Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

MyGolfSpy's 2013 ULTIMATE Driver Test

Tony Covey MGS

• SPY VIP

We're inching closer to revealing the entire field, but I thought I'd go ahead and reveal the first bit of bad news surrounding our test.

Hireko Golf had originally planned to participate in the test, however, inventory for the new Acer XS line won't be available for approximately 3 weeks, which is a little later than we can manage for this test. We'll look at reviewing the Acer XS a little later this season.

Despite this little bit of disappointing news, we're still not done yet.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

We're inching closer to revealing the entire field, but I thought I'd go ahead and reveal the first bit of bad news surrounding our test.

Hireko Golf had originally planned to participate in the test, however, inventory for the new Acer XS line won't be available for approximately 3 weeks, which is a little later than we can manage for this test. We'll look at reviewing the Acer XS a little later this season.

I'll say two things to this:

1) Awesome that it was attempted and both parties wanted it to happen

2) Too bad, I would have loved to see Hireko mixed in with this, but it'll be good to read a review from them later on.

To anyone who hasn't done business with Hireko, Jeff Summit, their technical director, is one of the most helpful people on the internet for golf.

• SPY VIP

I'll say two things to this:

1) Awesome that it was attempted and both parties wanted it to happen

2) Too bad, I would have loved to see Hireko mixed in with this, but it'll be good to read a review from them later on.

To anyone who hasn't done business with Hireko, Jeff Summit, their technical director, is one of the most helpful people on the internet for golf.

Great guys over there at Hireko. No dispute on that one.

We'll see what happens with the rest of the field, but we've still got Wishon, PowerBilt, and Geek...and I suppose some might say Wilson Staff, as entries from smaller brands.

Still...having one more would have been great. The upside is I was able to backfill their spot, which reminds me....

We're not done yet.

Tell me more!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• SPY VIP

Oops, guess I was sleeping on the job. Don't know how I missed that.

Unfortunately, because of the need to re-announce Wishon Golf's participation for JBones, the likelihood is that there won't be any further announcements today. Also, barring a surprise visit from UPS I don't actually have anything to announce...or do I?

Monday for sure.

Damn. That was the one I was looking for.

Looks like I'll be buying the XS on blind faith then...well, almost blind, I have their XF Pro irons and hybrids.

In the bag:
Driver:cobra-small: Darkspeed X 9°  UST Mamiya LIN-Q M40X Blue 7F4
Fairway: :callaway-logo-1: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:callaway-logo-1: Fairway 14 stand bag
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Tour

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

This is going to turn out to be tremendous

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Is Zolex sending "The Hammer" 2013 edition? No testing would be complete without it.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• SPY VIP

I've updated the original post (way back at the beginning of page 1) to show you where things stand at this very moment with respect to who is participating.

As I hinted at on Thursday evening...we had some unexpected developments with respect to the test. Hey...things happen...you adjust...and you move on.

Based on the available information I can promise that 66.6% of the spots left on the board (see page 1 graphic) will absolutely be filled. The other 33.3%...let's call them optimistically questionable.

So yeah...like I keep saying...

We're Not Done Yet

Epic. The only "major" OEM missing appears to be Cleveland. Meaning we should expect to have at least 2 more "boutique" manufacturers represented.

Thanks for doing this guys, can't wait for the results!

Driver: Bridgestone J40 - 445

Woods: TEE - 4

Hybrids - Adams Super 19*/22*

Irons: Adams CB2

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 54*/58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Sonoma

Oh man! I got all excited when this got bumped to the top of new content.......

Same, but as you know, "we're not done yet" so something should come soon. I would be very surprised if Cleveland opted out seeing as they are trying to build the brand and actually have solid driver offerings. Regardless, it looks like a packed field. It's hard waiting T. It's really hard!

• SPY VIP

Sorry guys...I missed the delivery today. Today's announcement is postponed until tomorrow.

• SPY VIP

Post a picture of something T. Anything!

Alright...here's what I'm going to do. Since I didn't deliver on a single announcement today, I promise to deliver no fewer than 3 tomorrow. That's right...I typed 3...on purpose. Just so you know it's not a typo...THREE.

In the meantime I'll give you preview of a new "Spy" site GolfSpy X and I have been working on launching. We weren't going to show this off until the new site officially launched, but what the hell. ManBearPig wanted a pic...so here it is:

mgs-baaaaah.png

Alright...here's what I'm going to do. Since I didn't deliver on a single announcement today, I promise to deliver no fewer than 3 tomorrow. That's right...I typed 3...on purpose. Just so you know it's not a typo...THREE.

In the meantime I'll give you preview of a new "Spy" site GolfSpy X and I have been working on launching. We weren't going to show this off until the new site officially launched, but what the hell. ManBearPig wanted a pic...so here it is:

Got a spy photo for you of the upcoming TMAG offering...

white_goat_kid_photo_18.JPG

Driver: Bridgestone J40 - 445

Woods: TEE - 4

Hybrids - Adams Super 19*/22*

Irons: Adams CB2

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T11 54*/58*

Putter: Scotty Cameron Sonoma

This thread took a weird turn!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Archived