Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Nickent Tour Series Putter w/ Adjustable Sole Weights

Damon

Last night I went to Dick's Sporting Goods to hit the new Nickent F26 hybrid. While there I noticed a Nickent Tour Series Omen putter with adjustable sole weights. It is model #3, a face balanced semi mallet, 35*. There is a full face milled insert (aluminum maybe?), and comes with a nice white Golf Pride Players Wrap grip. The head is black with the back part of the mallet white with a black alignment stripe.

What is interesting is that there are adjustable sole weights. They are 10g each. The salesperson could not locate additional weights to swap out with these. I bought the putter but he is calling Nickent today to understand if the putter should come with weights, a tool to change them out, etc. I assume so but it isn't clear. I'm not sure if I will keep this putter if the additional weights and tool aren't included.

The putter is nicely weighted at 35", and really helps me make a straight back thru stroke. It is easy to align, and the insert has a soft but solid feel.

Has anyone seen or heard of this putter? I searched google and couldn't find anything. This is not the putter on the Nickent site, it doesn't have any "3D" alignment aids.

Driver: Callaway Optiforce 440 9.5* with Diamama Blue S+ 62g Stiff shaft

3 and 5 wood: Callaway Big Bertha with Fubuki Z65 Stiff

Hybrid: Wilson FG Tour 4 hybrid

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

Wedges: 51*, 55* and 58* SCORE with Genius Stiff

Thanks for the feedback. I got a call back from the salesperson this morning. The putter is supposed to come with weights and a wrench - he is tracking down for me. I am guessing that these are the new Nickent putter releases coming out this year, and I just happened to buy the first one that was sent to the store.

It is a very solid feeling putter, I can't wait to try it out on the course. I'm making everything in the living room!

I'll post some pics when I get a chance.

Irons: 5 iron: Cleveland Altitude Stiff; 6 -PW Callaway Apex Pro, KBS Tour-V Stff

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Thanks for searching; I found that too. I think those were last year's model putters. The one I bought is very traditional in style/look. There is not one picture out there on the web right now. I will snap one later and post, and have the first out there!

That's good to hear, I look forward to seeing it. I really don't care for the look of that putter I linked, kind of cheap looking. Nickent has made some really good looking stuff in the past, I thought the Arc Blades looked fantastic, never hit them though.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Here are some pics:

Headcover:

8571422333_c8fc33e0bc_c.jpg

Putter from above:

8572520862_6c284d9a1a_c.jpg

Bottom of Putter: you can see the adjustable weights (which I still don't have...):

8571428401_99457a5558_c.jpg

Face (not sure materials, you can see the milling). It feels very solid, and can tell when you don't hit the sweet spot.

8572523688_3bc303df3b_c.jpg

Back of Putter:

8571434801_cece49188b_c.jpg

Grip: (I really like this grip, maybe this is why I like the putter!):

8571431047_074fef9ed1_c.jpg

I'm not a fan of the graphics on the bottom but it looks good at address, nice find

Thanks - I agree on the sole graphics. I need to look more closely, the insert might not be milled but cast/formed that way. But I just hit a few putts on the carpet and it does have a nice solid feel. And it is nicely weighted. I have a similar look Odyssey Black Tour putter with the Tungsten weights. That putter does not feel anywhere near as nicely balanced or solid as this one. Ultimate test of course will be out on the course.

I like it! Thanks ddelise........I will def check it out.....very clean looks at address.

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I don't think either Dick's in town has these yet. I bought this one from the Dick's in Bradenton. But I'd be interested in your thoughts once you have a chance to check them out.

ddelise, did you get to hit the new Nickent F26 hybrid?

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

ddelise, did you get to hit the new Nickent F26 hybrid?

Yes, I posted my thoughts in the F26 Hybrid thread. Overall I liked it. I didn't get to play with the adjustability enough. It produced some very high ball speeds, and felt solid. I think this will be a great hybrid to pick up when it goes on closeout in a couple of months :D

• 2 weeks later...

I also just found this diamond in the rough. I got the blade style. Tour series 2. I tried looking this up online and found nothing except for this site.

The feel on this putter is immaculate. I feel that the weight of the head allows for such a smooth take back and it is easy to hit straight.

I got mine at Golf Galaxy in Buffalo, NY. They claim that they do not have a tool nor adjustable weights. Let me know if Dicks ever gets back to you about getting that set up to you.

-Alexx

I also just found this diamond in the rough. I got the blade style. Tour series 2. I tried looking this up online and found nothing except for this site.

The feel on this putter is immaculate. I feel that the weight of the head allows for such a smooth take back and it is easy to hit straight.

I got mine at Golf Galaxy in Buffalo, NY. They claim that they do not have a tool nor adjustable weights. Let me know if Dicks ever gets back to you about getting that set up to you.

-Alexx

It's a nice putter, isn't it?

The Dick's never got back to me with the wrench and weights, so I returned the putter. I will buy again once they get everything in stock. I just found Golf Galaxy posted info on the putters on their site:

http://www.golfgalaxy.com/Nickent-Mens-OMEN-Tour-Series-3-Putter/W13NKTOMENTS3/Product

The face insert is 304 Stainless, which is what I think is contributing to the nice solid feel.

Enjoy your putter!

• 2 months later...

Has anyone seen the "1B" model of this Nickent putter? It is an anser style head with a double bend shaft. The local GG had four of these marked as "demo" and paired up with the different Super Stroke grips. This 1B model with the 2.0 grip felt amazing. I didn't see any of these 1B models for sale in the store. So now I am trying to find one for sale. Anyone seen this model?

• 4 months later...

Yep - I bought one of these last night.

I initially started this thread, but returned the semi-mallet putter I bought because the Dick's could not supply me with the weights and tool.

Then last night I stumbled across this putter.  It is $50 more expensive than the "regular" version.  The head weight is 400 - 410g, about 50 - 70g heavier than the regular version.  Also, the putter head is larger - definitely longer, not sure about taller.

I definitely like the counterbalance of the Secret grip.  I normally play my putters at 33", but bought this one at 35".  So I am choking down on it like Odyssey/TaylorMade say to do so with their Tank/Spyder counterbalanced putters.

But what is most interesting is that this putter has slight heel hang, not face balanced or toe hang.  This for me really promotes a fluid straight back/through stroke.  It seems to swing itself.  I'm excited to take this one out to the course soon.

Quick update from first round in the books.

• I used a Maxfl U4 ball, and a Pro V1.  
  • I played on greens with subtle breaks, and they ran about 10 on the Stimp.
  • 35 putts, not very good on the surface.
  • I missed 5 4-5 footers.  Of those, 1 was a bad stroke (pull).  The other 4 I hit the putt where I wanted, just read it wrong.
  • I made a 20 footer, a 6 footer for birdie, a 12 footer for birdie, and a 20 footer from off the green.
  • My lag putting from say inside 30 feet was good, normally to 2-3 feet.  A couple I ran to 4 feet.  From outside of 30 feet, I lagged them to 4-5 feet each time.  I was happy with those putts.  Would have been happier to make the comebacker each time...
  • The putter very much swings itself, but you do need a firm grip with the left hand due to the weight (400g head, 120g+ grip).
  • The finish already has a nick, which is annoying.  It seems like the finish is painted on, not really plated or bonded to the head.
  • The putter cover doesn't fit 100% because the head is much larger than the standard putter.
  • The putter is easy to line up.  The white alignment aid helps frame the ball nicely.
  • The feel is very soft, surprisingly soft.  I am not used to that, but think I like it.

Bottom line - I like the putter and will keep it in the bag a few more times.  I rotate putters out often, but I enjoy putting with this one.  

Archived