Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Softspikes.

I've never given much thought to what goes on my shoes.After reading this I think I might look into these.

Softspikes Captures PGA Tour's Arnold Palmer Invitational For 2nd Straight Year

72% of plastic cleat field, including 4 of the top 5 finishers, wore Softspikes at Bay Hill; winner of the Nationwide Tour's Chitimacha Louisiana Open also donned Softspikes

BRENTWOOD, Tenn., March 29, 2010 ... For the second straight year, Softspikes®, the world's best-selling golf cleat brand and #1 Cleat on TOUR, captured the plastic cleat field at the PGA TOUR's Arnold Palmer Invitational at Bay Hill, as 72% of the plastic cleat wearing field, including 4 of the top 5 finishers, wore Softspikes' stable of products, according to the Independent Darrell Survey.

In other Tour news, the winner and 32 of the top 38 finishers at the Nationwide Tour's Chitimacha Louisiana Open, all wore Softspikes cleats. In addition, 24 of the top 38 finishers at the LPGA Tour's Kia Classic also wore Softspikes cleats including Pulsar®, the #1 Cleat on TOUR, and Black Widow® Tour™, golf's first adjustable cleat.

I have a box of the Black Widow Tour spikes that will go into one of my pairs of shoes when it is time to change them.

Ping G410 Plus Oban Kiyoshi Tour Limited
Ping G410 LST 3 Wood Oban Tour Prototype V430
Titleist U500 3 & 4 Oban Kiyoshi Purple Tour Reserve
Titleist 620 MB 5-9 Oban CT 125
Titleist Vokey 47* Oban CT 125, 51*, 55*, and 59* Shimada Tour Wedge Black
Bettinardi Studio Stock SS28

I use the Pulsar myself. I've never tried the Black Widow Tours, but I wasn't a fan of the normal Black Widows, and I don't think I see myself adjusting the spikes or seeing any difference before and after adjustment, so I think I'll stick with the Pulsars.

Archived