Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Solus Wedge request from Bernhard Langer.

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Bernhard likes the leading edge about 1/2 shaft behind the hosel. In other words the off-set will move the leading edge back the width of 1/2 of the shaft tip. This puts the leading edge in the off-set position. What we call on-set basically means the leading edge is in line with the ball side of the hosel when you look down on the club in the playing position.

Here are a few shots of the process it takes to do this. I was very pleased to find that the hosel has sufficient length to accept the adjustments and the head material is pliable enough to take the stretching necessary to make this adjustment without breakage.

From SolusGolf

offset-wedge-2.jpg

offset-wedge-1.jpg

#TruthDigest

It's different thats for sure. I could see where this set up may be helpful to a high handicap player looking for a classic wedge look with a small amount of offset.

Titleist 905R 9.5* w/ RIP Beta 60x

Adams 4060 16* w/ Matrix F7M2s

Maltby KE4 Tour 19* w/ AXE Xcaliber Tour Hybrid TS

Adams CB1 3-PW w/ KBS Tour S Hardstepped 1x

Scratch 8620 DS TNC grind 53* & DS EGG grind 58* w/ Dynamic Gold S300

Ping Redwood D66 w/ KBS Tour Black Nickel

• SPY VIP

I guess some low handicappers like it too...well at least Bernhard Langer.

It's different thats for sure. I could see where this set up may be helpful to a high handicap player looking for a classic wedge look with a small amount of offset.

#TruthDigest

I have a 'Punch' wedge, I'll see if I can get some pictures, that has a similar offset to this I believe

Great wedge, will spin the Cover off the ball!!

Wow...I thought I was the only one that had some of those wedges -- much less even heard of them.

This is a similar design, but not as radical, as that F2 infomercial wedge. Or am I completely confused? :blink:

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

This is a similar design, but not as radical, as that F2 infomercial wedge. Or am I completely confused? :blink:

I know (at least from a forum) several guys that have used those and spoke very well of the F2's.

Archived