HUGE CONTEST - "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!"

Our Sponsors

First off, Welcome!

#10 is at 238 posts, so mathematically, yes. Within possibility? Only if you become Sactown for the next couple of days. Good Luck! And don't let that discourage you. <_>

I know Sactown... I don't recommend being him. Particularly for a couple of days. LOL! :-)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JOIN TODAY...AND WIN!!   "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!" - (Starts March 1st)   OK MyGolfSpy'ers...it's almost officially time to launch the brand new MyGolfSpy forum. We have go

Posted Images

I got nothin' but love for you Sactown! On another note, who is rooting for Tiger, and who is rooting against Tiger at the Masters? Maybe we should start a thread on that topic. I'm such a rookie, maybe someone already did...

Do I have a chance to catch anyone? Is it mathematically possible?

Sactown, MSaternus, and I have all gone on posting binges exceeding 220 posts in a 24 hour period. In doing so our fingers bled, backs ached, and legs cramped. We ignored our spouses/children/friends/pets the entire team, barely ate and got virtually no sleep.

It is possible? Yes, if you enjoy pain.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Sactown, MSaternus, and I have all gone on posting binges exceeding 220 posts in a 24 hour period. In doing so our fingers bled, backs ached, and legs cramped. We ignored our spouses/children/friends/pets the entire team, barely ate and got virtually no sleep.

Hahaha...yes, the posting marathon was actually more painful to my life than the Chicago Marathon. Thankfully, the finish line is in sight and I can keep all my future posting in the windsprint range, no more Iron Mans.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

• SPY VIP

Hahaha...yes, the posting marathon was actually more painful to my life than the Chicago Marathon. Thankfully, the finish line is in sight and I can keep all my future posting in the windsprint range, no more Iron Mans.

Whatever you guys, I have my personal contest goal of 4K posts to think of. HAMMER DOWN!

Zolex in the keyboard makes me type faster and longer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Whatever you guys, I have my personal contest goal of 4K posts to think of. HAMMER DOWN!

Zolex in the keyboard makes me type faster and longer

:lol: :lol: :lol:

If you get there, you will be Agent Name: Barbara Blackburn...

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

We are coming down to the last couple days in the contest and I wanted to thank you all for taking part in this contest and helping grow the forum. Keep spreading the word and we will continue to dedicate our days to providing you all with the best content we can.

Thank you again this has been fun.

** Already over 18,000 Posts and over 750 members in less then a month. By this time next month hopefully we will be over 1000 members. And with the traffic coming in it looks like that should be attainable.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

We are coming down to the last couple days in the contest and I wanted to thank you all for taking part in this contest and helping grow the forum. Keep spreading the word and we will continue to dedicate our days to providing you all with the best content we can.

Thank you again this has been fun.

** Already over 18,000 Posts and over 750 members in less then a month. By this time next month hopefully we will be over 1000 members. And with the traffic coming in it looks like that should be attainable.

And I think we all have to thank you for setting all of this up. :) That goal seems easily attainable.

** Already over 18,000 Posts and over 750 members in less then a month.

Roughly over 500 members have zero posts while close to 80% of the posts are made by 12 members. For this to truly be a success these need to be addressed.

Roughly over 500 members have zero posts while close to 80% of the posts are made by 12 members. For this to truly be a success these need to be addressed.

No one is preventing anyone else from posting. If someone - or a group of people - is intentionally and maliciously doing such a thing, don't hesitate to contact the mods and admins.

If the suggestion is that a certain group of people are "posting too much," please keep in mind that there is a contest currently taking place, in which prizes are at stake. What are people supposed to do? Try to "not" win?

Posted Image
  • SPY VIP

I understand your concern. Although 30 days is just the very early stages of any site and especially a forum. In looking at the growth of the other forums we are well ahead of their numbers after 30 days...even with many of the members not posting.

And secondly with our focus on quality content and educational type postings in the near future from the leaders in the industry this will not be an issue for very long. Remember "Rome was not built in a day."

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy
  • SPY VIP

The contest will end at midnight tonight EST...please make sure to send information to me in an email with the following information:

EXAMPLE SCORE SHEET

Joining Forum: 10 point

Facebook or Twitter: 3 points (provide me with your account names)

Referrals: 30 points (Only include names of your referrals that have over 10 posts)

Articles: 15 points (provide URL to article)

Total Points for the Contest: 3465

You guys still have about 13 hours to submit posts!

send to contact(at)mygolfspy.com

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

The contest will end at midnight tonight...please make sure to send information to me in an email with the following information:

EXAMPLE SCORE SHEET

Joining Forum: 10 point

Facebook or Twitter: 3 points (provide me with your account names)

Referrals: 30 points (Only include names of your referrals that have over 10 posts)

Articles: 15 points (provide URL to article)

Total Points for the Contest: 3465

You guys still have about 13 hours to submit posts!

send to contact(at)mygolfspy.com

Thanks.. I will resubmit in a little bit with all of the account names and URL's...

What I lug around the golf course in my MacKenzie Walker.

Driver -   Ping G410 Plus 9° Tour 65 S
Fairway -  :srixon-small: Z785 13.5° Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 3,5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX4 Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Nike  Method Converge B1-01 UST Frequency Filter/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black / Ping Anser F/ Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Email sent... Good luck to everyone... It has been fun, and I hope it continues...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

How soon will the official announcement of the winners come out?

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

• SPY VIP

CONTEST WINNERS!

"Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!"

What a month! Time sure does fly by...it really does seem like just a couple days ago that we were launching this new forum. Just 30 days ago when we turned on the lights to the forum I really didn't know what to expect. I knew the contest would do many positive things for the birth of the MGS Forum. Although I honestly did not think one of the positive things would be that as many genuine friendships would have formed in this short time. It is great to see.

Also when I originally sent out the email looking for moderators I was not looking for the typical guy that I am sure other forums look for. I really did not care if they had experience with moderating as much as they did a passion for the game and people. And I think the group of guys we chose to help us with this new site have done a tremendous job. I really appreciate the dedication you all have shown in helping the MGS forum become something special.

Listen I knew that the gear we were giving away would create some posting but I would have never thought that we would have almost hit 20,000 in a month! And a large % of those were just what we were hoping for....educational type posts and ones with members helping other members. Now I was not big on member numbers...it really was not about quantity for me and never will be. I really want to not only bring the typical golf forum guy to the site for information but I want to bring the guy that has never had the opportunity to experience what a great golf forum is all about...and I think we have done that so far.

Out of the 775+ members in the first month many have emailed me and told me that they had never been a part of any other forum in their life and told me how much they enjoyed the atmosphere and kindness they have seen from all the other members.

So I want to say that I really appreciate all your dedication you have shown in helping us get this new golf forum off the ground. I hope this type of atmosphere continues and I hope to be able to bring you bigger and better things as this site grows. Thank you guys...it has been an enjoyable last 30 days :)

1st Place - Sactown

* Solus Golf (Tour Only)Package = $2000

* Mizuno MP-58 Iron Set = $1000

* Cleveland DST Launcher Driver = $350

* Bettinardi Studio Stock 3C Putter = $365

* Adams Golf FAST 10 Fairway Wood = $225

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $3,940

2nd Place - Msaternus

* Callaway Golf Diablo FORGED Iron Set = $1000

* Callaway Jaws Wedge Set = $400

* Bettinardi Studio Stock 3C Putter = $365

* Cleveland BRZ Putter = $100

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $2,215

3rd Place - Addicted2Golf

* Cleveland CG15 Wedge Set = $390

* Byron Custom Putter Package = $650

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $1,490

4th Place - Jamo

* Scratch Golf HANDMADE Putter = $425

* Wilson Golf Padriag Harrington Tour Golf Bag & Autographed Pic = $400

* Wilson Golf FYbrid Wood or Hybrid= $200

* Never Compromise NCX Putter = $170

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $1,195

5th Place - NicSherman

* Scratch Golf HANDMADE Wedge = $425

* Seemore Golf m2 Platinum Putter = $325

* Adams Golf FAST 10 Fairway Wood = $225

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $1,075

6th Place - NGage

* Seemore Golf m2 Platinum Putter = $325

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $525

7th Place - JohnBarry

* Never Compromise NCX Putter= $170

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $370

8th Place - Mudfish

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $170

9th Place - DJNiich

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $170

10th Place - FunkyFedora

>> TOTAL PACKAGE = $170

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy
  • SPY VIP

So I don't know if an acceptance speech is warranted, but here is one anyway…

First and foremost I want to thank MGS and the other mods for this contest. When I signed up, never did I think that I would actually win…

I also want to thank all of the other members that I have communicated with this month. Again, never did I think that during the course of the contest that I would make so many new connections and friendships. This developing community has been fun to be apart of and I am very grateful to all of you.

As a side note, let me tell you what this contest has meant to my family and me. About two years ago, we found ourselves in a nasty financial bind right before Christmas. Like a no presents, no nothing kind of bind. In our desperate time of need, my father-in-law stepped in and gave us the financial help that we needed to right the ship. He had the extra money at the time, and he was happy to help us. Over the past two years, there has been an ongoing attempt to repay him by my wife, although such a repayment was not part of the assistance.

So getting back to the contest, as I was talking to my father-in-law about the prizes, he said that he was interested in buying the Solus wedges from me, should I win. At this point the possibility of repayment became an obvious motivator for me. I decided then that I had to come in first so that I could give the wedges to him as thanks for saving us during our time of need and to take the burden of repayment from my wife. Plus he is a 2 index and they will actually be in the hands of someone who could use them. ☺

So now maybe some of you who called for me to be banned for posting so much can see my motivation for being on the boards for 10+ hours a day, all month long…

Anyway, that is what I truly give thanks for to MGS and the rest of the forum community. I have gained far more from this contest than just some cool golf equipment.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...