Ok, I will try to take a new video or photo from the back when I'm with someone at the range.

I do have the basic thought of "dropping the club as if I have a table behind me" for 6-wedges and it's worked great, but I find it too steep for 3-5i, and woods.

so I'm pretty comfy with a range upto 185yds, since that's my 6i. Anything above that I miss the green most of the time.

But yes, I'll try to find someone to take a shot of my from the back.

Thanks for the infos, really learning a lot from you

Make sure the hands stay a little more behind your right thigh as they drop on all clubs but espesually the 5i up to Driver. If the hands get too over the top of the ball at cast point you are going to come in very steep / chop down on the ball.

It could be as simple as the hands working too far over top of the ball, creating a very steep feeling into impact. Feel like they drop straight down behind you then the arc into impact is a lot more shallow.

Hi, I uploaded a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWD3FAJv6jw

I used a 4 Hybrid... forgot my 3iron.

1. Flight = Straight and small fade at the top . (wanted to do a right to left ball flight, but didn't happen)

2. Distance carry: about 220yds

I think that my old habit of lifting up and not releasing is on the video too... 2 of the things I've had trouble with whenever I try swinging at my top speed =\

Hope you can help with some simple tips to start with.

Make sure the hands stay a little more behind your right thigh as they drop on all clubs but espesually the 5i up to Driver. If the hands get too over the top of the ball at cast point you are going to come in very steep / chop down on the ball.

It could be as simple as the hands working too far over top of the ball, creating a very steep feeling into impact. Feel like they drop straight down behind you then the arc into impact is a lot more shallow.

Wait, the butt of the club / Lag has to be on the right side of my right thigh and no more than that? I tend to keep my lag upto right behind the ball it feels like.

Hi, I uploaded a video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWD3FAJv6jwI used a 4 Hybrid... forgot my 3iron.1. Flight = Straight and small fade at the top . (wanted to do a right to left ball flight, but didn't happen)2. Distance carry: about 220ydsI think that my old habit of lifting up and not releasing is on the video too... 2 of the things I've had trouble with whenever I try swinging at my top speed =\Hope you can help with some simple tips to start with.

Your Swing looks two-plane to me which I suspected it to have some amount of lift in it based on what you had been saying before.

Downswing Sequence For a Two-plane swing:

Hips MUST laterally slide towards the target to counter the lift in the arms (hands feel like they drop straight down behind you in the first part of the swing)

Here is probably the best Two-plane player to look at Jack Nicklaus hitting some kind of iron from Face on (top backswing, left)(cast point in downswing, right)

jntopbs.png jnhandsdscp.png

Here is the video that I took the screen shots from, you can see after the right still shot that his right arm extends in each frame past that into impact.

The left hands is BEHIND the right thigh slightly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7NOcf23IR8

Wait, the butt of the club / Lag has to be on the right side of my right thigh and no more than that? I tend to keep my lag upto right behind the ball it feels like.

All I mean by that statement you have quoted is that most people get their hands over top of the ball before they start the cast of the club. Lag is only just holding the 90* angle between your lead arm and shaft at the top into the cast point. It doesn't mean to attempt to increase the wrist angle, it might look like it increases but it's normally camera playing tricks on your eyes. If you ever watch someone perform close up "magic" tricks (like card tricks) the theory is the the is smoother then the eye.

Some people tend to hold the 90* angle way to deep into their swings, I'll see the lead arm pretty much on top of the ball at the cast point. If that happens then you will see all sorts of issues in ball striking into impact. If the hands stop pulling then the club is flipped, if the hands do keep pulling you might end up driving the ball straight into the dirt topping it.

Thank you.

Could you please tell me what my other faults are as well as my assets from what you can see?

Also, how much of a lateral movement is it? I assume even if my hips laterally move, I still have to try to keep my head behind the ball, yes?

Well here is what I notice about your swing, this is not to say they are a bad thing just what I see:

1) I thought you feel asleep right before you started the swing. It was roughly 1.5 seconds from when your body stopped moving to when the club started back. I hope on the course that you are not thinking bout swing mechanics over the ball, that's sort of what it looked like in this video.

>> The range I'm okay with it on the course, you should have a pre-shot routine and just go with feel and expect your tendencies. Last thought is something like SMOOTH.

2) You have a strong grip, the club head at the end of the takeaway and at the top of the backswing is closed.

>> Dustin Johnson plays with a strong grip and so do a few others on tour so I wouldn't worry about it much, you have have to understand a neutral grips is easier to work the ball with.

3) The arms are still high when the chest has rotated to square (You Left, Tom Watson right) you can see the difference at the cast point.

>> Your hands work straight towards the ball from the start of the downswing, Tom's fall down to his side before they rotate towards the ball.

rscastpoint.png twcastpoint.png

4) You have a chicken wing after impact going on here.

>> Your left arm and shaft pop out the left side of your body together, I should see shaft, right arm, left arm pop out from behind you to the left

Here is a video of Tom Watson in slow motion hitting what looks like a mid to long iron into a par 3. Just use the pause at the top of the backswing then right arrow on the key board to step through the downswing the rest of the way.

You have to go from a V position at the cast point between the hands and forearms to an X position with the right arm crossed over top of the left arm.

I took a few screen shots of tiger woods, pay attention to where the golf glove is in the three images. The forearms go from a V to an X on the last photo.

tw08cp.pngtw08impact.pngtw08release.png

If you can get the right arm to pass the left you'll have the shaft pop out first then the right arm, then the left arm.

Ok, I'll try that again.

The last time I tried doing that, I ended up hitting hooks.

But I think I have enough material to work on my current flaws for now.

Thanks for your time, JM.

Well, one last thing... feel like you start to release a little sooner and make sure that it's a full release. If the ball goes left because of a pull or hook then we can fix that. Until you can get a full proper release the club will not find a inside to outside path, it will always be a outside to inside path like it is currently.

JM, am I really coming out to in? looking at my feet stance, and the target, I am aiming at the target which is left, while the photo you showed me, the pro is aiming more right.\

I have always had the mindset to strike the ball in the inside quadrant. Just wondering.

Also... for long clubs like driver and 3 wood, if I drop it first, wouldn't I hit it fat?

JM, am I really coming out to in? looking at my feet stance, and the target, I am aiming at the target which is left, while the photo you showed me, the pro is aiming more right.\

I have always had the mindset to strike the ball in the inside quadrant. Just wondering.

Also... for long clubs like driver and 3 wood, if I drop it first, wouldn't I hit it fat?

Chicken wing + hands high = out to in = fade, when people hear out to in they think slice, out to in path could be as little as 0.5degrees from right to left compared to the target line.

No, lateral hip slide is designed to get the hands low before the body rotates, once the body starts to rotate it shallows out the arc. One-planners hold onto the angle in their wrists as long as they can two-planers need to let the wrist unhinge a lot sooner.

You might consider going to a local instructor that teaches a two-plane model and work with them.

Sai-Jin

Quick question.

Do you lead your downswing with a left arm pull or push with your right?

Try this thought pattern. Turn and lift and pull with the left.

@JM: Understood. the local teachers here don't really suit me unfotunately. I've had better luck learning on my own and from tips ^^

@Bargolf: Hmmm... I would say it feels more like my right shoulder dips down to drop the club. For mid-short clubs, I try to imagine a table behind me and drop the club there. for longer clubs I'm thinking more of striking the ball in the inside quadrant because I'm rather afraid to dropit, and hit fat shots.

Turn life, pull with left... ok. So kinda like a tennis backhand?

@JM: Understood. the local teachers here don't really suit me unfortunately. I've had better luck learning on my own and from tips ^^

I completely understand, I am just trying to to screw you up worse.

I completely understand, I am just trying to to screw you up worse.

Not at all, I'm actually learning more from you than I did from the teacher in 2 lessons.

So I'm going to try to laterally slide, then drop the club, turn a lift / pull with left arm.

So I'm going to try to laterally slide, then drop the club, turn a lift / pull with left arm.

"Turn and lift and pull with the left" that's a sequence of motion for the swing.

Turn and lift = Backswing

pull with the left = Downswing

The hands drop as a result of the lateral slide they are not independent. Pulling your weight left will create lateral slide for you, pulling down with the left arm into impact will let the right arm be reactive rather then dominate.

@JM: AH! Yes, the turn shoulder then lift while dragging the club low is exactly what I felt in the back swing.

Ok. Yea, I noticed that my right is too dominating at times, so I try to relax the grip on the right more.

You know, I've always been afraid and don't trust my left side and because of my personality, I'm a little too controlling. I like control

JM, do you use skype?