Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

SuperTri vs Machspeed vs Zero Limits

Skillschampion2

• SPY VIP

Of the 3, I've only hit the SuperTri so far. Good feel, but not spectacularly long or anything. I'd love to get my hands on a ZL for some serious testing. I was able to get a few swings in with the Cobra S2. I believe it was the longest of the 3 drivers I hit that day (SuperTri and Burner SuperFast being the others), but I don't have a ton of data to back that up.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I pitted the Nike Str8-Fit against the Zero Limit and the only reason the Nike won out was because you can adjust it between a flat and upright lie angle in addition to the face angle (open or closed). I'm 6'4 and being able to adjust the lie angle upright resulted in improved accuracy and more fairways hit. But, the ZL is a REALLY good driver. All the distance of the Cobra L series without the annoying, ear shattering sound.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

I prefer the SuperTri because I like the type of driver more. I really like the design of the MachSpeed, but it's not really for me. I think a better comparison would be the SuperFast v MachSpeed v ZL.

Is there any love for the Victory red? I like the head shape better than the machspeed, but have not hit it a bunch.

I tested the Victory Red a few weeks ago and it was a pretty solid driver. Unfortunately, the Machspeed wasn't as good for me and it looks like crap compared to the VR and any other driver out there. I just can't go away from my 909D3 right now. The VR Str8-Fit was good, but just wasn't enough to convince me to change.

The ZL head seems to be the best of the bunch, but without the same shafts in each club it is impossible to do real accurate testing. IMO, The Supertri seems like recycled technology, the Machspeed looks like a cheap novel with a shaft stuck in it, but the ZL looks like a club. I hate the VooDoo Shaft that comes stock from Cobra, so I need to wait for a suitable shaft to come for the fitting system to do proper testing.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

The Machspeed cant be compared to the ZL and SuperTri. The VR STR8FiT is in that category and it is very good. If You are a confident ballstriker try the VR in the small size, it is amazing.

The ZL is a very good club, be careful with the shaft it is not as stiff as usual Voodoo shafts.

The SuperTri is probably not worth its money since it is only an update, but it has for me the most pleasing sound and it looks amazing.

Also in that category worth a look is the new FT Tour from Callaway

Golf is suppoused to be hard!

Also in that category worth a look is the new FT Tour from Callaway

Lots of love for the FT Tour this year. Looks like Callaway has found a Winner for a change...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

In my experience, if the flight is right, the sound does not matter.

I demoed both machspeed and red over the weekend in 9.5 and 10.5, stiff. I thought they both were worse than the ZL. The ball didn't "jump" like I thought it would, and the launch was really low. I hit it low anyways, and these accentuated it further. The cobra is more forgiving and just a better stick for me(lower ball flight, 155mph ball speed). I agree with the poster regarding the look of the machspeed as well, it looks cheap. The red is a solid looking club, just not for me sadly! I hope to try the super tri soon!

I demoed both machspeed and red over the weekend in 9.5 and 10.5, stiff. I thought they both were worse than the ZL. The ball didn't "jump" like I thought it would, and the launch was really low. I hit it low anyways, and these accentuated it further. The cobra is more forgiving and just a better stick for me(lower ball flight, 155mph ball speed). I agree with the poster regarding the look of the machspeed as well, it looks cheap. The red is a solid looking club, just not for me sadly! I hope to try the super tri soon!

If you need a higher ball flight, try the FT-Tour in a 10.5*. What a cannon.

Archived