Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

You Tube Video of Putter

ss900

Can some one enlighten me on a club that I found on you tube. It looks like a driver but they say that it is a putter, so if anyone has experience with it, how does it shoot? It is called the eagles grasp.

thanks an inquiring mind

It certainly should win the ugly putter award. I have never seen one before.

I did go to the PGA Superstore today and spent a bunch of time playing with different putters. It was very enlightening. I have been wanting a Scotty Newport 2.6 because I thought I like the way it looked at address, but I could not make a putt at all with that one.

Also I tried out a putter with a SuperStroke Grip, and one putter I consistently missed the hole by 3 feet. Changed to a different putter and started dropping them in the hole. It was funny how some putters the ball went right to the hole and some putters the ball did not come close to the hole but would all miss in the same general area.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

It certainly should win the ugly putter award. I have never seen one before.

I did go to the PGA Superstore today and spent a bunch of time playing with different putters. It was very enlightening. I have been wanting a Scotty Newport 2.6 because I thought I like the way it looked at address, but I could not make a putt at all with that one.

Also I tried out a putter with a SuperStroke Grip, and one putter I consistently missed the hole by 3 feet. Changed to a different putter and started dropping them in the hole. It was funny how some putters the ball went right to the hole and some putters the ball did not come close to the hole but would all miss in the same general area.

Do you think balance and MOI play into affect of how the club hits the ball?

I definitely think both are factors. The face balance or lack their of needs to match your stroke. Face balanced for straight back straight through and toe hang for arced strokes. Moi just makes the sweet spot bigger effectively because the face twists less on off center hits. I also think that certain head styles and alignment aids help people aim better and which ones are different for everybody. Also certain styles give certain people confidence and that is the most important thing for putting.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Today, I saw first hand how toe flow, the opening and closing of the putter face, directly effects the putting stroke. So face balance is directly proportional to the swing path. The Scotty 2.6 is a face balanced putter. I thought I would like that but I did not putt great with it. I did putt well with the "toe hang putters".

As far as MOI goes, I do not buy into its effect so much on putting. Certainly I can see it in other clubs especially in off center hits but the putter is only moving a little bit and you are not trying to get the ball to travel 300 yards, just 3 feet or 10 feet. MOI would help keep the face square with off center hits but then again, how off center are you going to hit a putter. I have a mallet putter (Scotty Cameron Kombi S) it has a higher MOI than the blade putters I have but it is harder to control the shorter putts on really fast greens than the blade putters with less MOI.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Archived