HUGE CONTEST - "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!"

Our Sponsors

• SPY VIP

I will be contacting all the winners on Monday to get contact info for all the OEM's involved in the contest. I will then contact them all with your info and they will be getting in touch with you shortly after.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy
  • Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

JOIN TODAY...AND WIN!!   "Biggest Golf Forum Launch Contest Ever!" - (Starts March 1st)   OK MyGolfSpy'ers...it's almost officially time to launch the brand new MyGolfSpy forum. We have go

Posted Images

Ok....got my email from Wilson Golf. That's the good news. The bad news is that it seems what I've won is my selection of whatever they have left from last year's models....and they've told me there are few selections left.

Not to be too negative...but the prize was listed at a $200 value, and those fybrids from last year are at $49.99.

http://www.gppgolf.com/products2.cfm/ID/7693/name/wilson-staff-fybrid-fy-golf-club

• SPY VIP

Well we were not told that these would be left overs that is for sure.

Although all the products we had in the contest in regards to cost were the MSRP pricing for the product. So at the time we began this contest that was the MSRP for that product.

I will email them today about the leftover issue.

Ok....got my email from Wilson Golf. That's the good news. The bad news is that it seems what I've won is my selection of whatever they have left from last year's models....and they've told me there are few selections left.

Not to be too negative...but the prize was listed at a $200 value, and those fybrids from last year are at $49.99.

http://www.gppgolf.com/products2.cfm/ID/7693/name/wilson-staff-fybrid-fy-golf-club

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

Well we were not told that these would be left overs that is for sure.

Although all the products we had in the contest in regards to cost were the MSRP pricing for the product. So at the time we began this contest that was the MSRP for that product.

I will email them today about the leftover issue.

Sorry to create an issue....and I fully understand the MSRP part of it. I'd like to post the messages I've gotten from them on here, but I don't want to create any issues between you and them. Yet...I feel maybe I should, in the vein of letting it all be in the open and letting everyone judge for themselves.

Let me know how you'd like me to do it....but I definitely think it would be helpful for you to see the messages I got.

Maybe I'll send them in a PM, and let you decide, lol.

• SPY VIP

PM them to me.

Sorry to create an issue....and I fully understand the MSRP part of it. I'd like to post the messages I've gotten from them on here, but I don't want to create any issues between you and them. Yet...I feel maybe I should, in the vein of letting it all be in the open and letting everyone judge for themselves.

Let me know how you'd like me to do it....but I definitely think it would be helpful for you to see the messages I got.

Maybe I'll send them in a PM, and let you decide, lol.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

PM sent.

Again, sorry to maybe create an issue......but I felt it needed to be made known. It kinda just seems more like a random door prize of whatever they have left over from last year. I would hope that they'd have realized a site or forum specifically dedicated to golf and golf equipment would draw a bit more dedicated and educated golfer.

It's not like I can really use a ladies left handed 37* hybrid, lol. :D (just a joke...it wasn't quite that bad)

Ok....and to kinda roast myslef, I give you this:

:D

A Kansas farm wife called the local

phone company to report her telephone failed to ring when her friends called - and that on the few occasions, when it did ring, her dog always moaned right before the phone rang.

The telephone repairman proceeded to the scene, curious to see this psychic dog or senile lady. He climbed a telephone pole, hooked in his test set, and dialed the subscriber's house.

The phone didn't ring right away, but then the dog moaned and the telephone began to ring.

Climbing down from the pole, the telephone repairman found:

1 . The dog was tied to the telephone system's ground wire with a steel chain and collar.

2. The wire connection to the ground rod was loose.

3. The dog was receiving 90 volts of signaling current when the number was called.

4.. After a couple of jolts, the dog would start moaning and then urinate.

5. The wet ground would complete the circuit, thus causing the phone to ring.

Which demonstrates that some problems CAN be fixed by

pissing and moaning.

I too got my Wilson E-mail, and they never asked which number wood I wanted. Maybe I missed it on the contest prize page if it specified, but a 5 or 7 wood would be next to useless because I don't carry either, where a 3 wood could fight for a spot in my bag. They just asked me whether I wanted stiff or regular. I'm not trying to complain, a free club is a free club, but if I get a 5 wood or a 7 wood, I'm going to sell it, something I didn't really want to do.

• SPY VIP

It actually was specified as "and your very own FYbrid 5 wood that he used to win the British Open!” but I spoke to Wilson today and have gotten back to me and said they have taken care of NGage with his request for a 3wd. Doing our best t have them take care of you.

I too got my Wilson E-mail, and they never asked which number wood I wanted. Maybe I missed it on the contest prize page if it specified, but a 5 or 7 wood would be next to useless because I don't carry either, where a 3 wood could fight for a spot in my bag. They just asked me whether I wanted stiff or regular. I'm not trying to complain, a free club is a free club, but if I get a 5 wood or a 7 wood, I'm going to sell it, something I didn't really want to do.

#TruthDigest

Follow @MyGolfSpy

It actually was specified as "and your very own FYbrid 5 wood that he used to win the British Open!” but I spoke to Wilson today and have gotten back to me and said they have taken care of NGage with his request for a 3wd. Doing our best t have them take care of you.

Thank you very much!

None of us have heard from Cleveland and they were a big part of this. I'm assuming that we will be able to specify lofts, shaft flex, shaft length, etc. before they ship us anything.

I have heard from Byron and we're trading emails. No issues there.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Head from Wilson, mine shipped today, and Never Compromise, and will have the putter next Wednesday!!! The guy from Never Compromise was very nice, and answered a bunch of questions before we settled on everything.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

Good to hear.... Still waiting to hear from Adams, Scratch, and Cleveland

Driver -   Ping G400 9° Project X HRZDUS Yellow Handcrafted 65 S
Fairway -  Tour Edge Exotics CB2 15° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

Fairway - Tour Edge Exotics CB2 18° Grafalloy Prolite 35  S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

3 Iron - :srixon-small: Z585  TTDG IT S400 1° flat

Irons -  :srixon-small: Z785  TTDG IT S400 5-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

Got notification today that my wood has been shipped from Wilson, and it looks like it will be here tomorrow. I look forward to trying it out ASAP.

And another public thanks to the Admin for stepping up. :)

Wait... I haven't heard anything from Never Compromise yet... Should I have gotten an email?

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Still have not heard from Cleveland and Byron didn't email today either. Nuts.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I got emails from them. They've decided to give me your prizes. B)

And then you woke up.

Actually, Byron got in touch and kicked it in gear. Kudos to Steve for giving me a little extra attention. As I told him yesterday, I've never ordered a putter in my life. I've owned a mix of Scottys, Pings, and a Rife and they have all been bought off the shelf so this is a new experience. Pretty cool stuff.

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

I haven't heard from Never Compromise yet.

PING: Rapture V1 9° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (65 Stiff)

TITLEIST: 906F4 15.5° Aldila VS Proto 'By You' (80 Stiff)

COBRA: 5w Speed LD F/ST Tour AD YS Designed by Graphite Design made for Cobra Stiff

PING: S59 Rifle 6.5 Soft stepped

PING: Tour 48°, 52°, 58°

Byron SS Custom 006

Titelist Pro V 1

Ping hoofer Vantage

"Everyday you miss practicing, it will take you one day longer to get good." -Ben Hogan