Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

REVIEW!- Zensah Compression Socks

Flv02

Zensah Compression Socks

An Official MyGolfSpy Review

88A7C0ED-F347-4F01-8AEB-223335137EEA-2554-0000021115850AFC_zpsa0ed03f0.jpg

Introduction

We all get older. We're not proud about it, but it happens. As we get older, body parts start to hurt. Activities become harder, and that includes the things you love. If you are reading this review, chances are that the “things you love” probably includes golf. As we age, golf starts to give us aches and pains, and we reach the point where even the walk of golf kills our legs, especially if you are not on the course every week. Zensah, a leader in compression technology sportswear, can provide relief from that. Their products are used in running, tennis, biking, and other sports on a professional level, and now, they are cracking into the golf market.

A41F29B5-61AB-4D25-B26C-6DEAE0B1F324-2554-00000211184C8AAB_zpsf254ae1c.jpg

The Socks

Like I said, Zensah's socks, and all of their other products, are used on a professional level. Obviously if they are used at such a level, they work. These socks are designed to do four things.

• Decreased Leg Fatigue

• Increase Circulation

• Help Legs Feel Energized

• Keep Your Legs Fresh for 18 Holes

How does a sock do this? Zensah incorporates graduated compression into their socks, provide arch support to the foot, and input padding for the heel and toes. Combine that with moisture wicking fabric to keep the socks dry and silver ions for thermal regulation and you have one technologically advanced pair of socks. The combination of their design and technology allows them to achieve those goals.

4BE5C52B-C659-4616-A61A-453F57E2E7C0-2554-000002112E4E20DB_zps9f0930ed.jpg

To reach the golf market, they have introduced a new argyle collection that would look good when you are fully in golf attire. Combine that with the normal colors and you have over 14 options to choose from.

8530-zoom-Black-Turquoise-Green-Apple_zps2247e474.jpg

Do They Work?

I will admit, I was skeptical going into this review. I had no clue whether a pair of socks would actually be able to work like Zensah said they would. Unfortunately, I have not been able to play golf due to the massive amounts of snow that I keep getting hit with. So, I put these socks through two different tests. First, I walked, and I walked for a long time. I did this for a couple of days with the socks, and then I put them through a tougher test: two basketball tournaments. I put them and on and played three full length basketball games throughout day one, and two full length games throughout day two. Now, I do not have tools at my disposal that will read the fatigue in my legs and tell me the difference, BUT, what I do have is knowledge of my body. I know how my legs have felt in the past and I compared that to what I would feel after activities with the socks on. Boy, did they work. In complete honesty, I did not even have that much trouble getting out of bed the next day after playing three full length basketball games. Did I mention that they look good too? I was unfortunately not sent any argyle ones, but the black and pink ones looked great, and they looked exactly like they were pictured on the website. Judging from that, the argyle socks that would be perfect for golf would also look perfect with your golf attire.

Value

This is where things get a little bit trickier with the socks. Yes, they work, but they also have a $49.99 price tag on them. This is when, as a reviewer, I have trouble giving advice to the readers. Don't get me wrong, they are the best pair of socks you will have, but there also other things that you can buy for fifty dollars to improve your golf game. So, here is the advice I am going to give. If you constantly deal with aches and pains in your legs and you have the money, then go ahead and buy them. They will help and you will not be disappointed. It is also worth the $49.99 if you play more than golf. If you are going to use them for golf, running, basketball, bike riding, then go ahead and buy a pair. Just be prepared to wash them often because you will not want to use any other sock to exercise with after wearing them.

4F443B9E-5545-41E2-97EC-B636A97BB899-2554-00000212AAED768A_zps4f8db5bb.jpg

Conclusion

The Zensah Compression Socks are definitely well made. They will help relieve the stress that golf and any other sport has on your legs. Although a little bit pricey for a single pair of socks, if you meet the criteria I mentioned above, then it is definitely worth the fifty dollars. You definitely get what you pay for, and that is one hell of a pair of socks. I know that I love my pairs, and I will continue to use them for all of my activities. I am even bringing them to start my golf season in Myrtle Beach this week!

Inside My Blue Callaway Warbird X Golf Stand Bag:

Driver:Nike SQ 10.5* with Graphite Design Y6+

3W:Cobra S2 14*

4W: Nike SQ Dymo 17*

3H and 4H: Taylormade Rescue 19* and 22*

5H: Cleveland Mashie 23*

6H: Adams a3os Hollow-Back

7Iron-Sand Wedge:Callaway X-20 Series with Callaway Steel

Lob Wedge (60*):Cleveland CG-12 Black Pearl with Cleveland TRaction Steel Wedge Flex

Putter: Odyssey Versa #9

Golfball: Callaway Hex Black Tour

Great subject...

FWIW, I have been a pretty hardcore cyclist for close to 30 years, and have been running pretty seriously for the last year. Compression is the real deal, and it's not just for your legs.

Golf is a sport that engages alot of the body. There is no reason not to take advantage of compression gear, and on a cool morning, it can help staying warm too :).

I love the Zensah stuff, though I prefer the sleeves to the socks, however, for the cooler months of the year, I am a huge advocate of full compression tights (CW-X is my 1st choice). The added warmth is a benefit, but my knees aren't what they were. The compression around the knees and thighs reduces fatigue, and probably most important speeds recovery. In addition, for lower back muscles, compression tops have similar benefits, and you can get them with or without sleeves.

As for the value proposition, good compression gear isn't cheap, but, the immediate benefits, not only during, but after a round are probably well worth it. I know they are for me.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Your local drugstore, and many supermarkets that also have pharmacies, generally carry support hose type of stockings that fit like socks. They are used for various reasons, such as to prevent swelling in the lower extremities, or to increase venous return for people with poor circulation.

They can be purchased in different sizes/lengths/heights, so one can find them in a size that will fit perfectly, and they are worn underneath your regular socks, as they are very thin (they look like pantyhose type material, except they compress more). They even come in different levels of compression, so you can test different types.

The best part: They aren't going to cost you fifty dollars, or anywhere near that amount.

They can be purchased and worn under your regular socks. The thickness difference will be negligible, so your shoes will still fit well, and you'll save a ton of money.

As a retired physician, I sometimes had patients who came to the office to be fitted for these types of items, but that was before they were widely available in stores, as they are today.

If you have questions, ask the pharmacist. They may not be well informed on the subject, but they can at least point you in the right direction, so you can try them for yourself.

You may have to try a couple of different sizes or compression levels in order to find the right fit, but once you do, you'll have an easier and cheaper way to use compression to enhance your walking.

I'd recommend this before splurging on a $50 pair of socks.

Your local drugstore, and many supermarkets that also have pharmacies, generally carry support hose type of stockings that fit like socks. They are used for various reasons, such as to prevent swelling in the lower extremities, or to increase venous return for people with poor circulation.

They can be purchased in different sizes/lengths/heights, so one can find them in a size that will fit perfectly, and they are worn underneath your regular socks, as they are very thin (they look like pantyhose type material, except they compress more). They even come in different levels of compression, so you can test different types.

The best part: They aren't going to cost you fifty dollars, or anywhere near that amount.

They can be purchased and worn under your regular socks. The thickness difference will be negligible, so your shoes will still fit well, and you'll save a ton of money.

As a retired physician, I sometimes had patients who came to the office to be fitted for these types of items, but that was before they were widely available in stores, as they are today.

If you have questions, ask the pharmacist. They may not be well informed on the subject, but they can at least point you in the right direction, so you can try them for yourself.

You may have to try a couple of different sizes or compression levels in order to find the right fit, but once you do, you'll have an easier and cheaper way to use compression to enhance your walking.

This is good information and a good suggestion-however...compression socks available for medical purposes often do not have an appealing look to be worn on course, or anywhere in public for that matter when wearing shorts.

Posted Image

• 6 years later...
On 3/12/2013 at 2:04 PM, Joe Golfer said:

Your local drugstore, and many supermarkets that also have pharmacies, generally carry support hose type of compression stockings that fit like socks. They are used for various reasons, such as to prevent swelling in the lower extremities, or to increase venous return for people with poor circulation.

Not sure if the compression socks I know are the same as what you described. I have been using compression socks for about a year. It is similar in thickness to other ordinary socks and will not be thinner. In addition, compression socks do not require $ 50, usually a pair of good quality socks can be bought for about $ 10. Physix Gear, Laite Hebe are making such things, they are not expensive.