TESTERS WANTED! ×

Tiger Woods Master's Scripting - Special Edition Kit

SPY ZINGER

GolfSpy T here totally hijacking Spy Zinger's post (it's good to be King...or at least have King-like access to the forum). I'll leave Zinger's Scripting release and photos alone, but I'm inserting some pics of the latest round of really cool, super-special, media edition promotional kit from Nike.

This year, for the first time (that I'm aware of anyway), Nike sent out a very neatly packaged box containing the TW Collection polos that Tiger will be wearing during this year's tournament. It's actually not the first time I've seen it (I got a sneak peak during the Covert Launch event late last season), but nevertheless, it's cool the package Nike put together.

As is the rule for all of Tiger's Sunday red, the TW Emboss Polo is not too pink, and not too orange.

It's been a while since I've worn Nike on the course (amazing, I know), but at the PGA Show when I spoke with Nike Golf President Cindy Davis, she strongly suggested that I could do better [than what I had on] with Nike. I guess I'll find out.

Nike TW Masters 2013-00.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-01.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-02.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-03.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-04.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-05.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-06.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-07.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-08.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-09.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-10.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-011.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-013.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-014.jpg

Nike TW Masters 2013-015.jpg

Nike Athlete Masters Scripting

Tiger Woods Scripting.JPG

Rory McIlroy Scripting.JPG

Nick Watney Scripting.JPG

Thorbjorn Olesen Scripting.JPG

Russell Henley Scripting.JPG

Francesco Molinari Scripting.JPG

Charl Schwartzel Scripting.JPG

Carl Pettersson Scripting.JPG

---------------------

Nike Golf Unveils Athlete Looks for the First Major Championship of the Season

-Innovative technology, pattern and colors designed to make the athlete feel and look good-

BEAVERTON, Ore (April 3, 2013) – At the first major championship of the season, Nike Golf athletes will unveil new styles from its Spring 2013 Collection. Each athlete in the field will be “scripted” in new designs that incorporate key technologies such as laser perforations, no-sew technology and ultra-lightweight fabrications.

As the number one golf apparel company in the world, Nike Golf has “scripted” its athletes at Major Championships for over 10 years. “Scripting” is a process in which the Nike Golf Apparel team collaborates with its athletes to select designs that will help them perform and look their best for each competitive round at a Major.

“We work with our athletes up to a year in advance to determine what styles and colors they prefer to compete in at a Major Championship,” said Merritt Richardson, Vice President of Global Apparel and Footwear for Nike Golf. “We share our newest innovations for the season with them and listen to their needs in terms of performance, comfort and style to ensure they are dressed to compete at their highest level.”

Eight Nike Athletes will compete in the first Major championship of the year including Russell Henley, Rory McIlroy, Francesco Molinari, Thorbjorn Olesen, Carl Pettersson, Charl Schwartzel, Nick Watney and Tiger Woods.

Here's what McIlroy, Olesen, Schwartzel and Woods will be highlighting:

McIlroy will sport looks from the Nike Tour Performance collection, featuring the latest innovations in lightweight, breathable performance fabrications. He will wear the Fashion Body Map Polo in Violet Force ($70), the Embossed Polo in Stadium Grey ($65), the Iconic Polo in Pink Force ($65), and the Light Weight Heather Polo in Squadron Blue ($60). He will be sporting bold colors each day with color pops in either his polo, trousers or his Nike Lunar Control footwear.

Making his Masters debut, Olesen will wear looks from the Sport Collection and the Nike Tour Performance Collection. He will wear the Nike Swing Polo in Electric Yellow ($60), the Core Body Mapping Polo in white ($65), the Sport Gingham Novelty Polo in Light University Red Heather ($70), and the Nike Victory Polo in Poison Green ($50). He will finish his looks with the Nike Flat Bill Tour Cap ($30) and the Nike Lunar Control footwear.

Schwartzel will be debuting classic colors and designs from the Tour Premium Collection at the season's first major. He will wear the Premium Stripe Polo in Midnight Turquoise ($100), the Premium Nike Precision Polo in Dynamic Pink ($85), the Premium Novelty Pocket Polo in Neo Turquoise ($90), and the Premium ½-Zip Plaid Polo in Black ($100). Schwartzel will complete his look with the Nike Lunar Control footwear.

Woods will be wearing a new innovation from Nike Golf's Tiger Woods Collection. Woods' passion and competitive spirit fuel the continuous drive to create the most innovative and athletic products in the sport and his apparel pieces exemplify this dedication to innovation. He will be wearing the TW Jacquard Polo in Dark Grey ($80), the TW Modern Color Block Polo in White/Dandelion ($95), the TW Ultra Polo 2.0 in Squadron Blue ($95), and the TW Emboss Polo in Hyper Red ($85). These polos are extremely lightweight and utilize the laser-perforated collar for increased ventilation to keep the athlete cool while also reducing overall weight. Three of the four polos Woods will wear utilize the posture performance chassis which has a kimono style back design to allow Woods an increased range of motion throughout his swing.

Posted Image

Carl Petterson! Ultimate dark horse!!!

Whatever happened to Paul Casey, kj choi, Stuart clink, the guy who won the us open and then became a lumberjack.... Not justinleonard but that's another one? My guess is none of those trunk slammers are still with the swoosh??? Bummer

Can someone phonetically spell thiurborurn ole son for me?

Carl Petterson! Ultimate dark horse!!!

Whatever happened to Paul Casey, kj choi, Stuart clink, the guy who won the us open and then became a lumberjack.... Not justinleonard but that's another one? My guess is none of those trunk slammers are still with the swoosh??? Bummer

Can someone phonetically spell thiurborurn ole son for me?

How did you expect them to pay for Rory?

Posted Image

I noticed TW is going to snaps instead of buttons for the shirts... I don't think $90 shirts should have snaps! Maybe if it was an infant onesie but not a $90 golf shirt!

AMEN BROTHER..... I have a couple of those shirts from the 2013 line and those "Snaps" get annoying the warmer its gets.

Driver:   :taylormade-small: M3 Tensei CK Pro Blue
3-Metal:: :callaway-small: GBB EPIC, FujiKura Pro Green

5-Metal:  :cobra-small: F-7, FujiKura Pro

Irons:   :mizuno-small: MP-18 SC, KBS Tour 120

Wedges:  :cleveland-small:   RTX-3  52 - 56 - 60
Putter:  EVN-Roll ER-5

Ball :  :bridgestone-small: Tour B XS

Range Finder:  Busnnell Tour-X,  Garmin S20 

Follow me:

@Hula_Rock

• SPY VIP

I totally hijacked Zinger's thread and updated the original post with more examples of golf companies doing some really cool special edition packaging for major releases and events.

Check out the Nike Tiger Woods Masters Kit.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I totally hijacked Zinger's thread and updated the original post with more examples of golf companies doing some really cool special edition packaging for major releases and events.

Check out the Nike Tiger Woods Masters Kit.

Does this make me the Queen then?

Nike just called, those kits were supposed to be delivered to me. Mistakes happen, but just go ahead and send them along.

Posted Image

I wonder if there was any discussion on if they could save money and just sent Rory outfits for Thursday and Friday.:lol:

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

AMEN BROTHER..... I have a couple of those shirts from the 2013 line and those "Snaps" get annoying the warmer its gets.

I don't really mind the snaps.

I have to say, that's a pretty sweet special edition kit you got there T (The Masters schwag).

So how does that work - do they know what your size is or do they just send a random size?

• SPY VIP

I don't really mind the snaps.

I have to say, that's a pretty sweet special edition kit you got there T (The Masters schwag).

So how does that work - do they know what your size is or do they just send a random size?

Am I glad you asked... It gives me the opening I was looking for to discuss what very likely is the single most impressive...well...anything...I've seen over my time in the golf industry.

Two words for you:

Nike Logistics

Late in the day Tuesday I got a random email from one of my Nike contacts asking my shirt size. By 11:00AM Wednesday that package was on my doorstep.

Granted, over-nighting 4 polos isn't a miracle or anything, but Nike does this kinda stuff all the time, and they never misfire...ever.

Best example to date...the Covert launch event was scheduled for Manhattan. Hurricane Sandy showed up 3 days before the event. It should have been cancelled, by Nike rerouted stuff (all their stuff) and pulled the event off in Orlando. A major media event re-planned (including travel, hotel, and all of their displays), and relocated basically overnight...They are insanely good at this stuff.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Am I glad you asked... It gives me the opening I was looking for to discuss what very likely is the single most impressive...well...anything...I've seen over my time in the golf industry.

Two words for you:

Nike Logistics

Late in the day Tuesday I got a random email from one of my Nike contacts asking my shirt size. By 11:00AM Wednesday that package was on my doorstep.

Granted, over-nighting 4 polos isn't a miracle or anything, but Nike does this kinda stuff all the time, and they never misfire...ever.

Best example to date...the Covert launch event was scheduled for Manhattan. Hurricane Sandy showed up 3 days before the event. It should have been cancelled, by Nike rerouted stuff (all their stuff) and pulled the event off in Orlando. A major media event re-planned (including travel, hotel, and all of their displays), and relocated basically overnight...They are insanely good at this stuff.

Very impressive!

Wow.

And this "wow" is directed both at the tw polos and T's comment on the last page. I guess I shouldn't be surprised by quality oem marketing anymore, but honestly, it's hard to get used to perhaps the best service in any sports industry.

I work in the clothing business, so please take these comments with maybe 2 grains of salt.

Nike has done something with the TW brand that they should have done a long time ago. They decided to make sure the Nike branding was center and foremost. The TW logo is still there, but it's not the only branding visable on the shirt, which is a smart lesson to learn. Now granted, this should have been done from the very beginning, but they quickly found out during Tiger's "Fall" from grace, that the TW logo won't sell the line, and quickly re-branded it with Nike logos. The Nike branding identifies it, and consumers see it and it makes it more "buyable" to people, than the plain TW logo.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I arrived home to discover a complement to Golfspy T's Tiger kit....The Rory McIlroy kit!

From NIKE:

McIlroy will sport looks from the Nike Tour Performance collection, featuring the latest innovations in lightweight, breathable performance fabrications. He will wear the Fashion Body Map Polo in Violet Force ($70), the Embossed Polo in Stadium Grey ($65), the Iconic Polo in Pink Force ($65), and the Light Weight Heather Polo in Squadron Blue ($60). He will be sporting bold colors each day with color pops in either his polo, trousers or his Nike Lunar Control footwear.

Each day of the tournament, I will post a photo of the best looking guy on this site in the McIlroy shirt of the day. You can decide for yourself, who wore it better, as well as who has more appealing pectoral muscles.

IMG_3094.jpg

IMG_3095.JPG

IMG_3096.JPG

IMG_3097.JPG

IMG_3106.JPG

IMG_3108.jpg

IMG_3109.JPG

IMG_3110.JPG

IMG_3111.JPG

IMG_3112.JPG

Posted Image

Molinari's "The Man"

By far, he gets the best wardrobe!

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Archived