Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

RBZ Stage 2 Fairway and Hybrid Forum Member Reviews!

GolfSpy WD

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice pics, WD, the clubs look alright too. :D

One thing I noticed in your pics and I've also noticed on my R1 is that it looks like there is a dent where the hosel forms into the head. It must be accentuated by the flat white, because I have never noticed this on any of my other clubs.

Very nice pics, WD, the clubs look alright too. :D

One thing I noticed in your pics and I've also noticed on my R1 is that it looks like there is a dent where the hosel forms into the head. It must be accentuated by the flat white, because I have never noticed this on any of my other clubs.

That may be from the "low profile" design. I hadn't noticed, but you're right, it does look a bit dented.

Looks great WD, did you end up finding the tips for the hybrids?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

If those stupid girls had not been in the way of the sand and sky it really would have been nice pictures.:lol:

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

I know right! It was impossible to find a picture of a tropical paradise without her though. I looked through a lot of pictures, trust me!

Thanks for "Taking one for the team".

Thx man!

Ask and you shall receive! A friend who was in Calgary sent this to me

IMG-20130321-WA0005.jpg

Sorry for the quality

Oh I want! 3 fingers neat. Thanks.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Now that's a bottle of Scotch!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Really - can I have a swig? :lol:

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

WD- You are the man! Those pictures were sweet! The info was comprehensive and it was funny. Couldn't you have taken it a little easier on the rest of us. I thought I did a good job and now you made me feel like a slacker. Oh well, better for the readers, because I'm gonna try to keep up in the actual review. Amazing Job!

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

WD- You are the man! Those pictures were sweet! The info was comprehensive and it was funny. Couldn't you have taken it a little easier on the rest of us. I thought I did a good job and now you made me feel like a slacker. Oh well, better for the readers, because I'm gonna try to keep up in the actual review. Amazing Job!

Thx man, but don't pump up my overinflated ego too much :).

I still love the "God awful" reference from a pastor, classic :).

PHASE 1: Unboxing/Initial Impressions

However, there was no wrench included. Come on TM! I wasn't expecting to get two wrenches, but to not even send one. I figured they made a mistake, but after contacting the other guys I found out they didn't get one either. I later heard that retail stores also get no wrenches with their fairways and hybrids. Only the drivers come with a wrench. Even if this is the case, I thought TM would have sent us a wrench just to impress us. They have to see that every reviewer who gets a tour head will mention not including the wrench. To me it seems a little cheap, but I digress.

so do u need the wrench to change the loft adjustments? I just ordered the 16.5° tour and I assumed it was adjustable via the club itself?

Driver: Titleist TS2 11.5° set to 10.75°
Wood: Cobra F-Max Superlite 3W 16°
Hybrids:  Cobra F-Max Superlite 3 Hybrid 19° /
XXIO X 23° 26°
Irons: Callaway Rogue X 7-AW
Wedges: Cleveland CBX 52° Cleveland RTX-3 58°
Putter: EvnRoll ER2 33" 2° loft 385g Winn Pro X 1.18 grip
Ball: Titleist ProV1x 2019 - Yellow
GPS: Bushnell Tour V4 Slope
Stat Tracking Device: Game Golf Live

follow@golf93454

Good stuff! like the input and it sucks about the snow. Here are a couple things I would like you guys to try with both clubs. Tight lies if possible (mats at a range are fine), little hanger lies in the rough, and finally semi buried lies in 2 inch rough if you have it.

I don't have much rough in my neck of the woods yet since the grass is just starting to grow but the rbz (last year's model) didn't perform much at all out of it. the hybrids on hanger lies, albiet yes your in the rough, came out so damn hot I was choking down and flying greens even playing for a jumper. last years face with a smidge of grass in between created not only a flier but a darn catapult of sorts.

I haven't had much problem at all hitting the stage 2 off of tight lies but always love to hear others opinions. I think the shallow face and flatter bottow allow for more capability across the whole golf course

Good stuff! like the input and it sucks about the snow. Here are a couple things I would like you guys to try with both clubs. Tight lies if possible (mats at a range are fine), little hanger lies in the rough, and finally semi buried lies in 2 inch rough if you have it.

I don't have much rough in my neck of the woods yet since the grass is just starting to grow but the rbz (last year's model) didn't perform much at all out of it. the hybrids on hanger lies, albiet yes your in the rough, came out so damn hot I was choking down and flying greens even playing for a jumper. last years face with a smidge of grass in between created not only a flier but a darn catapult of sorts.

I haven't had much problem at all hitting the stage 2 off of tight lies but always love to hear others opinions. I think the shallow face and flatter bottow allow for more capability across the whole golf course

Not sure what the conditions will be like, but probably for a while the ground with be soggy around here with little grass, so this is something I'll have to report back on later in the season.

WD, I have to admit that your review so far is breast-ier than I expected. :lol:

And now that I think about it, your unboxing reveal really made me want more revealed . :rolleyes:

WD, I have to admit that your review so far is breast-ier than I expected. :lol:

And now that I think about it, your unboxing reveal really made me want more revealed . :rolleyes:

Oh just wait until the full review, I'll include pictures of the entire clubs, shafts and all!

That's what you meant right?

After looking at this I'd think that WD deserves a testers badge of some sort.

I feel like I'm playing with the last group against Tiger if ever I have to compete with him for a testing spot. :(

Great, great job by everyone but you've killed it here man.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

After looking at this I'd think that WD deserves a testers badge of some sort.

I feel like I'm playing with the last group against Tiger if ever I have to compete with him for a testing spot. :(

Great, great job by everyone but you've killed it here man.

I appreciate it rev, though I did have the unfair advantage of getting my clubs last (not counting Tuna since he still hasn't gotten his), and therefore posting last. IMO Rickles had the hardest time since he had all the pressure of going first, but had a great writeup. Theoo is doing this with the least amount experience as a golfer, which is going to be very relate-able to a lot of readers out there. JGolf had probably the best pictures of the bunch, as shown since he got his picked in the newsletter.

I can't wait to read the reviews from the boys and am also looking forward to the next set of reviews already.

So glad the weather is starting to cooporate so the real testing for these can begin.

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Have a little update of my own. last night went out and played a couple holes. I have the 3 w stage 2 adjusted strong to 13.5 degree fit with an accra AC 75 shaft cut to 41 inches. I had 200 into a 30 MPH wind last night at about 35*. played a little knockdown fade back into the breeze (in right to left) and this thing came out like a bullet maybe 20 - 30 feet in height penetrating and when it landed stopped 4 feet from the ball mark if you can call it that (more like a skid mark).

I find myself hitting this club more off the fairways on the par four/fives this winter when I have the tweener yardage (3W/3 hybrid) and it hasn't diappointed one bit. off the tee it has been quite plesant but since I just bagged the R1 I am using this more often than not. once the weather fully breaks and I am playing to specific yardages off the tee this will be a true test.

BTW...Mishits are excellent too even with the shallow face YES WE ALL MISHIT THE BALL SO WE NEED TO SPEAK TO THIS FACT

Have a little update of my own. last night went out and played a couple holes. I have the 3 w stage 2 adjusted strong to 13.5 degree fit with an accra AC 75 shaft cut to 41 inches. I had 200 into a 30 MPH wind last night at about 35*. played a little knockdown fade back into the breeze (in right to left) and this thing came out like a bullet maybe 20 - 30 feet in height penetrating and when it landed stopped 4 feet from the ball mark if you can call it that (more like a skid mark).

I find myself hitting this club more off the fairways on the par four/fives this winter when I have the tweener yardage (3W/3 hybrid) and it hasn't diappointed one bit. off the tee it has been quite plesant but since I just bagged the R1 I am using this more often than not. once the weather fully breaks and I am playing to specific yardages off the tee this will be a true test.

BTW...Mishits are excellent too even with the shallow face YES WE ALL MISHIT THE BALL SO WE NEED TO SPEAK TO THIS FACT

Thx for the update fsav. Chances look good for me to get 9 holes in on Friday, but the point you make is probably the thing I care about the most, hitting the fairway.

Archived