TESTERS WANTED! ×

Is It wrong to sell Master's tickets?

Rickles

I got random drawn for Monday practice round tickets for the Masters. I got 4 tickets. They came in the mail today. I am having a bit of a dillema. I love my job, but I don't make a lot of money. My Dad and I are going and I need money to get to Augusta from Texas so I was thinking about selling the other two. However, I also see all the things on the tickets and on the Masters' website that says don't scalp them. It also says that if you get caught you can lose the oportunity to ever get tickets again. However, I also see them on stub hub for $300 a ticket. Also it is illegal to scalp in Georgia but not in Texas. What should I do and don't say give them to me for free?

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I'd say sell 2 at face value to buddies, use the money to fund your plane tickets and split all the other costs between the four of you and have a heck of a time...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

It is NOT illegal to scalp tickets in Georgia, you have to be 500 feet from the venue in order to resell tickets (which is why you'll see people on Washington Rd and such selling them just outside of 500 feet from the property).

I say they're your tickets and sell the pair if you want to. A few tips, though? Don't include the ticket numbers in ANY of the pictures and don't include your name or address in ANY of the pictures(for your protection and the protection of your tickets. Protects you from being deactivated and protects your tickets from being counterfeited). They monitor this all the time and if they can find out who you are, they will deactivate the tickets. I've been going to Augusta for years (will be there Tuesday at the least, and may go other days as well). I already have my Tuesday tickets in hand. Will people frown on you for selling them? Likely, but they're your tickets and as long as you don't make it where you're identifiable, you'll get the chance again to purchase them again.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I would say as long as the tickets are sold for face value, the wearer of the Green Jackets should be too rankled with you. If you do decide to sell, I'd remove all identifying marks if you are listing them on a website somewhere. Now, if you were selling a Green Jacket.... that would be another story!!!!!

Using a random assortment of generic stuff with last gen Golfsmith Snake Eyes forged irons. 

This!

Rookie tells ya the law if you're gonna do it there, however if ya can follow John's advice, you'll have the money in hand to fund your fun.

WHatever your decision, enjoy.

It is a priceless experience.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Selling them for face value won't get him on a plane lol. They're $50 at face value. If you want them gone at face value, let me know ill take them and go to multiple practice days (I'm going Tuesday).

If you want them gone quick, list the pair on eBay at $700 and they'll go in 10 minutes or less. I sold a pair for Tuesday recently for more than that. It's funding the rental for the short bus/van for all the buddies that are going and I'm buying all the alcohol for the ride down and at the event with that money.

In The Bag

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'll be straight up. Ebaying them scares me. Even if you hide all the info it still seems like with just a little detective work people could figure out who I was. I don't want to get barred from ever going again my first time getting tickets.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Selling them for face value won't get him on a plane lol. They're $50 at face value. If you want them gone at face value, let me know ill take them and go to multiple practice days (I'm going Tuesday).

Well, I didn't say it would get him a good plane.... huh.gif

Agree with Richard -- Rookie knows the lay of the land...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

If you want them gone quick, list the pair on eBay at $700 and they'll go in 10 minutes or less.

Holy crap! What do Sunday tickets go for?

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

Holy crap! What do Sunday tickets go for?

Last time I was there on Sunday (Phil's last W). I watched a man outside the gates on Washington Rd pay $4,500 for a single ticket. Sunday is probably the day I hate going the most. Event is fine in and of itself. Problem is leaving. Took us over 3 hours.... To get out of the parking lot.

In The Bag

Archived