TESTERS WANTED! ×

The Masters 2013

SPY ZINGER

Sorry Rev disagree, but nowt personal.

From BBC website: These are the words of the United States Golf Association rulebook, subsection 20-7 - Playing From The Wrong Place.

"If a competitor becomes aware that he has played from a wrong place and believes that he may have committed a serious breach, he must, before making a stroke on the next teeing ground, play out the hole with a second ball played in accordance with the Rules.

"If the competitor has committed a serious breach and has failed to correct it as outlined above, he is disqualified."

Sorry that looks clear to me.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Okay several things that I wanted addressed were addressed.

1. Johnny Walker Green is always a good choice - I think it's the best value in the line.

2. The Penalty on the kid is the penalty on the kid. This is the same official who harrassed Harrington and Woods a few years back. He's consistent. Apparently golf is like baseball in that each official has his own interpretation of the rules and you have to cipher it out for yourself. It was a legitimate call within the rules of the game although one wishes that it was a rule that was applied evenly.

3. Speaking of applying a rule evenly when Tiger hit the ball in the water on 15 David Feherty was uncertain as to whether or not it was a red stake or yellow stake situation. He misapplied the rules himself which speaks to the rules not necessarily the player(s). They are too bleepn complicated for something that is supposed to have us play the ball as it lies on the course as it sits. How about you hit it in the water and you replay the shot or go to the drop area - always - case closed - problem solved. Hit it in the woods close to an OB - you go look for the ball and don't find it drop a ball in the woods at a place determined by you and your playing partners, 1 stroke, no provissional, no worries you proceed because the rule is the same for OB or lost ball and it doesn't include a hike back to the tee that holds the entire course or field up. I would point out that this is the second time in the last five years that a major championship has been impacted by a confussion about the rules. Something is amiss somewhere if that's happening in professional golf.

4. The rule that is allowing Tiger to continue in the tournament has been effect for a few years. It's not a Tiger rule. Once again he proves to be a lightening rod through no fault of his own. In this case he's a lightening rod because he had the misfortune of hitting a shot so straight that it hit the stick and went in the water. The announcers said they thought the shot was perfect. I don't think that was the case either, every ball that hit behind that stick went to the back of the green or beyond. It was going to be borderline, but still a relatively easy par even if it went off the back a bit, at any rate it was borderline that's why Tiger backed up to hit the next shot. He's not the only one to have that bad a break hurt him in a major. Hunter Mahan got totally screwed on 15 the final day at Shinecock - his would have end up right next to the pin and instead caroomed into shin high rough - birdie to bogey with only 3 holes left to play. Why I would remember that and TV announcers who do it for a living and have a research department to draw on is beyond me.

5. I absolutely love the coverage on the ESPN website. Had it on as background at work all day thursday and around the house yesterday during my day off. Unfortunately I'll miss most of today. I have a private baptism in a bit, premarital counselling after that and then a church service. I'm booked from noon until 7 today. I will see the entire final round tomorrow though. Looking forward to it.

Rev, apparently Feherty is back on the wagon because he didn't see the 3 inch wide yellow stripe painted to mark the bounds of the hazard.

I'm in the camp that Tiger should WD. Why? He KNOWINGLY violated the rules. He walked to the drop zone along the line where his ball last crossed the margin of the hazard and looked at it from there and said as much. He said the landing area was too small and the shot was into the grain. So he knew the proper place to drop from in the situation there. He then decided to play from the original spot, except he backed up 2 yards and took 2 yards off the shot (because he got a wrong number the first time, his 3rd shot). He admitted that he didn't even attempt to play from the original spot by stating he backed up 2 yards. That, to me, is a DQ. But, because he moves the needle and his name is Tiger Woods, he wasn't DQ'd. He should now WD if he has any golf integrity left.

And I'm a Tiger fan, but this is not within the spirit of the game.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Tiger broke the rules, and he weaseled his way out again. He should have BeenDQ'd for it, and since he was not he needs to WD, but he won't, so I hope he shoots a 85 today, so we don't have to hear about this all weekend. The we can get on to the golf, Day, Cabrera, Boom Boom. I mean that's is what I want to see. This Tiger stuff has to go.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I'm in the camp that Tiger should WD. Why? He KNOWINGLY violated the rules. He walked to the drop zone along the line where his ball last crossed the margin of the hazard and looked at it from there and said as much. He said the landing area was too small and the shot was into the grain. So he knew the proper place to drop from in the situation there. He then decided to play from the original spot, except he backed up 2 yards and took 2 yards off the shot (because he got a wrong number the first time, his 3rd shot). He admitted that he didn't even attempt to play from the original spot by stating he backed up 2 yards. That, to me, is a DQ. But, because he moves the needle and his name is Tiger Woods, he wasn't DQ'd. He should now WD if he has any golf integrity left.

And I'm a Tiger fan, but this is not within the spirit of the game.

I'm no Tiger fan, but if he was KNOWINGLY trying to pull a fast one, why is he talking about it after the round? More like he ignorantly violated the rule. Whether that warrants a DQ or not, YMMV.

Cleveland Black 10.5*

Ping G15 4W

Cleveland Mashie 18*

Cleveland Mashie 23*

Ping G15 5-W

Eidolon 51*

Ping G20 SW

Mizuno/Bettinardi BC-01

Ah I see what you've done there MBP! Now he has a girl friend who could crush him like a bug if he gets up to mischief......female skiers thighs.....oooo I'm in a bit of cold sweat at the thought.

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Tiger saw the yellow line and thought it was the blonde rule. Historically he just figured in that situation he go do as he wants.

ROFL!!!

The honorable and classy thing to do would be to disqualify himself. Will he?

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I would never ever get upset with someone for disagreeing with me in a reasonable manner Westy so no offense taken. The question remains, "Did Tiger knowingly break the rules?" If he did he should be DQ'd if he did not the new rule that went into effect a few years back is there for this purpose.

Read below:

Before 2012, Woods would have been disqualified for signing an incorrect scorecard. Under new rules enacted by the United States Golf Association and R&A in 2011, a player can have penalty strokes added afterward when facts were not reasonably presented at the time of scorecard signing.

"This is a logical and important step in our re-evalution of the impact of high-definition video on the game,'' said USGA executive director Mike Davis at the time the new rule was announced in August 2011. "We collectively believe that this revised decision addressed many video-related issues never contemplated by the Rules of Golf.''

Tiger was interviewed this morning based on a suspicion that he had illegally dropped. The rules officials determined that he should have the appropriate two stroke penalty added to his score rather than be DQ'd.

I'm guessing that there are any number of guys on tour who don't know the difference in the rule between a yellow line/stake and a red/line stake. I'm also guessing that most do but it's a lot different asking them about it over a beer on a Tuesday night than after having dumped one in the drink on 15 while in the lead in the second round of the Masters. Heck Tiger had two playing companions, I don't know how things work on tour but I'm guessing they work like in our competitions - if I see someone doing something that I think will break a rule I'll stop them before they do it.

If he says he made a mistake about the rules I think he made a mistake. I do know that Rookie is a huge Tiger fan and certainly respect his opinion in the matter. If he did it unknowing though why should he withdraw? The rule says 2 stroke penalty, it's there to protect an unwitting mistake.

As for Feherty isn't it entirely possible he got confused because Tiger was operating under the rule for a lateral hazzard and he was thinking, if only subconsciously - well that must be a lateral hazzard then?

Oh well word just came that Tiger birdied 1. He could be in for a low round today. That will make tomorrow all the more interesting. I just popped home to clean up from my beach baptism - off to church.

Enjoy the round and stir something else up for me today please guys.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Snedeker is gonna take this one.

MENTOR, L4 COACH & TRAINER  FIRST TEE GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 8.3  (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, April 2023
:titelist-small: TS3 Driver & 4 Wood Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
:titelist-small: SM8 Wedges

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
SRIXON Z-STAR DIAMOND BALL
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 4.0 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

I don't think the phrankenwood is working out too well for phil

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Tiger gonna shoot 7 under today, post and wait for the rest to stumble in?

I'd like to see that...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

My amateur long ball prediction is; Snedeker beats Tiger by 1 ;)

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Na just shot a 10 on #12 :P :P

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Rory was -3 on the day, where was this the other 3?

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

How is it Langer is one of the oldest, yet has possibly the best pants?

Are you kidding me? I could watch Adam Scott in his muscular quad revealing grey pants any day! Yummy! :P

Now if he could get rid of the granny putter and make an aggressive putt.

Holy buckets....now BUBBA just carded a 10 at the par 3 12th :blink: :blink:

In my bag, April 2023

EVNROLL ER2  Putter
Sun Mountain Cart Bag

Holy buckets....now BUBBA just carded a 10 at the par 3 12th :blink: :blink:

And then smashed a drive that may have gone 375 on 13

Archived