Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

MG Golf Balls

• SPY VIP

http://www.mggolf.com/CREW/

So anyone willing to order up some of these and fire away a review vs. the big tour balls?

(My mom loves their mallet putter. Drains lots with it too: http://www.mggolf.com/putters.asp?ru=0&te=&v=&shopping=&f=c )

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

http://www.mggolf.com/CREW/

So anyone willing to order up some of these and fire away a review vs. the big tour balls?

(My mom loves their mallet putter. Drains lots with it too: http://www.mggolf.com/putters.asp?ru=0&te=&v=&shopping=&f=c )

interesting, the numbers look very comparable. I may order some in a week or so. I like the fact that they supposedly dont spin as much as a ProV1, thats one of my problems with those balls.

People Sleep Peacibly in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- George Orwell

• SPY VIP

Interesting. I'd like to see a review, too. Hard to tell with stuff like this if it's a great new company trying to break in or if it's a scam.

I think that the company has been around for quite a while, but I don't remember them pushing the tour ball like this. Usually I get mailers and emails pimping their Ti driver for $89

Volvo Intorqueo

I think that the company has been around for quite a while, but I don't remember them pushing the tour ball like this. Usually I get mailers and emails pimping their Ti driver for $89

I'm going to have to say that that titanium driver is a little too yellow for me, they should not put the yellow on the crown.

• SPY VIP

Wow.....have we gotten to knock-off golf balls now?

Seems so. I feel like these would be harder to make than clubs. More operating/machine costs.

Volvo Intorqueo

• SPY VIP

It would be interesting to see a real scientific comparison between the two of them.

Maybe Matt can take the band saw to some to compare them to others.

There is another article for ya Matt? :lol:

Volvo Intorqueo

I found one of these last weekend! I didn't recognize the brand, but it felt like a good ball so I stuck it in my bag. Looking forward to trying it now!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

I found one of these last weekend! I didn't recognize the brand, but it felt like a good ball so I stuck it in my bag. Looking forward to trying it now!

Nice! You may be the only one the boards with one... Please do report back how it plays.

Volvo Intorqueo

I can see the review from me now..exploded off the face, good carry, and went right in the middle of the lake, the rest of the balls I use!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Well at least we've got confirmation that they are for real, lol. When you play, maybe you can hit it side by side with a ProV1 to compare and let us know something.

I put this into play last weekend, we were playing the ball up so I was trading it in and out with a Callaway Tour ix. I gotta say my initial impression was pretty favorable. The ball feels very soft around the greens and spins as well as the Callaway. I put a huge scuff on it coming out of the sand but it one hop stopped beautifully. It was a good test because the Callaways rip easy like that too, more so even that the Pro Vs imo. It pretty much toasted the ball and relegated it to my practice bag. Tee shot performance was comparable to the Callaway as well.

My friends thought the same as I do, the ball feels like a good ball. You know how you can kind of compress a tour calibre ball in your hand a bit? You can do that with the MG, and I do what I call the "tooth test", where I tap a ball on my teeth (yes, I get made fun of for it, but you can tell the difference between a good ball and a rock immediately!), this ball passes the tooth test!

I think I'm going to buy a box and check them out more thoroughly, for $20 a box these may be the steal of the year.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Archived