TESTERS WANTED! ×

2013 Tiger Woods Collection

SPY ZINGER

2013 Tiger Woods Collection

brand.gif

Before I joined the MyGolfSpy team, and before I became intimately familiar with the variety of golf specific golf apparel, I usually only purchased one brand: Nike. I even have a photograph of my best side to prove it. Apparel purchasing for me was simple, I would drive to the Golf Galaxy near my home, look for the swoosh, and choose my favorite color and style.

spybutt.jpg

My reasons were relatively simple. Nike apparel always seemed to fit me the best with perfect cuts, sleeve length, and shirt length. Nike apparel in my size seemed to fit perfect. Additionally, they always held up nicely wash after wash. In fact, I still have shirts in my closet that are easily four years old that look just as good as they did the day I bought them. Out of the wash and hung to dry, they looked like they were professionally cleaned. Yeah, I know most tech fabrics are this way, but Nike always seemed to look better off the line. When I compared the cost per use over the extended longevity of the shirt, it really is a great value.

Then, there were the pants. They were one of the first brands that I can think of that adopted tech fabric into their pants as well. Nike prides themselves on calling their professional staffers, “athletes.” A term even Tiger Woods was fond of as cited by his former swing instructor, Hank Haney in his book about his former student. You got the feeling, when the pants were on and up, they were the first pants that felt like athletic apparel yet retained the look of fine wool previously found on tour player's legs. I remember looking at a navy blue pinstriped pair of Nike pants for the first time thinking, now these are cool. They look like suit pants, but feel like gym pants. Great for golf.

The pinnacle of the Nike line has always been the TW Collection. The line always seems to produce selections that are just a cut above all other apparel in their line with upgraded buttons, stitching, and overall feel. They also included the unmistakable iconic TW metallic emblem on the sleeves. The pieces were a bit more expensive, but seemed worth the upgrade to mix up your Sunday best. Fast forward a few years later, as the self described authority on golf apparel, it's my pleasure to preview a couple selections from the 2013 Tiger Woods Collection by Nike Golf.

First up is the TW Graphic Polo in Electro Orange. As anticipated, this polo features Nike's Dri-Fit technology designed and perfected over time to wick moisture away from the body to evaporate. Just like magic and my bi-weekly paid-check. The shirt has a stretch property to it made from 49% polyester, 46% nylon, and 5% spandex. This combination is designed to maximize mobility during the golf swing. The collar is uniquely designed with a mesh back panel for ventilation. The placket includes only two buttons which are actually snaps and have a chrome look to them with the globally recognizable swoosh. As anticipated, this shirt fits true to size and perfectly in my regular size Large. The TW Graphic Polo has a MSRP of $90.

IMG_3042.JPG

IMG_3043.JPG

IMG_3045.JPG

IMG_3046.JPG

IMG_3047.JPG

IMG_3048.JPG

IMG_3049.JPG

IMG_3050.JPG

IMG_3051.JPG

IMG_3052.JPG

IMG_3053.JPG

IMG_3054.jpg

IMG_3055.jpg

IMG_3056.jpg

Next up are the TW Ultralite Pants in black. Much like everything else in the Nike golf apparel line, these pants also feature the Dri-Fit technology with a relaxed fit, very true to size without any hint of bagginess. You can feel confident ordering these in your common waist/length measurements. They are made from 95% polyester, and 5% spandex. I have seen across brands, this amount of spandex seems to be just the eight amount to allow for flexible comfort in the game of golf.

IMG_3026.JPG

IMG_3027.JPG

IMG_3028.JPG

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

IMG_3033.jpg

The Ultralite pants live up to their name and are, well, ultralite. Like the shirts in the 2013 line this year, the pants also feature the chrome style snaps. They also incorporate a nicely designed rubber pattern inside the waistband, to keep the shirt in place. That seems to be just the right formula to keep things secure without being too much with the “stick” factor. The hem at the bottom of the pant legs include a “V” notch in them to the pants drape nicely over the shoes. The TW logo is embossed in the middle rear belt loop, just in case you forgot who's pants you're wearing. These pants have an MSRP of $125.

IMG_3034.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

IMG_3036.jpg

IMG_3037.jpg

IMG_3038.jpg

IMG_3039.jpg

IMG_3041.JPG

Last week, Tiger became the number one player in the world again. It's a position many of us want to see him in whether you verbalize it or not. The golf apparel market is overly saturated. I had dinner with a friend of mine this weekend, and he said walking up and down the apparel isles of the PGA Show, the apparel selections become repetitive and have reached their comparative COR limit. There is not much more that can be done that already hasn't been thought of. But just like the man himself, Nike apparel and especially the TW line has been consistently known and widely accepted as the consumer favorite standing the test of time. As the new saying goes, winning takes care of everything, and Nike has been winning in this category for a while.

Posted Image

Looks great for sure, and now that they branded it Nike with the swoosh front center, makes for a better buy.

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I hope Nike will finally add golf shoes and apparel to its NikeID line up. I think they are missing a huge market by not having them on their yet

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I find that in my size XXL everything Nike clothing fits very small. The shoes are the smallest M width on the market, so I usually don't even look at Nike, cause every time I find something I like, I don't fit, nothing against the brand, but they run in the small side, as does Callaway, and I. Love callaway. But their clothing runs very small as well. I have found Thor me the best fitting shirts are made from the Greg Norman line.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Archived