Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

La Gloria Cubana - Serie R

JBones

photo (1).JPG

The above pic was taken on my way to the golf course, where I enjoyed this smoke.

I'm not qualified enough, nor do I have a good enough palette to write a formal review of a cigar. I will however give you my thoughts on the cigar.

Appearance

I almost left this beauty in my humidor, just so I could look at it every night before going to bed. I loved everything about the look of this stick, from the simple classy band, to the dark Ecuadoran Sumatra wrapper. If you're like me, just seeing a beauty like this gets me just as excited as lighting it up.

The Experience

This stick had a very even burn and a very smooth plentiful draw. Again, my palette isn't great, but I can pick up on "woody" flavors. To me the taste was equivalent to a very fine bourbon; there were hints of spice and oak. Nothing about it was overpowering, just a great even taste. The aroma matched the rest of the cigar; it gave off a very pleasant scent.

Overall

This is definitely my favorite Full bodied smoke and may be one of my favorite smokes ever. It was smooth from the very beginning to the very end and I smoked it until it was too hot to hold any longer. Even if you aren't a fan of Full bodied cigars, give this a try it may change your mind.

Website

http://lagloriacubana.com/cigars/serie-r/

good review "J"....

These were good when they were first released, geez almost 10 years ago.....

I remember smoking a maddie #7 that damn near took me 2.5 hours to turn into ash. Great Stick for the course........

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

Great review JBones I have to give it a try.

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Nice. Always been a big La Gloria fan. Wonderful smokes.

PING i20 8.5*, TFC707D (S)
Callaway RAZR Fit 15*, neutral setting, stock shaft (S)
PING i20 20*, TFC707H (S)
Adams Pro a12 23*, Matrix Ozik Altus (S)
PING i20 5-PW, TT DG S300, 1.5* flat (purple dot)
SCOR 50*,54*,58*, Genius 12 KBS Tour (S), 1.5* flat, -1/4"
STX xForm 3, 35"

• 8 months later...

When is windy city going to get booted for just advertising and not contributing? Why don't you actually add some input on this fine cigar? If you are really a great cigar shop why don't you help us out by contributing to the cigar threads with recommendations and insights?

By the way, good review Jbones and I too like this cigar very much. Don't smoke much these days but when I did regularly a few years back these were in my rotation.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I agree Rickles, being a sponsor does give you a rite (I guess) to obliterate the forums with post, bit how about some "real" comments. Recommend some cigars or something.

As far as this "review", I have since become quite the cigar fan and my palette has become much more "in tune". The La Gloria Serie N is now my favorite.

Archived