TESTERS WANTED! ×

KRANK GOLF ELEMENT CLUBS SHIPPING!

I'm with Tyk. The fact that MGS doesn't censor anything or try to get in the middle of issues like this clears them for me.

MGS needs sponsors and it's up to Krank to decide if they want to clean up their act and continue advertising here.

+1

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just voiced an opinion and posed two questions. Maybe I shouldn't have, I don't know. As I have no money invested in Mygolfspy it clearly is none of my business ! Thing is, I come here everyday to read, maybe I felt too involved or too at home and took liberties where I shouldn't have.

But I am not going to apologize, because if it were my business ...

In custom James Stewart golfbag:
Ping Tour-S Rustique 60/TS & 55/13 / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping i20 4-PW+UW / Ping CFS Stiff / Ping ID8
Ping G15 2H 17° & driver 9° / stiff aldila serrano / ping 703
Odyssey White Hot XG 2-Ball / 33" / 2°up
Srixon AD333 - Oakley Flack Jacket XLJ G30

Issues are being sorted out now with really not many. The cases on here have been either waiting for product to come in or miss shipments. Being caught up on orders for the ELEMENT heads with orders for the RAGE Black or Whites being taken and shipped delay as they come in.

This is why we have wanted to be a part of MGS and be on the forums to talk and communicate with customers or non customers. For them allowing some guys to post on here and what they say staying up is showing us and you all that they do have no favoritism. Which is what we wanted.

The issues with Aj's order was that it was in stock at that time and he did not want to wait any longer, I had orders like that as well call for refunds and we were happy to do so. KB's deal he made topic on was his orders as well for two clubs, we talked with him on phone sent him clubs, then resent two more times in which he opted to go with a friend of mine to get custom UST shafts put in. He loves them now. Arj's orders was latest one which on my end showed he only ordered a head only, we thought we were caught up on lofts and when he brought his up to me on here I got right on it and took care of it. He told me on here and showed it was a complete club so I am sending him one out today via FEDEX Economy so he has in three days. No extra cost at all to him. There was another from Chal in which he was waiting on his to come in, he got in touch with us here and offline, took care of him and he put up how he liked them.

Since I have put my attention on this forum and talking to customers and making sure were completely caught up I have not had time to order new apparel or hats to kick out to you guys on MGS that I said I would. Once I get all this taken care of and ordered and printed up I can send you guys all a care package.

Weekends I am not able to be on here due to Family obligations. So Monday to Friday im on here, also my phones and emails are always open;

I appreciate MGS for allowing us to be a sponsor and allow us also to work this out on our own here. Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

Vice President

cell: 480-282-2204

office: 480-699-5041 / 1-855-699-1900

email; vinny@krankgolf.com

Thanks Vince. I am eagerly waiting for it. Tracking number will help.

Driver: Cobra ZL Limited Edition - Fujikura Motore Speeder VC 6.0 Stiff Shaft

Fairway Wood: Callaway X Hot Tour 3 Wood - Project X Tour Stiff Shaft

Hybrid: Callaway X hot Tour 3 hybrid - Project X Tour Stiff Shaft

Irons: Callaway Legacy Black 3 to 9, PW

Wedges, 56 Degree Nike, 60 Titleist Vokey

Putter: Odyssey Backstrike

Range Finder: Bushnell Tour V3

Their website no longer has this club available. Glad I read the posts on here before buying.

Just an FYI....as a Pre Order it was never Live on our site, only available to see and order through a link we sent to our private database or the link i had MGS put up on the launch for us. So it is still here, and will be live starting next week. Thanks Vince

Vince Rivera

vinny@krankgolf.com

480-699-5041

Can you guarantee there will be no issues like the numerous ones throughout this post? I mean, you have to understand that I have heard nothing good about your company from any of the posts. How will you guarantee these problems are solved. I was initially interested in the driver, but I will be honest, I am very nervous about purchasing one now.

BG.jpg

Can you guarantee there will be no issues like the numerous ones throughout this post? I mean, you have to understand that I have heard nothing good about your company from any of the posts. How will you guarantee these problems are solved. I was initially interested in the driver, but I will be honest, I am very nervous about purchasing one now.

While I'm not from Krank, I gotta say that this post right here is part of what bugs me...

In life, problems happen. No you can't guarantee much of anything. In business, you are dependent upon many others, and there is a limit to what you can control. When you are dealing with preorders of a product, and dealing with external vendors for parts and you are a small business, what you can control is how you comport yourself to your customers. I'm afraid every small business (and some big ones) sometimes get trapped between the public message and things they cannot control directly. Making guarantees is usually a path to disaster.

I've been there. It is among the most unpleasant times of my life.

I think the thing everyone has to come to grips with here is this. Krank screwed up with their communication, and a few customers have been VERY vocal about how bad things have gone. In my business experience, upset customers are always the vocal minority. Happy customers don't tend to find every venue possible to shout about it, but upset ones do. At this point, it looks like Krank is getting a handle on it's communications issues, and has an initial handle on it's supply issues. The question now, is can they mend the fences and deliver the product moving forward?

That question, at least for the moment, appears to be yes, with a slight delay while they deliver the pre-order backlog and sort the problems that arose from the communications mess. In a few weeks, I would imagine they'll be more or less back to a normal delivery cycle, but even with that, they remain a low volume purchaser from some of the vendors. So what happens when they have an order and one of the big fish needs supplies yesterday? the little guy gets bumped. It's business, and unfortunately, it happens. Could they hit a supply issue again? Yep! Hopefully if it happens again, they've got it under control.

Based upon what I've seen, if I wasn't currently tight on funds, I'd happily buy from them. The product is good, and it is what I want. The public message has been a little lost in translation, that happens sometimes. Some upset folks have made their opinions clear. I've watched this unfold here, and I would make the case that there mistakes on both sides of the fence in how things were handled. Addressing them is hard, because perception of the communication isn't something that can be controlled well.

Personally, I think Krank is still worth the risk, and that guarantees are worthless, so why ask for them.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Once again I wanted to re-iterate that after my original complaint, Krank (everyone I have talked to there) has bent over backwards to help me and handle any objections I may have had.. They have kept a great sense of communication and followed through with everything for me.. They are a company that is well worth looking into as far as their drivers etc.. I have complete confidence in them.

I understand what you are saying, we are buying the product. But some of the people that have posted on here have had to wait weeks upon weeks for their product...and when it showed up it wasn't what they ordered. I agree that I think it is a good product, but the thing that bugs me is the hassle and hoops you have to apparently jump through to get the driver.

While I'm not from Krank, I gotta say that this post right here is part of what bugs me...

In life, problems happen. No you can't guarantee much of anything. In business, you are dependent upon many others, and there is a limit to what you can control. When you are dealing with preorders of a product, and dealing with external vendors for parts and you are a small business, what you can control is how you comport yourself to your customers. I'm afraid every small business (and some big ones) sometimes get trapped between the public message and things they cannot control directly. Making guarantees is usually a path to disaster.

I've been there. It is among the most unpleasant times of my life.

I think the thing everyone has to come to grips with here is this. Krank screwed up with their communication, and a few customers have been VERY vocal about how bad things have gone. In my business experience, upset customers are always the vocal minority. Happy customers don't tend to find every venue possible to shout about it, but upset ones do. At this point, it looks like Krank is getting a handle on it's communications issues, and has an initial handle on it's supply issues. The question now, is can they mend the fences and deliver the product moving forward?

That question, at least for the moment, appears to be yes, with a slight delay while they deliver the pre-order backlog and sort the problems that arose from the communications mess. In a few weeks, I would imagine they'll be more or less back to a normal delivery cycle, but even with that, they remain a low volume purchaser from some of the vendors. So what happens when they have an order and one of the big fish needs supplies yesterday? the little guy gets bumped. It's business, and unfortunately, it happens. Could they hit a supply issue again? Yep! Hopefully if it happens again, they've got it under control.

Based upon what I've seen, if I wasn't currently tight on funds, I'd happily buy from them. The product is good, and it is what I want. The public message has been a little lost in translation, that happens sometimes. Some upset folks have made their opinions clear. I've watched this unfold here, and I would make the case that there mistakes on both sides of the fence in how things were handled. Addressing them is hard, because perception of the communication isn't something that can be controlled well.

Personally, I think Krank is still worth the risk, and that guarantees are worthless, so why ask for them.

BG.jpg

I understand what you are saying, we are buying the product. But some of the people that have posted on here have had to wait weeks upon weeks for their product...and when it showed up it wasn't what they ordered. I agree that I think it is a good product, but the thing that bugs me is the hassle and hoops you have to apparently jump through to get the driver.

I think I failed to articulate, that I firmly believe that what you see here is not the rule, but the exception. I know a couple of folks with prior Krank products that have nothing but good to say about dealing with them. Everything you see here, and I mean everything in the 2-3 threads about this relates to pre-orders with a new product line. Pre-orders that had an expected ship date that was missed.

Dru - Owner, President & Janitor, Druware Software Designs

RH 13.1 Handicap in soggy Georgia 

WITB
* 1W 10.5* @ PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 3W PXG 0211 ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff ) 
* 5W 18* Tailor-made AeroBurner ( Stock Stiff )
* 7W  Sub70 949x ( HZRDUS Smoke Black X-Stiff )
* 5i-PW @ PXG 0211 ( Gen 1 )
* 52 @ Hogan Equalizer
* 56 @ Sub70 
* 60 @ Hogan Equalizer
* Carbon Ringo 1/4
* Vice Pro Plus

Ok...I understand. You only hear mainly bad things...nobody ever starts a thread just because they had great customer service. I think I'll buy one when they become available. Now if it will only help my slice :)!

I think I failed to articulate, that I firmly believe that what you see here is not the rule, but the exception. I know a couple of folks with prior Krank products that have nothing but good to say about dealing with them. Everything you see here, and I mean everything in the 2-3 threads about this relates to pre-orders with a new product line. Pre-orders that had an expected ship date that was missed.

BG.jpg

Ok...I understand. You only hear mainly bad things...nobody ever starts a thread just because they had great customer service. I think I'll buy one when they become available. Now if it will only help my slice :)!

If not, you'll hit your slice farther than ever before :P

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I couldn't agree more. It's not MGS's issue that Krank has had or is having problems. MSG is simply a great forum for golf enthusiasts. If Krank pays for advertising, then I see no problem with it.

Dude, c'mon!!

I'm gonna chalk this up to emotions talkin, not reason.

It's not MGS's resposibility to police or judge KRANK, that's what this forum and you and the other members' wallets are for.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

BG.jpg

Dude, c'mon!!

I'm gonna chalk this up to emotions talkin, not reason.

It's not MGS's resposibility to police or judge KRANK, that's what this forum and you and the other members' wallets are for.

Fairways & Greens 4ever

RP, for me it was case closed, was not going to comment on it again. But now you bring it up again. So I repeat my last post:

--------------------

I just voiced an opinion and posed two questions. Maybe I shouldn't have, I don't know. As I have no money invested in Mygolfspy it clearly is none of my business ! Thing is, I come here everyday to read, maybe I felt too involved or too at home and took liberties where I shouldn't have.

But I am not going to apologize, because if it were my business ...

--------------------

I finally received my Krank Element Driver..and I spent most of my time reading the threads on here from dissatisfied customers and reading Vinnie's answers to find out where the heck my driver is.

First of all--before my review of the Element I must say to Vinnie:

Vinnie,

You writing, reading and answering threads on MGS is not the way to conduct business. You owe all your customers the decency and respect to call/email them personally and not spend time on MGS defending the negative threads. Many of your customers don't even know there is an MGS forum--so don't think there are happy customers waiting patiently for their Element, because they are just as upset as the ones who are complaining on this forum. While some of us have MGS to complain and get a quick answer to our complaints--you rarely if ever, answer your customer's emails or phone calls. In my case, I sent at least 4 emails and 4 phone calls--all unanswered, yet you jump onto MGS to answer all the complaints. But enough of that. If your boss Lance, left you in charge to deal with the problems and give you the authority to "make it right" Good for him--I used to have a boss like Lance too--we called him D2--delegate and disappear. Trouble is, he has his head in the sand, while you're driving his company down the tubes.

For my Element review: Remember when Tiger said in his latest Nike ad, Winning takes care of everything? So as like Tiger, if Krank could deliver on their performance boasts, perhaps Krank too could take care of all the misery we have suffered--the thing is though:

If the real deal is in the product and we are actually holding a winner it could possibly give the Element an opportunity to "make up" for all the lost time, delays, issues and lack of customer service and sense of urgency--being a winning product might solve all your problems.

I tested the Element against the Ping I-20, RBZ Stage 2, R1, R11, Titlesit 910 D3, G20 and Cobra. I used a Professional indoor driving range, top of the line launch-monitor with all the bells and whistles to measure every tested driver's distance, spin, smash factor, carry, flight characteristics, launch angle, etc... this monitor, run by the club pro had all the bells and whistles and results graphing you could imagine. I'm no iron byron, but I was the constant in the test. and, trust me on this I wanted the Krank to outperform everything!

The Element does not have anything over any of the drivers I tested! It ranked 4th in carry distance, last in spin rate and it was only average for carry and roll distance. It sounded horrific--like a rock hitting a hub cap or a Mountain dew can! It hurts the ears, nothing else I've ever hit sounded this bad. I remember the Nike Sasquatch having a similar sound, but this was worse.

So the saddest part? All the waiting, frustration, drama and crap I put up would have "possibly" made it all worth if the driver was a winner. This driver sucks! Never again Krank...and anyone else considering a Krank, test drive it first!

Looks like the first review is not a good one. Will be interesting to see how others feel about the Element (when it arrives that is)(with a shaft).

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

Have a good week end and a great season Bro!

Thx, I sure could use that after a year of revalidation in 2012. Need to get hcp down badly. But after a season without driver and almost no play I am in desperate need of a good one. Was thinking of the Krank Element, as I loooooooooooooove its looks (it has some aggressiveness to it, something sci-fi star trekkish high tech look, which I like), initial review on MGS was good too, but after reading all this I'm not going there. So I dug into the MGS driver test, and reading through all that, sifting through all the data, I think I'll go the 913 route. Need to get some balls in the fairway !

Although Krank has had issues with the Element, they have not had issues with any other products. Communication from Krank has been top notch, with Vince and Lance both personally getting involved to assist their customers. These guys are presidents of the company, and are dealing with individuals on a one on one basis to get problems solved.

If you do not want to purchase a Krank driver, it is your loss. I have a Rage and an Element driver, and they are by far the most forgiving, longest hitting drivers I have ever hit.

I finally received my Krank Element Driver..and I spent most of my time reading the threads on here from dissatisfied customers and reading Vinnie's answers to find out where the heck my driver is.

First of all--before my review of the Element I must say to Vinnie:

Vinnie,

You writing, reading and answering threads on MGS is not the way to conduct business. You owe all your customers the decency and respect to call/email them personally and not spend time on MGS defending the negative threads. Many of your customers don't even know there is an MGS forum--so don't think there are happy customers waiting patiently for their Element, because they are just as upset as the ones who are complaining on this forum. While some of us have MGS to complain and get a quick answer to our complaints--you rarely if ever, answer your customer's emails or phone calls. In my case, I sent at least 4 emails and 4 phone calls--all unanswered, yet you jump onto MGS to answer all the complaints. But enough of that. If your boss Lance, left you in charge to deal with the problems and give you the authority to "make it right" Good for him--I used to have a boss like Lance too--we called him D2--delegate and disappear. Trouble is, he has his head in the sand, while you're driving his company down the tubes.

For my Element review: Remember when Tiger said in his latest Nike ad, Winning takes care of everything? So as like Tiger, if Krank could deliver on their performance boasts, perhaps Krank too could take care of all the misery we have suffered--the thing is though:

If the real deal is in the product and we are actually holding a winner it could possibly give the Element an opportunity to "make up" for all the lost time, delays, issues and lack of customer service and sense of urgency--being a winning product might solve all your problems.

I tested the Element against the Ping I-20, RBZ Stage 2, R1, R11, Titlesit 910 D3, G20 and Cobra. I used a Professional indoor driving range, top of the line launch-monitor with all the bells and whistles to measure every tested driver's distance, spin, smash factor, carry, flight characteristics, launch angle, etc... this monitor, run by the club pro had all the bells and whistles and results graphing you could imagine. I'm no iron byron, but I was the constant in the test. and, trust me on this I wanted the Krank to outperform everything!

The Element does not have anything over any of the drivers I tested! It ranked 4th in carry distance, last in spin rate and it was only average for carry and roll distance. It sounded horrific--like a rock hitting a hub cap or a Mountain dew can! It hurts the ears, nothing else I've ever hit sounded this bad. I remember the Nike Sasquatch having a similar sound, but this was worse.

So the saddest part? All the waiting, frustration, drama and crap I put up would have "possibly" made it all worth if the driver was a winner. This driver sucks! Never again Krank...and anyone else considering a Krank, test drive it first!

You "tested it" at an indoor range? When you test drive a car, do you put the wheels on rollers and never leave the showroom? Take it to a course or at least an outdoor range to get the true distance and feel. It's hard to tell how straight a ball goes when you are really hitting it into a net right in front of you.

• 1 month later...

Ordered an Element driver, head only, on 4/18/13, was told that it would be delivered in 2-4 weeks, my credit card was hit two days later, today is 5/24/13, and no driver has been delivered.

Called Krank yesterday, spoke to a man who told me their that Element heads with my desired loft were in, the head would be shipping out, and they would be e-mailing me a tracking number the same day, 5/23/13.

Today I got a sales receipt e-mailed to me, but no tracking number.

Doesn't this all sound too familiar?

As the Supremes' song goes, it happened to me, and it can happen to you.

As far as a company with poor customer service like Krank advertising on this site, many associated with mygolfspy have and will to continue jump all over certain golf magazines for pandering to their sponsors and their money when "hot lists" and other reviews are published.

Some of us were led to Krank because of this website and for the proprietors of mygolfspy to ignore Krank's poor customers' relations basically blows. Krank needs to called out for their bad service and the games they play with their customers. many who are members of this website. Krank doesn't a damn about me, but if they lost their advertising space on this website, maybe they would wake up.

Respectfully,
DHUCK WHOOKER

+1 and then some!

Just as in most situations, both good and bad, you can usually find your answers if ya "follow the money," so to is the best way to show approval and/or dissaproval, with your wallet.

Regarding a business using business performance, or the lack of it, in arranging their sponsers, that is fine if those guidelines are spelled out up front, in writing, in the agreement. I, myself, have counselled clients against having anything more than a "morals" clause/paragraph in the contract, because, well, I don't think that businesses should be in the business of "judging" other businesses. That is for the marketplace to do. You and other paying customers. An adult should not take a company's advertising on a site or in a magazine as anything more than they paid the host money to advertise. It is not a seal of approval or stamp of confidence.

There is an agreement in place and short of a company breaking the morals clause, MGS is most likely not in the position of playing judge and executioner.

Nor do I believe that it is prudent business practice to do so.

Just one man's thoughts...

Have a great season

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Make that two men's thoughts.

What's the benefit to MGS in saying "you're not good enough to be advertising on our site - so scram!"????

As RP says, it's bad business when the product you sell is advertising space on your website to be playing judge and executioner. Also, the market will dictate Krank's future. It would appear they're having shipping and customer service issues now. That doesn't mean the condition is permanent. Most companies do go through this now and again - it's a fact of life. How they handle it going forward will determine the future...and they'll always have advertising dollars to spend. It's good business for MGS to help its customer through hard times - it solidifies the relationship, which will be remembered in the good times.

That doesn't ease the frustrations felts by some of Krank's customers. I get that - but that's for Krank to fix as best it can, not MGS.

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

So if that jasonwatever (famous scammer on different boards) becomes a sponsor MGS should not pass judgement on any transactions he makes?

Krank took money, did not deliver. By not taking a stand and letting members go at it on their own it takes away from the feeling of being part of the community. A community takes care of its members. By telling Krank to come back when you've got your act together or when you stop making promises you can't keep, MGS will show that it cares for the welfare of members first.

So if that jasonwatever (famous scammer on different boards) becomes a sponsor MGS should not pass judgement on any transactions he makes?

Krank took money, did not deliver. By not taking a stand and letting members go at it on their own it takes away from the feeling of being part of the community. A community takes care of its members. By telling Krank to come back when you've got your act together or when you stop making promises you can't keep, MGS will show that it cares for the welfare of members first.

That's the beauty, we can judge sponsors and non sponsors alike on these forms without the slightest worry of retaliation. This thread is highly visible via Internet search and not one has MGS broken its neutrality.

Krank has been judged many times over and has lost many customers and future customers. It's up to them to make amends. Frankly though, any time they've said something, they've just dug themselves into a deeper hole though, so I don't have a huge amount of faith they will do so.

Nope. There's a difference between someone or a company committing fraud or scamming people and a company that doesn't have its act together, going through growing pains and trying to make things work with what are clearly incompetent people. Krank isn't scamming people. They just have one or more people who clearly don't have a clue how to properly handle their supply and shipping issues. They need to replace some people it seems. But it's not a case of fraud that would warrant banning them from advertising.

Nope. There's a difference between someone or a company committing fraud or scamming people and a company that doesn't have its act together, going through growing pains and trying to make things work with what are clearly incompetent people. Krank isn't scamming people. They just have one or more people who clearly don't have a clue how to properly handle their supply and shipping issues. They need to replace some people it seems. But it's not a case of fraud that would warrant banning them from advertising.

Exactly - that's the morals clause RP was talking about. I don't for a minute think Krank is trying to scam anyone. Are they handling a difficult situation badly? From the outside looking in it would appear so. Has it hurt them? I would think so, but I think it speaks volumes that MGS hasn't once tried to sensor this or any of the threads regarding Krank delivery and customer service. The market will sort that out.

I've been on the other end of this in business - back orders suck and as a manufacturer it puts you in constant damage control mode. You do the best you can to get through it, take your lumps, learn your lessons and try like hell to not get caught in that situation again. The two times my former employer went through it not a single magazine or website we advertised with said "you can't advertise with us till you get your act together." Quite simply it's not their job to make those decisions.

Right now I'm looking at ads for Bobby Grace putters, KBS shafts, Super Stroke putter grips and golf discount.com. And I'm willing to bet at some point in their history each one of them has pissed off, or will piss off, a customer or two. It happens - every company makes mistakes. It's how you deal with it that counts. Say KBS screws up some orders and annoys some customers, and MGS says "you're out until you smarten up!" What are the odds that KBS ever advertises on MGS again? Slim and none, and slim just left town. It's a very slippery slope...

We're adults - and can make our own decisions. We certainly don't need to be "protected" from Krank. WE are the community - MGS provides us this forum to express our thoughts, opinions and ideas - and gives us a hell of a lot of leeway to do so. I'd say the community is looking out for itself in this instance.

Sorry if this comes off a "preachy." It's certainly not my intent, and I really feel for the guys who've had to deal with the lousy customer service.

Just my 2 cents....

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

I agree with the most part that is why I mentioned the solution to tell Krank to come back when they've got their act together.

One more thing about Sponsor-Forum relationship, or sponsor relationships in general. It is a two way street. Sponsors choose a site or an athlete based on the rep. The athlete/site accepts because he believes in the product or the company. I guess that is the ideal way. I'm sure a lot of athlete just take the money and they don't care about what the company stands fot. Just because that happens does not make it right.

I'm sure the guys at Krank are generally nice people. They just don't have what it takes right now to handle their promises.

So has the name been changed or is the Formula 5 another new driver that people will be waiting on forever? Or is it Japan only waiting? Cause I found it on a JDM site.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Archived