball, ball marker and a note that said "Mark your calendar and watch your mail. The new MacGregor launches this April and your exclusive preview is on it's way."

Anyone know anything about this? I've been scouring the 'net and can't seem to find any info on what's coming out.

MacGregor Mystery Box

Presently In my Bargain Bin Golf Bag

Driver: Cleveland Launcher DST Driver

3 Wood: Cleveland Launcher DST Fairway Wood

Hybrids: Wilson 3h & 4h Fybrid

Irons: 2009 TaylorMade Burner Irons

Wedges: Eidolon 60 Degree Cleveland CG 15 52 & 56

Putter: Bettinardi BB1

Balls: Top-Flite Gamer & TaylorMade Penta

When you try and find out anything about MacGegor online it just takes you to Golfsmiths and they show you whats available for sale this year. Other then that Macgregor just says get ready for their new site this spring. But what else can there be to get excited about,their being sold by Golfsmith's. Pretty much enough said. another great American company reduced to the GS,next step K-mart. I'm sad.

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I received a package from MacGregor yesterday that contained a golf ball, ball marker and a note that said "Mark your calendar and watch your mail. The new MacGregor launches this April and your exclusive preview is on it's way."

Anyone know anything about this? I've been scouring the 'net and can't seem to find any info on what's coming out.

MacGregor Mystery Box

First off, welcome to the forum Dave. Nice to have another familiar face about.

That is one of the coolest marketing creatives I've ever seen. It's a great indication that Golfsmith isn't going to let the brand languish under their watch the way that Hogan did under Callaway. Other than the visibility of your blog, any idea why they sent it to you? Something stemming from the PGA Show perhaps? I'm just intrigued now...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

We have a lot of info on their new line-up...I have showed the new wedge on the forum. They were supposed to do sneak-peeks to us and some others but the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing and they ended up on Golfsmith before the design team could do the proper launch.

#TruthDigest

We have a lot of info on their new line-up...I have showed the new wedge on the forum. They were supposed to do sneak-peeks to us and some others but the right hand didn't know what the left hand was doing and they ended up on Golfsmith before the design team could do the proper launch.

i got a golfsmith catalog a month ago that showed all their new stuff. None of it was appealing to me at all. I love my MT Pro-M's though.

When do you think the MGS community will be privy to all the info on the new line up?

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Like we said we already were but they screwed up the launch so the info is already on Golfsmith.

When do you think the MGS community will be privy to all the info on the new line up?

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

LOL...don't sweat it. I know you guys have been busy and I am sure your eyes are strained. I really appreciate all you and the others have done to help grow the forum. I hope after the contest you continue to come back.

Got it, sorry, I misunderstood the first time. Might be time to give my eyes a break for a while.

#TruthDigest

LOL...don't sweat it. I know you guys have been busy and I am sure your eyes are strained. I really appreciate all you and the others have done to help grow the forum. I hope after the contest you continue to come back.

Colt - I will be around when the smoke clears. You have my word.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

• SPY VIP

Glad to hear that. And I hope after it grows to larger numbers that you guys still feel you have a home here.

Colt - I will be around when the smoke clears. You have my word.

#TruthDigest

Glad to hear that. And I hope after it grows to larger numbers that you guys still feel you have a home here.

I plan on staying until I get kicked out... really great group of fellas here.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

• SPY VIP

I plan on staying until I get kicked out... really great group of fellas here.

Right with you there too, I will hang for sure. Contest is great, but if it was a drag, no one would have put the time into it that has gone in this month.

Nic was suggesting a Vegas meet-up in November. Joking or not, I would be totally excited to get together with the board folk in person and put up too many shots on the course and in the bar after (before?).

Thanks MGS.

btw, does anyone think that golfsmith will get their investment back out of MacGregor this year? IF they have a line-up that people are not totally comfortable with after the acquisition, the last thing that they should do is mess up the launch buzz. seems like a fatal business plan to me...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Nic was suggesting a Vegas meet-up in November. Joking or not, I would be totally excited to get together with the board folk in person and put up too many shots on the course and in the bar after (before?).

VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!!! I'd be totally up for that.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Btw, does anyone think that golfsmith will get their investment back out of MacGregor this year? IF they have a line-up that people are not totally comfortable with after the acquisition, the last thing that they should do is mess up the launch buzz. seems like a fatal business plan to me...

I'm encouraged by the marketing effort but I think Golfsmith is going to creatively come up with a way to totally crater the brand. It might not happen this year or next. But, eventually it will happen.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I absolutely will. The guys I've "met" here are really nice, and as we've pointed out elsewhere, it's about the only golf forum that isn't chock full of guys who hit it 300 yards and shoot in the 60's. Or at least claim to.

Wait, so where does that leave me? :rolleyes:

Right with you there too, I will hang for sure. Contest is great, but if it was a drag, no one would have put the time into it that has gone in this month.

Thanks MGS.

btw, does anyone think that golfsmith will get their investment back out of MacGregor this year? IF they have a line-up that people are not totally comfortable with after the acquisition, the last thing that they should do is mess up the launch buzz. seems like a fatal business plan to me...

I'm in for Vegas as long as the Par Mates are involved.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

I'm in for Vegas as long as the Par Mates are involved.

Do we have to drop $500 a round to involve the Par Mates? :unsure: Couldn't we just take them out for a beer or something?

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Wait, so where does that leave me? :unsure:

Two out of three ain't bad.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

If we, as a group, ever want to do a Myrtle beach Meet up, or Pinehurst, or Williamsburg, or Virginia Beach, or Ocean City, just let me know. I will get it all planned.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Archived