Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Winners Bag 2-10-13

TWShoot67

IN THE WINNER'S BAG

Brandt Snedeker

PGA Tour: AT&T Pebble Beach National Pro-Am

Driver: TaylorMade Burner Superfast (8.5 degree; Fujikura Motore VC 7.2 X shaft)

Fairway Wood: Tour Edge Exotics CB4 3-wood (13 degree; Fujikura Motore Speeder 8.1 X shaft)

Hybrid: Ping Anser (20 degree; UST Mamiya ProForce VTS 100x shaft)

Irons (4-PW): Bridgestone Golf J40 Cavity Back (SteelFiber i95 Constant Weight S-Flex shafts)

Wedges: Bridgestone Golf J40 (52 and 56 degree; True Temper GS 95 shafts); Titleist Vokey TVD K grind wide sole prototype (60 degree; True Temper Dynamic Gold S400 shaft)

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG Rossie

Ball: Bridgestone Tour B330

Footwear: Adidas Adizero Tour

Grips: Lamkin Tour Black Full-Cord

Richard Sterne

European Tour: Joburg Open

Driver: TaylorMade R11 (10.5 degree)

Fairway Woods: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 3-wood (14.5 degree); TaylorMade RBZ Tour 5-wood (17.5 degree)

Irons (4-9): TaylorMade R9 TP

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM4 (48, 52 and 56 degree); Cleveland 588 RTX (60 degree)

Putter: Odyssey White Ice 2-Ball V-Line

Ball: TaylorMade Penta TP5

Footwear: Duca Del Cosma

Rocco Mediate

Champions Tour: Allianz Championship

Driver: TaylorMade RBZ Tour (8 degree; Fujikura Motore Series shaft)

Fairway Wood: TaylorMade RBZ Tour 3-wood (14.5 degree; Fujikura Motore Series shaft)

Hybrid: TaylorMade RBZ Tour (18.5 degree; Fujikura Hybrid shaft)

Irons: N/A

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Design SM4 (52 and 56 degree)

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo N5

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x (2013)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Appreiciate the report as usual. I was curious because on the Morning drive yesterday morning they were stirring the pot ( as usual) about Snedeker having a 3 year old driver and a 7 year old putter in his bag for the win. I noticed on your post he has quite a few clubs that are not Bridgestone

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Appreiciate the report as usual. I was curious because on the Morning drive yesterday morning they were stirring the pot ( as usual) about Snedeker having a 3 year old driver and a 7 year old putter in his bag for the win. I noticed on your post he has quite a few clubs that are not Bridgestone

Brandt has two babies at home, perhaps he can't afford newer equipment.:lol: $2.8 Million in 45 days will keep the kids in diapers but a new driver or putter? Of course if it ain't broke don't fix it.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Rocco is on the Champions Tour Learning Center now, and he was demonstrating a 3 iron shot he hit. 145 yards punch under and around some trees. It did not show a close up of his irons and it was kind of shadowy but it looked like he is playing Rocketbladez,

I think he is sponsored by Dick's so it could be any brand but that is what it looked like to me.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I actually pulled that shot off a few weeks ago with my 3 iron. I punched through an opening in the trees under the branches with a hard slice that curved to the green. It had so much side spin it shot sideways when it hit the ground. I came up just short of the green or it would have been better, but still was a cool shot. Nobody saw it either. I was playing in the afternoon by myself.

Brandt has two babies at home, perhaps he can't afford newer equipment.:lol: $2.8 Million in 45 days will keep the kids in diapers but a new driver or putter? Of course if it ain't broke don't fix it.

I totally agree on the dont broke dont fix it part. It supports my theory that newer aint nescerrialy better. I myself am hitting a 3 year old Wishon 949 MC I have tried some of the newer drivers on a launch monitor etc and the Wishon still works better for me. It had the guys at the big box golf store perplexed

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Rocco is on the Champions Tour Learning Center now, and he was demonstrating a 3 iron shot he hit. 145 yards punch under and around some trees. It did not show a close up of his irons and it was kind of shadowy but it looked like he is playing Rocketbladez,

I think he is sponsored by Dick's so it could be any brand but that is what it looked like to me.

I remember a few yeara ago Rocco done a Dick's commercial and said the same thing. I knew a guy that worked on the Cally Tour van when Rocco was on their Tour staff told me that at the time he was hitting 'off the shelf" X-22 s with absolutely no tweaking. What ever works

G

A couple of things jumped out at me here even beyond what was mentioned.

1. Brandt has S flex in his irons not x - don't know why I just noticed that but it's of interest.

2. Sternn was using the Penta 5 and not the new one - whatever the heck it's called.

3. All 3 players were using TMag drivers but none were using this year's model.

I realize that there has been at least one notable win with new equipment (Phil) but am wondering if it isn't the guys who stick with the old stuff that win more frequently early in the season. Just wondering here.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

A couple of things jumped out at me here even beyond what was mentioned.

1. Brandt has S flex in his irons not x - don't know why I just noticed that but it's of interest.

I'm guessing for weight. You can hard step a S flex to get X with lower weight.

2. Sternn was using the Penta 5 and not the new one - whatever the heck it's called.

3. All 3 players were using TMag drivers but none were using this year's model.

It's not like the Tour guys ever use the off the shelf model anyway!

Couldn't it be for trajectory also? I know that lots of the younger guys like to go after it all the time but there are veteran players who seriously throttle back their swing with their irons - maybe he likes to swing easier with the irons and the S flex helps him still keep his trajectory while doing that?

I know a guy who's played some champions tour stuff and qualified for a US Open using a 3 wood with an R flex shaft in it for that very reason - he's not that long (relatively speaking) and knew he'd need the 3 wood into some of the par 4's at an open and wanted to hit it higher. I actually have the club - it's in my kid's bag.

Of interest to me with the balls is that those choices or Tiger's use of the Nike One Tour D debunk the marketing claims made by the OEM's in their commercials.

Big shocker there though.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing for weight. You can hard step a S flex to get X with lower weight.

It's not like the Tour guys ever use the off the shelf model anyway!

Hard stepping a S flex to get an X is exactly what I do That is why I dont pay attention to what other people hit because you dont ever know till you put it on the frequency machine and by doing this you can make the head weight feel heavy which is what I like personally

G

Archived