TESTERS WANTED! ×

MannKrafted "Roswell Ltd"

golfluvzme

You never know when an idea will strike you, or what you'll be doing when it hits. This one was inspired by a putter that I saw in a good friend's collection of Camerons, several years ago. I had forgotten about it, but when I posted first step pictures, on another site, it was mentioned that it looked like a specific Cameron handmade and I knew instantly that I had pulled it from my subconscious, without even knowing it, LOL.

The head began life as a standard Superstition, now known as the Carolina and offered exclusively through SSB. I saw the Santa Fe'd steps cut out in my mind and didn't start this bad rascal until 10 o'clock, one night. By 1 A.M., I had the base head shaped and crashed to mull over what neck would look best.

I believe that I had the neck already chosen, beveled for the sloped pintail location and ready for the welder, by the time one of my past customers said, "I GOTTA HAVE IT!" We worked out the stampings, chose a sweet Torch'd finish and the rest is what you see here.

I chose to have the 303 SS hosel welded with 308 SS Tig rod, because of its color change, compared to the raw steel of the base head, when Torch'd. I LOVE the way it gleams like pure gold, around the base of that mid-length hosel.

Check it out and let me know what you think of it. I enjoyed putting this one together, but that is part of every MannKrafted piece I have the great fortune to create.

Thanks for allowing me to share my work and my passion,

LaMont in AZ

2009_12210032.jpg

2009_12210034.jpg

2009_12210035.jpg

2009_12210036.jpg

2009_12210038.jpg

There are some nuts up north of you Lamont in Red Rocks country that would love to game that putter. It would go nicely with their tin foil hat.

Seriously though, nice job!

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

You could almost cut the edges to look like a saw blade too. Pointy and dangerous perimeter.

Call it the lumberjack

it would sell a ton in the pacific northwest.

Too bad you don't have an alien head stamp for the neck on this one.

or LEDs in the neck...

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived