Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Review - nexbelt

GolfSpy Tim

NexBelt

"no one likes stretched out holes" - GolfSpy Matt

nexbelt.jpg

Introduction:

I think Matt nailed this one on the head. Stretched holes are something none of us like - but really, what's the alternative? The alternative is a ratcheting system utilized by nexbelt to save you 4 SECONDS!!!

I agree, the idea of saving 4 seconds is something I really don't care about when buying a belt, but they had to find something to market, so I won't pick on them for this. Ultimately, this is the more convenient and "better" belt if you're looking for something new to buy.

nexbelt-1.jpg

How's it work?

I'm a bit slow (I probably should have ridden a shorter bus to school) - so when I received my belts it took me a minute to realize I needed to cut my belt to size - the great thing is, the belt comes pre-marked for where to cut depending on your measurements. A quick snip and I was in business.

nexbelt-10.jpg

nexbelt-9.jpg

The next thing I noticed didn't come until a couple of hours later (those who know me will understand this story better) - When I have to poop, I have little to no warning, and it's a thing of the utmost priority to drop trowel and get to business. So the first time this happened while wearing the nexbelt, I nearly crapped my pants. Turns out, there's a sneaky little release lever on the bottom of the belt - and when rushing to get your pants off and slapping at the buckle your first time, it may take a minute before you figure this one out.

nexbelt-8.jpg

Once you've figured out the quick release and cutting the belt to size, you should be pretty set. Just slide the belt in, you'll hear it begin to ratchet into place, and once you've tightened it to your liking, you're done. Simply squeeze the release trigger to take your belt off before crapping your pants.

Do we love it?

I half expected the rest of the guys on the team to tell me they thought this thing was a gimmick - but everyone who tried the belt told me it is their go-to belt when heading out the door in a rush (

)

GolfSpy Frank says, "I wear mine all of the time when I go out. It's pretty sexy" - and Dave says "I like the custom fit when you tighten it, though it is a bit on the heavy side."

The ball marker inside seems to be a forgotten idea - who has time to remember they have a ball maker shoved in their belt? The only time I remember it is when I knock the belt against something and the marker falls out.

nexbelt-2.jpg

In the end, all four spies who tried these belts out said they like the belts and regularly wear them as a go-to item in their wardrobe - and for a bunch of guys who already have belts, that's saying something.

nexbelt-6.jpg

Conclusion:

We all love our NexBelts and we think you will too.

My advice, make me proud, go loud, and get a X-factor or Heritage belt.

These belts are built to last, they adjust like no other belt you've ever worn, and you have the chance to make me proud.

nexbelt-4.jpg

nexbelt-5.jpg

Oh, and if you want more solid advice - NEVER buy Trade Joes IPA - instead, treat yourself to some jeager:

nexbelt-11.jpg

nexbelt-12.jpg

I have a few of these belts...and they're far and away the most comfortable belts I've ever worn. It's all about the 1/4" adjustments of the ratcheting system on the back...no matter what size your waist is that day..whether you lost or gained a little weight...they fit perfectly every time!

That's awesome, now tell em to make it a little fatter and add some bling and I'd buy it!

No but really, it's really nice!

Actually I checked out their website (www.NexBelt.com) and they do have a Women's line...and it's all blinged out like you asked for. Check these out!

blocks_image_2_1.png

Actually I checked out their website (www.NexBelt.com) and they do have a Women's line...and it's all blinged out like you asked for. Check these out!

Sweet, that's exactly what I was thinking! Thanks for the heads up! Hey Dan-o I may end up with a couple of these soon, if they ship to Canada .

We carry them in shop I have the X factor and mrs McGolf has the bling belt. Big boys ( like me) no worries the make them in xl!

Driver - 44.5" 5.0 flex 10.5 deg Graphite Design XC 6S GP MCC4+ 1 deg closed

Irons - 5-pw, GW stnd length 5.0 flex same grip 1 deg flat. Type low medium offset cavity back, no diggers

Wedges - 56 and 60 tour grind wedge spinner and mcc4+ grip 2 flat 10 and 8 in bounce

Putter - Makefield VS LH

Ball - truvis

Carried in a Sun Mountain C-130 USA bag - BE PROUD.

HC - LH but 85 is a good number, playing in Ohio.

I picked one up myself at the PGA Show. It is my new go to belt (if I'm wearing a black one). Love it.

Using a random assortment of generic stuff with last gen Golfsmith Snake Eyes forged irons. 

Archived