Our Sponsors

BK, how long have you been using your SCORs? I know that initially I wasn't playing the V Sole correctly and had to re-read some of the information on their website before I realized I was trying to adjust the sole the same way I was used to with my Cleveland and Vokey wedges. Once "I got it" and started swinging the SCOR correctly, I started getting precision like I've never had before.

My spin rates, distance and dispersion were better than any other wedge I own.

After a few more days of practicing with them, I talked with JB after work one night and discussed how best to complete my wedge setup and realized the initial adjustment period is not uncommon for anyone unfamiliar with how the V Sole works.

Granted, I really can't take full advantage of the V Sole, or get fully adjusted to it, until we get some golfing weather in a few more weeks when I can "go nuts" using them outside, but with the time I've had to work with them and compare the results against other wedges using the GC2, I've already decided to complete my setup with them.

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

As an FYI that's a huge gap between wedges - 46 to 52 - you're likely to have a yardage issue there that you don't want in that part of the bag - If you go with the 52 I'd strongly recommend weakening the 46 a degree or 2 - maybe weaken the 46 two degrees and your 9 iron a degree to smooth out your yardage gaps - you really don't want more than 5 degrees between clubs and if you're a longer player (higher swing speed) it would be better if it were 4 degrees.

I don't necessarily agree with that, I have played six degree wedge gaps for a long time and have had success with it. I am very comfortable with partial shots and have found that adding a fourth wedge doesn't positively impact my scores.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

Alright, I've been doing some thinking on this wedge purchase. If I were to consider Mizuno MPT4's, I don't see a lot of bounce options. I am still more than likely going with 4 wedges. Again, my PW is 46*.

In the MPT4 line the 50* is 6* bounce. the 54* is 9* bounce. The 58* is 10*. Keeping a 4* gap between clubs, the bounce between the 54* and the 58* doesn't seem right. Does the soul grind on the Mizzys have something to do with it? I really don't want to spend a chunk of change like this on something that isn't going to work for me.

Ha BK, I have the 42* as well! Wish SCOR made a whole iron set!

LOL.....ya.....I'd definitely grab an 8 iron if they made one. I'm finding I like some cavity in the 5-6-7 irons though!

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE OF GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.6 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, JULY 2020
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B RXS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

LOL.....ya.....I'd definitely grab an 8 iron if they made one. I'm finding I like some cavity in the 5-6-7 irons though!

I think the 8 Iron on my favorite set is 45*, more or less. But it's a very old set. :)

Shambles

The lofts have gotten so ridiculous now that Lee Trevino will have to claim "even God can't hit a 3 iron" :lol:

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

Alright, I've been doing some thinking on this wedge purchase. If I were to consider Mizuno MPT4's, I don't see a lot of bounce options. I am still more than likely going with 4 wedges. Again, my PW is 46*.

In the MPT4 line the 50* is 6* bounce. the 54* is 9* bounce. The 58* is 10*. Keeping a 4* gap between clubs, the bounce between the 54* and the 58* doesn't seem right. Does the soul grind on the Mizzys have something to do with it? I really don't want to spend a chunk of change like this on something that isn't going to work for me.

Wilson Staff FG Tour TC wedges... nuff said. The tour grind is excellent for versatility. The grooves are beyond grabby. The feel is soft.

http://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/fg-tour-tc-wedge/100235007112.jsp

http://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/fg-tour-tc-wedge/100235007111.jsp

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

The lofts have gotten so ridiculous now that Lee Trevino will have to claim "even God can't hit a 3 iron" :lol:

On the opposite end of the spectrum, have you seen the conforming 73* high lob wedge option that's out there from Feel?

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

A lot of people will give you their personal opinions on wedges and not really have logic behind it, the key here is to go with what YOU WANT TO PLAY and are conferable with.

The MP T-11 is a lot better of a wedge then the T-4 IMHO. You will have a lot of restrictions with the Mizuno Wedges as you don't get the shear number of bounce options that Vokey has to offer.

If you were to go with Mizuno wedges and go with the 4* gaps you'd need this:

50-06, 54-09 (a little light on the bounce IMHO), 60-08 bent 2* strong = 58-06 OR 60-05 bent 2* strong = 58-03 roughly

I think that you are going to find it a little bit harder to play bunker shots with the 54* in the Mizuno line but you can adjust if you are used to a 10* or 11* bounce wedge it's not that much different.

Honestly, Vokey offers the most bounce and loft options, Cleveland would be right behind them so that is a major reason people are drawn to these OEMs wedges the VARIETY of options to get EXACTLY what you need.

KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" (2" Bore Depth) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Stiff

Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")

Srixon Z U45 19.0* @ 39.75" w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 MB 3-P @ 38.75" - 35.25" (0.25" under), 60.5* - 64.0* (0.5* upright), 22* - 48* (1* weak) w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 54-12 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 60-10 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Lamkin UTX Wrap, Including Grip Core: 1/32 over (top hand), 1/16 over (bottom hand)

Srixon Z-Star

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)