Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

TaylorMade Club Testers Wanted!

Tony Covey MGS

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SPY VIP

I am regretfully removing myself from consideration. Just got a look at what is in store for me over the next couple of months with a house I'm rehabbing and I'll be lucky if I can even find time to play let alone put in the hours to work through a review up to the readers standards here. Maybe next time around-ier.

Classy move. Mad respect for this.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Let's see - sorry to hear about that Artful Dodger I hope the project turns out and I'll vouch for Rookie - he's a man of his word through and through - I consider it an honor to call him a friend.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Let's see - sorry to hear about that Artful Dodger I hope the project turns out and I'll vouch for Rookie - he's a man of his word through and through - I consider it an honor to call him a friend.

Not as sorry as I'm going to be. I think all my greens fees for the next few months are going to be lining my contractor's pockets. Lol.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

My handicap: testosterone-ier & ego-ier. The number: 20

The fairway wood in my bag right now is a 2012 RocketBallz 15 deg. with regular Matrix X-Con 5 shaft and midsize Golf Pride Tour Velvet grip. I have a stiff Fubuki Tour shaft on its way, and it will be tipped, installed, cut to 42.5" and swingweighted to D4 as soon as it arrives.

My hybrids are Gigagolf GXz 3 & 4 (20 & 23 degree) with stiff UST HDX 80 shafts and midsize Golf Pride Tour Velvet grips.

I will write a review that is relevant-ier to MGS members.

LOL-ier!

My bad! Ier!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

I also need to take myself out of the running this time around, as I've been on sick leave from work following surgery and was planning on retiring at the end of July, which I thought would give me plenty of time to spend testing both indoors with a launch monitor to start, then outside when it's wet and muddy early in the season and then really have most of the season up here free for basically, living at the golf course :lol:

After returning to work today and discussing everything with my boss, I'm going to hang on until mid-September so we can complete some projects and get our work study fully up to speed before I go, since there's probably going to be another vacancy coming up in the next couple of months. Been there a long time and it gives me some extra cash reserves leading up to my daughter's wedding this Fall and works out better for the rest of the folks on my team at work. Win-Win :D

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Did I inadvertently come across as questioning RB? I'm so confused. If so I deeply apologize as that would never have been my intention. If it wasn't me could somebody please tell me what is goin on?

Oh no - I wasn't saying anyone wrote anything bad about Rookie I was just taking an opportunity to give him somes props - We have some history on another site - he's always been my go to equipment guy and I thought I'd jump on the opportunity to weigh in on his post with a resounding yes.

Sorry guys - didn't mean to give the impression that anyone had said anything negative about him. My bad - ier.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Rev you're gonna give a guy a complex. You had me a little worried since it was a direct reply to my post where the vouching took place. Lol. Sorry we kinda took this round off topic-ier.

This thread has been de-railed-ier.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Handicap: 15

Current Fairway Wood: Taylormade R11s 15.5 degrees, but it's adjustable so I can alter it to fit the specs of the RBZ Stage 2. Stock Aldila RIP Phenom Reg.

Current Hybrid(s): Taylormade RBZ 19* Stock RBZ shaft Reg. And Callaway Razr 24* Stock Callway Reg.

Thanks Taylormade and MyGolfSpy fir this opportunity!

Just wanted to update that I have spoken to Mike at GolfMD and he has agreed to let me use his TrackMan for any MGS projects should I be chosen to participate! They're great guys over there, if you're anywhere near the KC area, you gotta go check them out!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

Testers have been selected. The initial post has been updated.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Congrats to:

JGolf

WDGOLF

Mr_Theoo

Rickles

Super Tuna

Congrats guys! Great group of guys IER!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Thanks. This is a huge honor and privaliage

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Well this is amazing! I am passed psyched! It's hard to type right now, but believe me when I say that I will test and review these clubs to the fullest extent. I hope I live up to expectations.

And, as a teaser... I hit a stock version of the 3 wood yesterday, and from what little I could tell from the few shots these clubs are legit. I look forward to fully testing them!

Thank you mgs and tm for this amazing opportunity.

~Jay

Congratulations guys! Well done, and great to see a few newer guys piping up in here as well. I'll definitely be interested in the reviews coming out of this thread - and don't forget to get pimpin' your photos as well! MBP started a thread HERE on Picmonkey - a free online photo editor, so there really is no excuse not to wow us with your photos!

Brad

Congrats guys. Can't wait to see all your thoughts start rolling in.

Congratulations guys! Well done, and great to see a few newer guys piping up in here as well. I'll definitely be interested in the reviews coming out of this thread - and don't forget to get pimpin' your photos as well! MBP started a thread HERE on Picmonkey - a free online photo editor, so there really is no excuse not to wow us with your photos!

Brad

I'm gonna be a bit cheeky here and take advantage of the fact that MBP is a stand up gent... If any of our new reviewers (JGolf, WDGOLF, Mr_Theoo, Rickles, SuperTuna) need some guidance or assistance with the graphic design elements of their reviews, I'm sure that Dan won't mind giving you some help. I love looking at the end product, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he actually likes creating it).

I'm sure Dan'll tell me to 'shove it' if my offer on his behalf is out of place! lol.

Very cool! Can't wait to see the reviews!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

• SPY VIP

I'm gonna be a bit cheeky here and take advantage of the fact that MBP is a stand up gent... If any of our new reviewers (JGolf, WDGOLF, Mr_Theoo, Rickles, SuperTuna) need some guidance or assistance with the graphic design elements of their reviews, I'm sure that Dan won't mind giving you some help. I love looking at the end product, but I have a sneaky suspicion that he actually likes creating it).

I'm sure Dan'll tell me to 'shove it' if my offer on his behalf is out of place! lol.

I'd be all over this. Hit me up for anything.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

Congrats to all the reviewers! Looking forward to following your experience.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I honestly can't believe I was selected, thank you! This is going to be very interesting to see if TM's claims prove true for the 3 wood. Also, the 910h is going to be hard to beat. I'm very excited to be doing this.

Guys, MBP and JBones set a very high bar for us. As has RB7, fsav, and nicsherman with the Carnahan wedge reviews. Also to those picked, don't forget to click the donate button :).

To all the above, please let us know what you would have done different and what you'd like to see.

Thanks again, can't wait!