TESTERS WANTED! ×

(OFFICIAL) - MyGolfSpy Fantasy Golf League Thread

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

Thank you to all the sponsors of the 1st MyGolfSpy Fantasy Golf League. Please help support our sponsors by clicking their banners and checking out what they have to offer.

SPONSORS

HeavyPutter.gif

HeavyPutter

• The most revolutionary advancement to-date broke onto the scene with the innovative Heavy Putter. Offering significant advancements in design, we have improved not just the putter, but the way you play the game! The Heavy Putter incorporates the engineering principles of the Anserâ„¢ and the alignment features of the 2-Ballâ„¢, but makes quantum leaps by actually improving the consistency of your stroke!

hurricanegolf.jpg

HurricaneGolf.com

• At Hurricane Golf we carry only new and authentic golf brands, such as Callaway, Nike, Taylor Made and Cleveland to name just a few. Most of these brands are acquired directly from the manufacturer or through pro shops overstocks.

sumi_g1.jpg

SUMI-G

• Quick Overview - Innovative design makes these smart head covers a must for serious golfers. Easy to take on and off or pick up off the ground using a club – this head cover will be used. Rigid construction and a long neck protect the shaft as well as the club. Extend the life of valuable clubs and shield them from damage. A new classic, the Sumi-G head cover asserts style and confidence on the course.

5DollarEmailsGPP.jpg

GPPGolf.com

• GPP is a multiple winner as one of America's 25 Best Golf Shops. GPP has also been selected by Golf Range Magazine as a Top 100 Golf Practice Facility in the United States. Only three companies in the United States have been selected as a combined retail and range Top 100 Winner. All those who are involved with GPP take pride in these accomplishments and are honored to be categorized at such a high standard.

PRIZES

1st Place

• Taylormade 2009 Burner Driver - (HurricaneGolf.com)

• $100 Gift Card - (GPPGolf.com)
  • Sumi-G Headcover Set - (Sumi-G)

2nd Place

• Heavy Putter Q2-M - (HeavyPutter)

3rd Place

• Mibrella

#TruthDigest

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • SPY VIP

MyGolfSpy is pleased to announce the start of its Yahoo Fantasy Golf League! The spring season starts April 1 with the Shell Houston Open and ends September 23 with the Tour Championship.

http://golf.fantasysports.yahoo.com/golf

When you sign up, you will have to sign in with your Yahoo ID (if you don't have a Yahoo ID, you will need to create one). Or if you prefer, please PM me your email address so that I may invite you to the MyGolfSpy fantasy league.

After you log in, you will see the link for "Join a Group." After you click on that, you will be taken to a new page where you will click on the "Select" button under "Join a Private Group."

At that point, you will enter the following information for Group ID and Password.:

Group ID = 15081

Password = 123456

After you have officially joined, click on the "Go to Team Page" link to pick your golfers. The deadline to pick your players is typically the night before (Wednesday) before the start of the tournament.

For those of you already part of another Yahoo Fantasy golf league, I ask that you please create a new team. This way no one has any unfair points advantage going into the Spring season.

Do you think you're a good guesser? Brag about it here! On a hot streak? DEFINITELY brag about it here!!! Upset that some of your players missed the cut? Feel free to moan here, too!!! :D

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

MGS Fantasy Golf will be a considerably longer haul (April 1 - Sept. 26) than the MGS Launch Contest (1 month). :D

Have you all got the stamina?!?! :lol:

Ummmm

Nope :(

Thankfully the per day input for this one should be much less :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Thankfully the per day input for this one should be much less :D

Nice try ... when Fantasy Golf starts, everyone will be required to maintain his/her daily post-per-day average that has been established between March 1 and April 1.

... KIDDING ... :lol:

• SPY VIP

Nice try ... when Fantasy Golf starts, everyone will be required to maintain his/her daily post-per-day average that has been established between March 1 and April 1.

... KIDDING ... :lol:

The wife would like a word with you, my friend. I'd introduce you, but I don't really remember her name... :D

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Thanks, once again, for getting these great prizes set up, MGS. I've heard lots of good things about those headcovers, but have never clearly understood what makes them different. Checked out their website and still couldn't get it. They need a video.

Follow me on Twitter: @MattSaternus

Nice try ... when Fantasy Golf starts, everyone will be required to maintain his/her daily post-per-day average that has been established between March 1 and April

... KIDDING ... :(

That should be a pre - requisite to win additional prizes. we can see who are the top posters now lets see them do it for another 6 months..... hahahahaahahahahahahaha

Just having fun like Moe!

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

I will try.... Can i have some bonus points if I do???

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

Seriously though, MSG has been finding some incredible companies who are being very generous in making the start of this site one of the most incredible ever. It shows that MyGolfSpy must have some great friends in the industry that feel very highly of him to help in this manner. Just shows what type of leader we have here at MGS. I'm not kissing any A$$, just stating really the obvious. Not many people could be getting all these companies to make these types of generous donations to a site especially in times like these (ECONOMY). It would have been much easier to have postponed the launch. He could have waited to see some positive signs with the economy but instead MyGolfSpy pushed ahead. Along with help from everyone involved here this site is turning into one of the best Golf Forums on the Internet, and we are at a very early stage in very hard times economically. I think everyone at MGS should be commended for all the behind the scene work that many of us don't realize how hard guys like MyGolfSpy,TeamPowers,the testers and any other administrators who work to make this place tic day in and day out. They have done more then we'll ever know to make this a success along with the membership. For the site really is only as good as it's members. I'm just another member like most here who happens to be a mod. I'm as excited for the guys who are going to win some of these prizes for most posts in the first month. It's not all about the prizes and i hope we can continue forward as strong as it's been the last month. I personally want to thank the Newest companies for donating again such great prizes for our First Annual MGS Yahoo Fantasy League. I hope to be saying the same thing a year from now and yet again for many years to come. Thank you HurricaneGolf.com, GPPGolf.com,SUMI-G, and Heavy Putter for your generous support. Now that I'm a mod and I'm able to enter this contest I say Look out boys Timmy wants to be a winner! :(

Seriously Thanks to all MGS'rs!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

I will try.... Can i have some bonus points if I do???

Sure if I can figure how to help put a good word in for you I will! ;)

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Actually I'm glad this was posted tonight it reminded me to post. I've been so busy with the kids since their off for Easter I've been a little pre occupied.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Actually I'm glad this was posted tonight it reminded me to post. I've been so busy with the kids since their off for Easter I've been a little pre occupied.

Tim

Off for Easter??? That is still a week away right??

I plan on maintaining a place on the boards as long as I am welcome here... I love the fact that the place is filled with really good guys and great info.

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Off for Easter??? That is still a week away right??

I plan on maintaining a place on the boards as long as I am welcome here... I love the fact that the place is filled with really good guys and great info.

Season starts 4-1-2010 which means you need to pick today or you'll miss the first week. That's what I did in my other league and once you miss one week it's very hard to catch someone who happens to score 200-250 points! Not saying you can't miss a week because this one is lasting two seasons the spring and summer. But it still puts you way behind! If it was just the spring 12 weeks it would be almost impossible.

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Prepare to lose! The winter season has been fine tuning my fantasy game, I'm in the 77th percentile.

I hear ya....I've been in the top 93-97% don't mean a thing. I finished 2nd in my one league and wound up being like 17,000 something. last year I battled it out all year 1st thru 5th finished 3rd and was in the 98th percentile and didn't get a sniff of anything except pride! It's much tougher then you think. You can have all the right golfers then your guy pulls a hemi! lol

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

This is not just about the PGA.... you must know your European players, your Nationwide guys it's not all about the top 20 players. Just friendly competition.... :lol:

The Bag:

Right handed

Titleist Vokey Proto's

TM TP5 X

GHIN # 5144472

Wow... more great prizes... I love this board...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

Great sponsor and prize list, way to go MGS!!! Today is the first day, get those lineups set, lets get ready to rumble~!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

Mr T's Clubbers, aka Davis2125 ... please provide your MGS user name so you may be verified as a valid participant.

Here I am!

TaylorMade Burner 9.5 w/ Grafalloy Blue

Tour + Nessie 4 Wood w/ UST Proforce 75

TaylorMade Tour Preferred Irons w/ Rifle Project X

Cleveland CG12 52 56 60 w/ TT Dynamic Gold

David Whitlam Prototype Putter

This is not just about the PGA.... you must know your European players, your Nationwide guys it's not all about the top 20 players. Just friendly competition.... :)

Very true. For example, I've had a lot of contribution from Alex Prugh and Tim Clark, and a lot of people don't know who they are.

It has begun!!!!! I will either be at the top, or the bottom, there is no in between for me!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I'd better check up on the current stats of my players.. Will we be having daily updates on the board???

I'd better check up on the current stats of my players.. Will we be having daily updates on the board???

Nothing formal ... just normal bragging, moaning, etc. :lol:

Archived