TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Impact Zone Training System

The PR company for The Impact Zone Training System recently mailed me their 4 dvd set by Bobby Clampett.

I really like the concept that they're teaching and am thinking I might show this to my wife before sending her out for lessons (still sending her for lessons either way)

But, I wanted to see if anyone else has watched these, or read the book "The Impact Zone"

Today I've watched the 4 videos straight through and am inspired. I don't normally hit the driving range - I HATE the range and never feel like I can focus on anything - but I may just hit the range this evening and see if I can make use of this.

Only gripe, I feel like the 4 disks could be just 1 disk (literally, they could take the exact same length of all the videos and fit it on 1) - but, it's also very repetitive - but at the same time, that repetition really sinks it into a thick skull like my own.

I'll let you know any feedback I have tonight after focusing on these ideas

It's a method based on the theory that all great players are pretty much the same at impact - lag/forward shaft lean, swing bottom 4" after the ball - and then a process to teach yourself to get to the same impact "zone" each time without changing your entire swing style.

yup, that's basically an hour or so worth of video in one sentence ;-)

Just sort of my thoughts, I have not seen the videos.

So the entire theory is based on the hand / shaft position at impact?

Every swing model has a different down swing sequence, you are going to get into impact in different ways. They might look very similar at impact but the sequence of motion is drastically different.

For example a Hybrid or Two-plane backswing that rotates their hips to start the downswing gets the club stuck. From a stuck position all you can do is flip or rotate the the shoulders wide open. Flipping will result in pushes / hooks, rotating the shoulders will result in a fade to slice or pull.

So if they don't deal with downswing sequences and only look at the static position at impact how can they accurately fix a flip?

A golf swing is not static it's dynamic, you have to know the root source as to why the person is in the impact position they are, you can't just take guesses at why the flip happened from a picture at impact.

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Archived