TESTERS WANTED! ×

MBP swing analysis and help thread

Tomorrow will be takeaway and weight shift accompanied by a front on video

I would worry about the weight shift mostly in the down swing and the face on video.

Backswing at the top (roughly) ~ 20% (front) - 80% (back)

>> you look pretty good here, right knee keeps it's flex weight looks to be inside right foot.

Forward swing right at the start ~ 70 to 80% inside left foot right off the start.

>> It should feel like the inside of your left thigh muscle is pulling and contracting to get the weight to the left. Nothing else needs to be working at all until the weight is firmly left side.

Once the weight is left then fire the hips, shoulders, arms in that order.

Impact position is most important and I think the bigger issues are in the downswing. But if you want to work on the takeaway as well give me a Face On and a new DTL when you feel that you got the motions correctly.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

• SPY VIP

Forward swing right at the start ~ 70 to 80% inside left foot right off the start.

>> It should feel like the inside of your left thigh muscle is pulling and contracting to get the weight to the left. Nothing else needs to be working at all until the weight is firmly left side.

Once the weight is left then fire the hips, shoulders, arms in that order.

Just swinging a club in the office here I can instantly feel the difference applying this thought. Whether or not everything is falling into place correctly has yet to be seen.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

The way Tiger explains how he addresses the ball, starting at about the 6:30 mark is me to a tee. That would be my exact definition of a "feel" player; not just feeling how far to swing for a certain distance, but just feeling what your body is telling you to do in general. Now, if I can just get the damn swing down.

• SPY VIP

Dude, I've always given ya credit for havin stones, however, to state with the conviction, confidence & certainty of the above statement that your swing mirrors possibly the greatest golfer to ever drop out of a woman's womb, well, this goes beyond stones, at least those normally found on a human male.

All I can say is, YOUDA MAN!!

B)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

That's what the putter says.

tpa_new_back_db.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP

I was able to find a really old video of Tiger and Butch on Golf Channel talking about Tigers swing, has some good information in there for those of us that are in a hybrid plane.

Tiger Woods & Butch Harmon (2 of 7)

https://www.youtube....h?v=PplQjd6ZP88

This is old and I was sort of shocked to find it still lingering out on YT.

I watched all 7 seven of them and the best tip I liked was the drill Butch had Tiger do to stop his hips firing through too fast. The one where he gets him to stop at the top of the back swing and then drop his hands in front of him. Great drill to get the feeling right.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Looks like things are coming along nicely.

However, all this adjustment better not screw up you're short game good sir. That part of your game should not be touched.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

• 2 weeks later...

I have been slacking here lately, my apologizes have been working on somethings in my own game. How is is going MBP, I know we have bounced a few PMs back and fourth figured I would get an update in your thread.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived