TESTERS WANTED! ×

TaylorMade Club Testers Wanted!

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any chance of winging them bad boys out to the uk? He'll I'd even pay the postage, actually should check the cost of that before making rash statements....

11 handicap I game a Nike Dymo Square 13 degree with ust stiff graphite.

I keep 1 to 2 hybrids in the bag depending on the course and conditions.

Nickent 3DX red with stiff graphite 3Hy is 20 degrees and the 4Hy is 23 degrees. Yes these are old but man are they dead nuts good hybrids. Compact head, can hit good shots from most any lies. The 4Hy goes in and out versus my Callaway Diable edge tour 4 iron.

I will make this rewiew best-IER by professionally and objectively analyzing and comparing these to my current Hybrids and 3 Wood side by side at the range, on the launch monitor and on the course. I believe strongly in a scientific and representative sample to use for an honest side by side comparison.

OMG! IER!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

To Enter Tell Us:

• Your handicap
  • What fairway wood(s) are in your bag right now
  • What hybrid(s) are in your bag right now

GHIN: 3.2

Fairway: 16.5* Tour Edge Exotics CB3

Hybrid: 19.0* Tour Edge Exotics CB2

I play a 4wood because I'm ballz-ier then the rest of the posters ;)

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Hi,

I have DBeachys permission for the resub.

I game a TMaG RBZ 3FM & an Adams Pro Gold 23* hybrid

I should be selected cuz Im tech-ier, smart-ier & will provide a much rosier review

For you passive aggressive jerk offs with too much time on your hands, you can go screw-ier yourselves ;-)

DBeachy

Ok, it's me, I'm back. Well, that's it.

Take care guys

Fairways & Greens 4ever

we do need to stop this could be classified as bullying.ier.....

we do need to stop this could be classified as bullying.ier.....

Agree people may start thinking we are WRX IER!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Also getting funn-ier :)

Wait that's an actual word I think you ment funnier-IER

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

You-ier all-ier know-ier who-ier you-ier are-ier. Got-ier stop-ier right-ier now-ier before-ier I-ier take-ier some-ier action-ier!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

You-ier all-ier know-ier who-ier you-ier are-ier. Got-ier stop-ier right-ier now-ier before-ier I-ier take-ier some-ier action-ier!

Go a head big boy, bring it on-IER.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Ok this is page 2 of nonsense IER!!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

Ok. Enough fun. Bring it back on topic while there's still a topic to come back to.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

You'll have to excuse me, however I'm one of the denser members in the forum, are you talking to me?

Fairways & Greens 4ever

actually it was just a joke as everyone keeps posting IER after every freaking word!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I am regretfully removing myself from consideration. Just got a look at what is in store for me over the next couple of months with a house I'm rehabbing and I'll be lucky if I can even find time to play let alone put in the hours to work through a review up to the readers standards here. Maybe next time around-ier.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Agreed. while the majority of us want to test the new goodies. The "benefit" of testing is keeping the clubs I wouldn't be opposed to the send back for move reviews option. Problem being not everyone is honest and it should be viewed as a contract but getting it in writting...the legal issues would be a nightmare I presume. with high priced, highly sought after products it is always a damned if you do damned if you don't situaiton. There is a hell of alot of work the talented and valued reviewers put into this and that is greatly compensated with the benefit of keeping the club(s). the opposite to that is when select members who have produced great product reviews get picked and others cry and moan. Again damend if you do damned if you don't.

However there is always room to make processes better.

You can ask T, when I got the opportunity to review the Carnahan wedges, I tested them in completely stock form. I reviewed them as such as well. Then I asked him if I needed to send them back or if they were mine to keep (had zero issues with whatever they told me). When he said I got to keep them, I did some major work on the 56* and 60* so that they would fit me and I could give a more thorough review of them as something that fit me properly and were like what I was used to (because I felt in the interest if fairness after being told they were mine, that I should give them a true shot to unseat my wedges I was using by adjusting the grinds and as such, also personalizing them). Now they're in my bag as a result. But, if MGS would've wanted to pass them along to someone else, I'd have had zero problem doing so (as I've been here since the forum started). That's just the way I am.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

You can ask T, when I got the opportunity to review the Carnahan wedges, I tested them in completely stock form. I reviewed them as such as well. Then I asked him if I needed to send them back or if they were mine to keep (had zero issues with whatever they told me). When he said I got to keep them, I did some major work on the 56* and 60* so that they would fit me and I could give a more thorough review of them as something that fit me properly and were like what I was used to (because I felt in the interest if fairness after being told they were mine, that I should give them a true shot to unseat my wedges I was using by adjusting the grinds and as such, also personalizing them). Now they're in my bag as a result. But, if MGS would've wanted to pass them along to someone else, I'd have had zero problem doing so (as I've been here since the forum started). That's just the way I am.

Hear ya Rook!

I actually never upgraded mine that I tested because they were non conforming. Took them out f the bag right then and there. I am more than happy to send them to anyone here to give them a run if they want. none of my comments were directed at any of the members which have reviewed (especially to your thoroughness..is that a word). I was just making a comment that not everyone has these qualities and I beleive MGS does their due diligence when selecting people to then be randomly selected or however it goes. (i.e. someone coming out of the woodwork for their first post here to test product is most likely looking to grab and go) not dsicounting all the newbies (still a newbie myself) but there has to be some line in the sand.

I was fortunate to be one of those in the carnahan selection and even had a chance to get the swingprofile app. I have the 30-30 workout but my knee has set me back and I actually told chris when i was selceted that if he wanted to give the opportuinty to someone else since I was having my knee scoped I wouldn't be offended but he sent me the stuff and gave me guidlines to follow so I didn't reinjure myself. Some people are just good peeps then you have the other side. I fell like crap that I haven't reviewed the 30-30 yet but I am swinging again and looking to get back in the gym this weekend so i plan to have a review and have an answer for chris on his product soon enough.

THAT ALL BEING SAID IT IS AN HONOR TO GET CHOSEN NOT A ENTITLEMENT. DO THE WORK IF YOU ARE SELECTED ;) also not directed at you rook!!!

By sheer luck I originally joined this site for the reviews but after reading someof the member forum stuff I had to take part now its and everyday thing.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL