TESTERS WANTED! ×

Krank Element Delivery or lack thereof

KB McCool

I hate to make my first post a negative post but nonetheless here goes...

On 12/24/12 I ordered two new Krank Element Drivers. I was told that (after paying in advance) that my delivery would be 4 to 6 weeks. I called the first of January to make sure this was still the case on delivery and was assured that this was true. I called the last week of January and was told the between the first and second week of Feb. I would see my new drivers. I decided I would sell my perfectly good Rocketballz Tour Drivers on Ebay and they went fast. I called the first week of Feb and they said that they should be in as forecast in second week. I called the beginning of last week and was told they had a problem with the Chinese 15 day holiday which was causing a delay but they would send them out last Friday and that they would email me a tracking number when shipped on Friday. I called Krank up today and they said that they were out of the shafts that were to go on my two drivers and they thought they would be in this Thursday??????? I said that I sold my drivers two weeks ago and was golfing without a driver??? I asked them again "how realistic is it that they would ship me my driver this week?" And they suggested I might see them towards the end of next week.. This more than put me in a bad mood. I must say that the thing that upsets me most of all this is that Krank has been less than forthright and honest in their communication to me on this whole matter.. One thing I expect is a straightforward and honest answer to my delivery and or projection of delivery on these drivers.. I wonder if anyone else has had this problem?

I mentioned this briefly in your introduction thread. I talked to Lance Reeder over the phone for a "fitting" to decide what loft and shaft I would get. (Which has worked out pretty well btw) He said it would ship the next day. I got a tracking number in an email. It never showed it was picked up on their end. A week later I called and they looked around and found it still sitting there. Why? I have no idea. Someone dropped the ball I guess. But, they over-nighted it when I brought it to their attention. So, they took care of me.

I thought they told me the Element would be shipping in March when they were offering it to me. I didn't expect to start hearing about people getting them until then.

I considered the Element. I liked the smaller look of the Rage though. Performance-wise, it would be great to see both in the upcoming driver testing. I bet they will only have the Element though.

KB, firstly welcome to the forum. That's a real bummer about your experience thus far, but I'm hopeful for you that Krank takes the opportunity to do right by you. It might be worth posting something on the thread that Krank started about the Element - link HERE. Vinny's email address is in there as well, so might pay to flick him an email directly.

Hopefully you get lots of opportunities to contribute here, and (fingers crossed) are able to share an overall positive Krank customer experience.

All the best

Brad

KRANK have dropped the ball in regards to customer service lately. Still waiting on items ordered last November. (Shirts & hats)

I have also cancelled my order for the Element and as I used PAYPAL to pay for it I have a received a full refund.

Lost me as a customer

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

KRANK have dropped the ball in regards to customer service lately. Still waiting on items ordered last November. (Shirts & hats)

I have also cancelled my order for the Element and as I used PAYPAL to pay for it I have a received a full refund.

Lost me as a customer

AJ

Wow! I thought they were on it after getting a response on their thread! Not good!

You might want to try getting a hold of them on their thread here. http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/7754-element-launch-and-mgs/ I forgot they said it would be late Jan. and early Feb. the Element would start shipping in that thread. AJ and I both had a response from them there. I'm really surprised they still didn't take care of AJ. That doesn't sound good.

I agree it sucks but what can a man do?

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

AJ I am looking into why yours did not go through as of yet from here. I checked tracking number and stated it was initiated but not shipped out. I will email you from my personal email again.

McCool, I responded to a thread with your post in there and will apologize again here on behalf of Krank Golf. Please email me direct, vinny@krankgolf.com

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Krank Golf,

I am curious if you are going to be doing anything in regards to this experience. I ordered a driver on 12/14 and paid in full on that day. I was told the club would ship in 4-6 weeks. It has now been 10 weeks and I still do not have a club or a date as to when the club may even be shipped. I scheduled a golf trip that I got to go on without a driver. Sold mine because when I was scheduled to leave I should have had no problem receiving my new driver. I say my new driver, since I have already paid for it. I have sent multiple emails and have not even received the benefit of a reply. All I ask is for an honest answer. I have another trip sceduled in 2 week and would love to have a driver for it. Is this possible?

Driver:         Taylormade SIM 8^  Shaft: Evolution III 6X

3 Wood:      Titleist  TSi3 13.5^   Shaft:  Project X Smoke Black RDX 6.5

2 Hybrid:     Callaway Mavrik Pro  Shaft: Project X EvenFlow Black 85X

3/5 Hybrid: Titleist 816 H2            Shaft: Mitsubishi Diamana Whiteboard 85X

Irons:           Taylormade P790      Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S (6-PW)

50 Degree: Taylormade P770       Shaft: UST Recoil 110 S

55/60:        Cleveland RTX Zipcore    Shaft: DG Spinner Tour Issue

Putter:        Bettinardi MK Armlock

Chal,

Again I do apologize for this long long delay in us getting out orders. Our first issue was getting heads from Foundry, got those and now Fujikura put us on another long hold with not getting us the shaft orders we put in. Once we get them in we will start two day airing orders out as we have all in stock once shafts are in. If you paid for two day air we are overnight shipping them out to you. Also, we will be throwing in our new Krank Golf Team caps to all orders that have gone over the 6 week mark as again we did not nor have any intentions in this long delay. What we tell guys when they order is was we anticipate on from factories.

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Krank golf,

appreciate the response. thank you. i just ordered the head, no shaft. but the head was a lower loft, 6.5. will this get out sooner?

Lol, no not at all. I generate a lot of spin and very high launch. My last driver was a Titleist 910 7.5 that I had set at 6.75 and still launched at about 15. Just tryin to get that down. Hoping a true 6.5 will help.

I've seen 1 or two folks commenting on how they sold their drivers before getting a new one. I gotta ask. . .who does that?! Especially when waiting on a new release that is scheduled for several weeks down the road? While I do think Krank's communication with it's customers has been atrocious bordering on incompetent, I gotta say it really is not their problem or their fault that a customer sold a club. Anyone who's familiar with new product launches in the golf world would be more reasonable to assume a delay than to expect things to happen on time, imo. I just can't imagine putting myself in a position to not have a driver for a "big golf trip" or even several weeks of play. Things like this just aren't Krank's problem imo, although it is probably pretty difficult for them to say so diplomatically!

That being said, Krank should have made life easier on themselves and built some delay into their projections, and once it became apparent that the delay was inevitable, they should have been contacting all customers with their newest best projections on delivery, again giving themselves a cushion each time if things did not go according to (new) plans.

Seems to me that the one thing I haven't seen is any complaints about the products Krank has delivered. It's sad to see a company shoot themselves in the foot so badly based not on product quality but on just flat out terrible customer service. I hope they find a way through this.

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Not Krank's problem that I sold my club. I did it to maximize the amount I was going to get for the club I had. With every company coming out with a new club, if I waited until now I really doubt I would have got the same price. What I expect is an realistic expectation on when the club is going to be delivered. If they said right up front that it would be 12-15 weeks I would have no issues. If they would have answered emails and said anything I would have no issues. If they said anything different when I called besides it will be 2 weeks over an over I would not have any issues. But none of that happened and that is the problem. Not that I sold a club..

Chal, I just got into office and will get in touch with Foundries to see when they will get here as they have been shipped to us already.

Tyk,

Based on our talks and communications and trip to Foundries before these were started, everything was set and started before we left which was a good sign for us. When we talked to the shaft maker about shafts and met it was set in stone to be here by a certain day. Normally are launches are longer, and not this short in dates, but we anticipated this gong as we planned and laid it out. If it were like all our others launched it would have been on time at 12 weeks.

I wanted to say thank you to the customers that are being patient with us and allowing us to get through this. You will not be disappointed with this club head.

Again any comments or questions, please email me direct, vinny@krankgolf.com

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Krank Golf,

Thank you for the response. Very much looking forward to receiving the club.

I've seen 1 or two folks commenting on how they sold their drivers before getting a new one. I gotta ask. . .who does that?! Especially when waiting on a new release that is scheduled for several weeks down the road? While I do think Krank's communication with it's customers has been atrocious bordering on incompetent, I gotta say it really is not their problem or their fault that a customer sold a club. Anyone who's familiar with new product launches in the golf world would be more reasonable to assume a delay than to expect things to happen on time, imo. I just can't imagine putting myself in a position to not have a driver for a "big golf trip" or even several weeks of play. Things like this just aren't Krank's problem imo, although it is probably pretty difficult for them to say so diplomatically!

That being said, Krank should have made life easier on themselves and built some delay into their projections, and once it became apparent that the delay was inevitable, they should have been contacting all customers with their newest best projections on delivery, again giving themselves a cushion each time if things did not go according to (new) plans.

Seems to me that the one thing I haven't seen is any complaints about the products Krank has delivered. It's sad to see a company shoot themselves in the foot so badly based not on product quality but on just flat out terrible customer service. I hope they find a way through this.

In response to why I sold my drivers.............. they specifically told me I would have them at such a time........why not sell the clubs?? I took them at their word.. and that is simply why I sold them.. plus I could use the money... not filthy rich that I can have 4 drivers setting around... I find my actions and reactions more than appropo considering everything I was promised!

Krank Golf,

Is there any word on if the Low lofts will be in this week and shipped out. Thanks for any feedback.

AJ I am looking into why yours did not go through as of yet from here. I checked tracking number and stated it was initiated but not shipped out. I will email you from my personal email again.

McCool, I responded to a thread with your post in there and will apologize again here on behalf of Krank Golf. Please email me direct, vinny@krankgolf.com

Vince

Still no delivery and no contact from you since this post. Please refund me the money for the outstanding items through my paypal account.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Vince

Still no delivery and no contact from you since this post. Please refund me the money for the outstanding items through my paypal account.

AJ

Wow AJ! How disappointing! I feel for you. I'm happy with the Rage I got. Too bad you can't say the same. Don't like hearing ongoing issues like yours are still not getting resolved. At this point, they should give you a refund and send you the stuff anyway, even the driver!

Wow AJ! How disappointing! I feel for you. I'm happy with the Rage I got. Too bad you can't say the same. Don't like hearing ongoing issues like yours are still not getting resolved. At this point, they should give you a refund and send you the stuff anyway, even the driver!

Cheers mate, appreciate the comment. As far as the Rage is concerned, I received that last year without any issues and is a great driver. Hence my eagerness to get my hands on the Element.

Never mind, water under the bridge and my Covert arrives tomorrow.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

Quick update, missing items from my order last year arrived today. Also Vince replied to my email.

Unfortuneately too little too late to change my position on KRANK and I for one will not be purchasing from them ever again. Just my personal choice.

AJ

WITB

"Go Hard or Go Home"

I wanted to thank the people at Krank for getting me my two drivers that I ordered.. I understand the problems that they encountered via the lack of delivery with the shafts.. I asked them to send my the drivers with Aldila shafts and they did ................. they look great.... and now we are getting a ice/snow storm in so I can't try them out until this weekend ----- I hope.. They did communicate with me and their delivery was as they stated on the second go around.. Nice looking drivers.. thanks,

What loft did you order? I am still being told the exact same thing that I have been told for the past month. The clubs will ship this weekend and be there on tuesday or wed of next week.

What loft did you order? I am still being told the exact same thing that I have been told for the past month. The clubs will ship this weekend and be there on tuesday or wed of next week.

They were 9 degree drivers..... the hold up might be due to the lack of response from Fuji shafts not being delivered on correct dates... so I told them to send the drivers with aldila... they were reg tour and firm tour aldila in lieu of fuji

Just to give an update, to you all out there, still nothing on shafts from Shaft maker. NOT GOOD on our part….I got some out, MCKOOL got his but on Aldila shafts which he said was ok. So again once they come in we can play catch up BIG TIME and get these orders out. I appreciate any and all feedback as this has to be an open convo on our end. Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

HaHa, Bro, I was thinkin the same thing when I was signing on then I read your question & I LMAO cuz like I said, WTF?

Then, it hit me. Someone who needed the dollars from the sale of their present clubs would be in this situation, so I may not have answered the question for you however I understand if the guy needs the dollars. They've worked for em and definitely deserve better.

I do not own a Krank driver, however I have read the thread out front along with the comments here, and it appears that Vince has made a sincere effort to stay in touch and communicate the current situation.

That being said, there are three points that I would direct to Krank Golf. There is no need to respond to my post, don't waste your time with me, save it for the guys on this and other pages who have laid down hard earned dollars for your product.

These points are:

1) ALWAYS, and I mean ALWAYS, not part of the time, not most of the time and not just when the sh*ts hit the fan(like now <_ tell the truth and it in a timely matter. what do i mean by manner after you know process make necessary adjustments internally get on horn computer or whatever means neccessary to communicate situation your customers. be realistic. if supplier tells weeks but kow from experience that t gonna don customer weeks. em exactly cutomer told you.>

"They said 6-8 weeks, though it's been our experience that historcally it's closer to 10 weeks." Tell them that you'll keep em in the loop and they'll know anything that you know until they recieve their club. And ask them if they can hang with you. This takes Character. This takes balls. And you may lose some, though they'll leave you with a much better taste in their mouth than the guys on this page that are or have jumped ship. And these guys probably ain't comin back. If you're honest, timely and "in front of it," there's a very good chance that you'll get a call in the future when they're ready for their next driver.

My rule for myself and my company is that I call the customer before they call me. Because I know. Just like you knew. And if ya tell me that you didn't know about this back shipping backlog, my first statement is that ya shoulda know, followed by "why didn't you know?" If it's because of an employee, get rid of em. Seriousy. You can't faford these kinds of mistakes. You can't afford mediocre or less. You can't afford to look like an amateur. And that's what this reaks of.

And Krank can't be that big. When I had an Orthopedic distributorship, I walked around. Through marketing, Through finance. Through medical education. I drove out to my warehouse and went through shipping/recieving. I realize that this is not an option because you are International, however I'd be livin on the phone. Not the computer. Not through e-mails, Eithr in person or on the phone. This is the sene of urgrncy that you should be conveying, to both your employees and your customers.

2) Stay in front of the situation. ACT versus REACT. I sorta mentioned this above, however it part & parcel with the truth & the TIMELY TRUTH. WD, AJ and womever else had to reach out to Krank, well, that never should have happened. I mean, ehat the hell? And remember, there is no excuse. I mean, if you know it's gonna be 4 months, tell whomever it's gonna be 4 months. Give em a choice. And afterward, regardless of their answer, and ya don't mention this to them, did ya hear me, ya don't mention this, ya just do it. Ya send em a hat ot t-shirt with a hand written short not apologizing & either thankin em for hangin in there with ya, or if not, that ya hope that they'll reconsider Krank on their next purchase.

And for Heaven's sake, don't say "Here's a hat/shirt for your inconvenience." Again, that's amateurish & car salesmany. Just include it with the note. And if you or someone tells me that that costs money, well Dude, how much do ya think that this fiasco had cost you? And what sux, at least for Krank that is, is how do you measure the costs of the negative comments in this & I would venture other threads? You know the stats. When someone has a good experience, they tell 2.5 people. When they have a negative experience, they tell 7.7 people!

3)Competence- It soundds like the left hand doesn't know what the right hand i doin. If it's a process, fix it. NOW. TODAY.

If it's an individual, and they've been properly trained, fire em, Seriously. Fire their ass. Do you realize the food that their incompetence is taking out of yours and other employees' mouths? And if they weren't properly trained, fire their supervisor's ass. And I'm dead serious. I mean, I read that someone ordered a hat/t-shirt like 2-3 months ago? I mean Dude, What the hell? That's just pure incompetence. Some years ago I was court appointed President/COO(a Ch 11 turnaround), and something similar happened. Now I don't know what your revenue is, though this was a $14.2 million dollar international company, and they had great products(surgical supplies/instrumentation) and overseas suppliers and you could basically substitute their name for Krank because they had the same issues.

I started with five VPs, three of em line, and I got rid of two of em following our second meeting. I waited one month to observe and try to mend fences and I promised the customers what I've laid out on this page and though we lost a few (actually only 2 permantly), they appreciated me coming to them inatead of them having to come to me.

How di ya think that McCool, AJ & WD woulda reacted if youda handled the situation like this. Called them. And remember, don't gimme this bullsh*t that ya didn't know.

IT'S YOUR JOB TO KNOW!

ANd I'll tell ya Vince, I ike your style in these threads. I mean, I like your content. BUt that said, they're only words. And right about now, it seems that they're ringin pretty hollow.

However, ya gott great product, you seem like a good guy.

Get in front of the ball, my Man, get in front of this thing!

My Best,

Richard

Fiarwys & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Plus One doesn't really seem to cut it on this occasion, but +1. I think at this point, while there are some members that are actually involved in the transactions taking place, there are also quite a few more (myself included) who are looking to see how the rest of this story plays out from this point on.

I like my Rage Black, but this just sucks. I sure hope they don't bail out of the driver testing. I hope they send the Rage and Element for that matter. This has gotten to the point it may be hard to recover from. Who wants to hear a bunch of great things about the driver then have to hear how you may pay for one, but no telling when you'll get it, and oh, by the way, they won't let you know what's going on. It may be sitting ready to ship, but no one bothers to give it to Fedex. They have some serious damage control to do. I like the driver I got from them, but I won't be willing to buy from them again at this point unless something drastic changes.

They should refund half the money back to people who have been waiting and give them some free stuff besides. If they do something dramatic to make up for it, maybe people will be excited to brag about them and they can recover from this baloney.