Lost 40 lbs in 4 months - My personal eating plan

Our Sponsors

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SPY VIP

Just an update - Saw doctor Saturday for monthly blood pressure check and weight in.

I'm now down 28.5lbs in 3 months.

Blood pressure fine

Cholesterol is back within safe limits. Doctor said my cholesterol drop for 3 months is unprecedented and wants to use my diet as an example.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

That's flippin' awesome. How about a MGS Forum Weight Loss competition???

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Not sure how much more you have to lose rolleyes.gif

I'm in -- any other takers?

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Just an update - Saw doctor Saturday for monthly blood pressure check and weight in.

I'm now down 28.5lbs in 3 months.

Blood pressure fine

Cholesterol is back within safe limits. Doctor said my cholesterol drop for 3 months is unprecedented and wants to use my diet as an example.

I swear Danno we could be the same person! I had the same thing I was told in dec that I had really high cholesterol LDL 240 HDL 30 and I went on a vegan diet except Fish 2 times a month and I have dropped 30lbs and brought my numbers down to LDL 173 and HDL 38. My doc said the same thing that he had never seen such good results in such a short amount of time although it still high it trending in the right direction. I have blood work again in June so we will see, and my name is also Dan... Wierd Right?

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

I swear Danno we could be the same person! I had the same thing I was told in dec that I had really high cholesterol LDL 240 HDL 30 and I went on a vegan diet except Fish 2 times a month and I have dropped 30lbs and brought my numbers down to LDL 173 and HDL 38. My doc said the same thing that he had never seen such good results in such a short amount of time although it still high it trending in the right direction. I have blood work again in June so we will see, and my name is also Dan... Wierd Right?

I WAS adopted. You weren't born on Vancouver Island by any chance? :D

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

I WAS adopted. You weren't born on Vancouver Island by any chance? :D

No Edmonton! Close though. still I feel like our story is strangely similar.LOL keep it up man.my goal is to get it down enough that I can put back a few double doubles when I'm home next time.LOL

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

• SPY VIP

No Edmonton! Close though. still I feel like our story is strangely similar.LOL keep it up man.my goal is to get it down enough that I can put back a few double doubles when I'm home next time.LOL

Ya I want to get to a good point for Vancouver Trip so I can eat what I want when we're out that week.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Ya I want to get to a good point for Vancouver Trip so I can eat what I want when we're out that week.

Ya good call, that's been my biggest problem is when the wife and I are at the Pub, there is only so much I can eat.

Good luck man and keep us posted!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Dan,

What exercise are you doing?

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

• SPY VIP

Dan,

What exercise are you doing?

Exercise? :P 100% I fell off that wagon 3 months ago in the first week of this. This has all been diet but I'll be first to admit that exercise would play a huge part as well. This is probably the biggest reason why my blood pressure sits so borderline. Now when I was exercising Nidine had found a really good Jillian Michaels DVD that's only 20 minutes, but lemme tell ya that was the hardest and most rewarding 20 minutes of exercise I've ever experienced.

http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-Ripped-30/dp/B004CRR9IS/ref=pd_bxgy_mov_img_z

51x50+++R2L._SY300_.jpg

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Cool. I've been trying (operative word!) to watch what I eat for the past few years and have lost about 18lbs so far. I was running 5kms 3 days a week but that has fallen by the wayside because of working 2 jobs.

I have a Total Gym that (when the water damage from our sump pump dying is fixed by next week) I am going to set up again and have a red hot go at making sure I use it at least a couple of times a week for lifting.

I've got another 30lbs or so to go before I get to the weight that I'll be comfortable with (and my Dr is happy with as well).

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSi2 Project X HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 6.0
Fairway: :Sub70: 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: TBA
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

I have the P90X DVD set and before Thanksgiving I was doing the Yoga and Kempo(Karate) DVDs faithfully and lost about 10 lbs in probably 6 weeks. However, there was a family death and that took me out of my routine and increased my sugar intake(i'm a stress eater).

I have not gotten back into it at all but I know a couple who did the full program and now just do a just 3-4 disks a week.

The system works, that is for sure, once I have room, I plan to do the full P90X system for the 90 days to lose weight and tone my body. I would say the best thing about that system though is the fact that it also makes you stay flexible. Too many systems and workouts are all about building muscle and having no flexibility.

The problem with the system though is that you need to buy weights, mats, yoga blocks, etc.

Edit: One other bad thing is that every DVD is LONG! Expect to be working out for an hour to 1:15 every day

• 5 weeks later...

Good job Danno!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Some days, I hate you a little.

Mine isn't going nearly as well. At first, I dropped a bunch quickly from the diet changes. That's since stalled and it doesn't look like that's where the rest of the results are going to come from. Thus it's been back to various forms of training I use to do for hockey. Downside is that I tend to gain weight initially as I put on muscle faster then I burn fat. Good side is that the fat will eventually go and it's good stress relief in the mean time.

Doc still wants me to change jobs. Says the work stress level is really not helping things.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider