Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Confessions of a Mrs. Manbearpig

Mrs.Manbearpig

So every now and then I thought I would come in here and drop some of my confessions on you guys..... easy boys (and girls, if you're out there), don't get too excited. ;) Here goes.....

First Confession: Hooky

Yesterday I sat at my desk, listening to the seconds tick away as my deadline to complete my task grew nearer. This morning was particularly difficult to motivate myself to work, as I have a large window facing in front of me and on this beautiful sunny day, our North Shore mountains were clearly visible. In Vancouver, you kinda gotta jump on the opportunity to golf when it's sunny. Unfortunately, I'm stuck at work BLAH! <_>

I noticed a message in my FB tab from a friend and took a break from work to check it. What started as an expression of wanting to play golf because of the weather forecasted for the weekend, became a brilliant plan to play that day!

Motivation to get things done! Booked tee time for a 9 hole close by. I quickly finished up some stuff at work, hopped in my car, zipped home, grabbed my clubs, shoes, change of clothes, zipped back to work, and plotted my escape. I got my opportunity to escape and slid out of there super stealth style. B)

Got to the course in amazing time (this is dangerous, only 10 mins away). Adam was already there (paid for us both, Thanks Adam!). Quick wardrobe change and on the course. There was a cold wind but it was sunny, gorgeous, and I was on the course with good company, so who cares! Also got a chance to try out the Garmin range finder watch too, for the first time.

After the round I gave Dan a call and asked if he was ready to leave work. He asked where I was, as he tried to reach me several times at work with no success. I giggled as I told him I played a little hooky, ducked out of work early to play golf.

"What? Really?!" :lol:

I think he was quite proud .... and maybe a little jealous :P

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dan said you started a thread, so I came to see. Clever title! But first, Down Rick, down! It's not what you're thinking! :lol:

Geez, that's too cool. I don't even play hooky from work. No way I could get away with it if I tried. Yea Dan was proud of you! You did good! Just don't talk about it on fb! Might be the last time you pull that off. Haha!

Been tryin to get my wife interested in golf, but it ain't happening. I'll have to tell her your story. Something tells me that still won't spark her interest though. Oh well.

You'll have to keep this thread going with all your latest exploits! Now go make sure Dan's not cheating on his diet. :P He really likes the carrot juice!

Wow! I've got a bit of cabin fever myself- what was the temp today up there?!?!?

Er... about 43 degrees F (6 Celsius) on average. Spring doesn't hit here until supposedly Wednesday. It was around the same yesterday but not factoring in the wind chill. :blink:

I became self employed in 1997. I decided then that I was going to golf one afternoon per week. By 2005 I had played golf exactly 3 times during the week. My partner at the time and I were talking about how we had said we wer going to play but never made time to go.

We decided that starting the next week we would have two work weeks per week. Mon-Wed noon. And Thurs-Fri. The strangest things happened. We became more productive because we did not put things off until later because we had specific plans.

This worked pretty well until around 2009 when we were no longer partners. I quickly fell out of that habit but then did start playing on Friday afternoons.

November of 2011, after having spent nearly every waking hour for 80+ days sitting at a desk, my back which had troubled me for years became severe. The doctors recommended many things but I was specifically supposed to get out and walk and exercise. I knew there was just one activity that I would do on a daily basis. So I began to golf. I was not suppose to carry the clubs or even walk long distances but to and from the cart would be perfect. So I began playing at 3:00 everyday.

Last year I did this 350 days. There were some snow days and some travel days that I skipped golf. Of course the side effect is that I dropped 10'strokes on my handicap.

Recently I have been able to spend most days in the course but I think that is about to come to a halt. I am told that the others have caught up with there part and we can move on so my golfing time will become more limited. By it has been fun while it lasted.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I think the acceptable term is a "Mental Health Day."

It's 3 degrees in Minnesota on this first day of Spring, so today is "Jealous of Nidine Day" in the Gopher State...

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I think the acceptable term is a "Mental Health Day."

It's 3 degrees in Minnesota on this first day of Spring, so today is "Jealous of Nidine Day" in the Gopher State...

We're at a balmy 30*. Luckily it snowed and then rained again last night, so everything is under a 4" sheet of ice.

I'm not bitter...

Great post Mrs. MBP,

As I read through your adventure, my mind started wandering & wondering when I could do the same......a little hooky to hit the links.

However, I just completed a 54 hole weekend (St Patrick's Day Tourney) and my workload is building........my try at Hooky will have to wait.......

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

I try not to play golf if its below 50* outside! Golfers are a crazy bunch! If its below 60* I'll be inside a cart cover with a heater!

I'm happy to play if it's over 40*...unfortunately there has to be visible grass first.

Wear some thermal underwear/long shirts, works like a charm.

Anything over 50 is shorts weather. Under 50 is sweater weather. Under 40 is play fast weather...

What's in the bag:

Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I play unless there is snow. Cannot putt in snow. Tried it. But when the wind is higher than the temperature at least this year I have not stayed long. I only played 7 holes. It was sunny but 20* with 20+ mph winds and I did not particularly enjoy it so 7 holes and back home.

Sorry, dirty old man here, and this thread failed to delivery on what was promised in the title!!!

Grats on the sneak out and playing!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

You could say that she has now confessed to an afternoon quickie with the wine salesman. That is enough to get her stoned in some cultures. And real rocks. Not stoned in a good way.

If the first confession is hooky -- what's the second confession?

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Jealous, I go of my medical restriction this weekend but there's supposed to be MORE SNOW... :angry:

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I live in Texas now and one of the reasons is golf all year. However, I used to live outside Washington, D.C. and I can remember playing in January on a half day when we needed winter coats and gloves on both hands. It was below freezing and we tried to pick it because the ground was so hard it hurt your wrists really bad if you hit down on it.

As far as playing hooky, what I love best about my job is that my boss generally doesn't care about keeping certain office hours as long as you get your work done. I sometimes play in the morning or afternoon and work extra other days.

That being said, Golf is awesome, it might be my third favorite thing on earth, behind worship and my wife, but it ain't worth losing a job over. I wouldn't make hooky a regular practice.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Second Confession: Sunday Fun day

Getting excited about being the only woman in a foursome on Sunday, HEY YO! ;)

That is all.

Goes without saying I suppose. smile.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

That is all.

How ironic - I get excited about being the only man in a foursome, Sunday or not...wink.gif

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

That is all.

And no candy or a van was needed

:lol:

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

Third Confession: Stroked the right way

Dan picked me up from work yesterday and casually asked if I would like to go putting. I could always use the practice so I replied "sure", mentioning to him we would need to go home and get my putter. He said it was already in the trunk.... this was already planned.

Side story: Dan's been complaining to me that my putter grip is twisted and it's time to let it go. Okay, after defensively saying it wasn't that bad, I'll admit it was a little bit. However, I was more opposed to changing it because, I've seen him change his grips so many times because he was unhappy with the change, I kind of wanted to avoid that because I liked the feel of my putter grip. Last time I went to play he dropped his method putter in my bag and said to see if I could get used to the grip (I can adapt pretty well, but UGH that CS putter drove me nuts!).

Back to the story:

We got to Fraserview Golf Course and he pulled out my putter and my jaw dropped.

"What happened to my grip?!" <_>

He had the day off today, so I can only assume he went to visit his buddy Brad at Golf Town and got my grip swapped out. Grrrr! Needless to say I was a little concerned all my feeling would be gone. I should trust him a little more I suppose but it was my club, so I was like a momma bear protecting my baby.

After puttering around on the green for about 20 mins, we decided to leave as it was a bit cold. I sat in the car a little quiet, and changing topics away from golf, but I was actually secretly thinking....

"I like it. It felt good. Huh!" :o B)

Thanks Dan-o

SuperStrokea.jpg

Archived