Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Adjusting Cobra driver/woods...what does it actually do?

I have used Cobra clubs for the past 7 years. I currently have the Amp series. On the driver and woods, there is an option to change it from neutral (N) to closed © or open (O). I can't see what this actually does other than turn the club head. Once I change the settings to closed for example, the club basically appears to be the same other than the the grip no longer lines up anywhere near to the same position it originally did. Are there weights in the shaft or something or how does turning the club head one way or the other actually do anything? Anyone that has used one of these knows what I am talking about when I say you literally turn the club head a third of the way around.

BG.jpg

It turns the clean head indeed. Then when the club is soled, the alteration of the angle should display the head as open or closed to what it looks like when it's neutral. If you do that and then just square the club back to neutral, then indeed, it's not doing anything.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I guess what I am saying is, my initial thought is that when I change it to open or closed I would still grip the club in the same spot as when it is neutral. But this is not the case. When the club is in neutral, the name "cobra" is straight down the middle of the shaft. When it is in closed or open, the name is totally so you definitely can't grip it the same way. I think I am having a hard time explaining what I am talking about.

It turns the clean head indeed. Then when the club is soled, the alteration of the angle should display the head as open or closed to what it looks like when it's neutral. If you do that and then just square the club back to neutral, then indeed, it's not doing anything.

BG.jpg

Yeah...that is what I am saying...that is what I thought should happen. However, if you adjust the position to either closed or open then it turns he club face 33 percent instead of a slight movement. I will take a picture of what I am talking about this weekend and post. Thanks.

Try gripping the club in the same spot as the neutral position. This should give you the desired open or closed position.

Eric

BG.jpg

I guess what I am saying is, my initial thought is that when I change it to open or closed I would still grip the club in the same spot as when it is neutral. But this is not the case. When the club is in neutral, the name "cobra" is straight down the middle of the shaft. When it is in closed or open, the name is totally so you definitely can't grip it the same way. I think I am having a hard time explaining what I am talking about.

I know what you mean. Unfortunately that's how it works with the Cobra clubs. Doing the adjustment literally rotates the shaft and the grip, and thus you end up not gripping it in the same place in the closed setting as a the neutral setting.

It's why a lot of the OEM's are using Tour Velvet 360's these days. The grip looks the same the whole way around so when the shaft and grip turn due to an adjustment, there's no visual reminder on the grip to reference it.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

So let's say I get past the fact that the grip is rotated now. When I turn the club head to closed or open, so I just grip it normal? What I mean is, the club head and rotated so I then rotate the shaft and grip. But basically what it appears like is everything is just turned and the club face is still square? Is the club head actually offset a little bit or something now or are their different weights that come into play? What I'm saying is, does something actually happen when I make the adjustment or why not just leave it in the neutral position and turn the club face in just a little bit or something?

I know what you mean. Unfortunately that's how it works with the Cobra clubs. Doing the adjustment literally rotates the shaft and the grip, and thus you end up not gripping it in the same place in the closed setting as a the neutral setting.

It's why a lot of the OEM's are using Tour Velvet 360's these days. The grip looks the same the whole way around so when the shaft and grip turn due to an adjustment, there's no visual reminder on the grip to reference it.

BG.jpg

Archived