Testers Wanted! Shot Scope V5 ×

New Titleist 712u Utility Irons, would you switch?

Looking at the new Titleist 712u Utility Irons, would you switch from your hybrid?

Construction •Forged, hollow utility iron with perimeter welded face –Forged 1025 steel body –Thin, high-strength, 455 steel face insert –Chrome plated, satin finish –Takes taper tip iron shaft Performance •Improved long iron platform –For the higher speed, forged blade player •Deeper CG provides… –More trajectory control (both high and low) –More stability/higher MOI vs. MB & CB (Slightly lower than AP2) •Improved ground interaction –Wider sole is effective for variety of attack angles –Radius sole for clean turf interaction •Front-to-back camber, heel-to-toe radius •Improved address profile –Preferred over cavity back long irons with more offset –Added confidence thru slightly larger profile vs MB/CB •Blade length and offset same as AP2 •Lofts and lengths same as MB, CB, AP2 •Lie angles +0.5°

- [email protected]

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

logo.jpg

Email: [email protected]

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

are these available for sale?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

are these available for sale?

On their way, yes.

Personally, no interest. The whole point of a hybrid over a long iron, at least to my mind, is extra height. I don't see this as anything more then a tweener option that most don't really need.

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

I have that Callaway X Utility Prototype 18°. I love it. Looks like Titleist had to jump in with Mizzy and Cally with the idea.

Personally, I like it better than a hybrid or 3w. I'm far more consistent with it. It's very easy to hit. I like long irons anyway though.

For someone who plays hybrids instead of long irons in their set, I would say no. But if you can hit long irons well, this type of club will be easy and reliable and get the ball flight up better. I haven't hit a hook with it yet which was my issue with the hybrids I've tried.

I just have the 2i equivalent. I wouldn't take my 3 and 4 irons out for one at this point. But if I started having issues with them I might. I use it off the tee on certain holes. It's more accurate than a hybrid.

Already have switched. But to Mizuno FLI HI.s I have been gaming the 2 and 4 iron for months and today I got the 3 iron. Did some shaft swapping and will have them on the course at 9:30 in the morning.

If I bagged Titleist irons I would be all over these at least to try.

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Looking at the new Titleist 712u Utility Irons, would you switch from your hybrid?

Construction •Forged, hollow utility iron with perimeter welded face –Forged 1025 steel body –Thin, high-strength, 455 steel face insert –Chrome plated, satin finish –Takes taper tip iron shaft Performance •Improved long iron platform –For the higher speed, forged blade player •Deeper CG provides… –More trajectory control (both high and low) –More stability/higher MOI vs. MB & CB (Slightly lower than AP2) •Improved ground interaction –Wider sole is effective for variety of attack angles –Radius sole for clean turf interaction •Front-to-back camber, heel-to-toe radius •Improved address profile –Preferred over cavity back long irons with more offset –Added confidence thru slightly larger profile vs MB/CB •Blade length and offset same as AP2 •Lofts and lengths same as MB, CB, AP2 •Lie angles +0.5°

- [email protected]

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Great looking Utility. Our DEMO arrives 4/15, available for pre-order. Our shipment will arrive mid-May.

- [email protected]

logo.jpg

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Definetly of interest to me, still not really happy with my "tweener" club. Love my current fairway wood and my irons but keep searching for the right club to fill the gap.

What's In the Bag

Driver - :callaway-small: GBB 

Hybrids  :cleveland-small: Halo XL Halo 18* & :cobra-small: T-Rail 20*

Irons  :cobra-small: T-Rail 2.0

Wedges :ping-small: 60* TS / SCOR 48* 53* 58*

Putter     :scotty-small:

Ball :callaway-logo-1:

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

If it can't outperform my TMag 2U utility based on the 09 TP irons (its a wide soles version of that iron that's off the tour van) with the Talamonti H100, not a chance. I murder that club all day long.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 weeks later...

We have the 2, 3, and 4 in this for our Sure-Fit system. After having a chance to hit them on the range, My opinion is that there are probably 5-10 people that I will see this YEAR that this club will fit. That being said, we will sell 10x that many. Easily. The 712U is flat out sexy in the bag, and that is what will end up selling this club to the 10-15 hcap who needs waaaay more help. Don't get me wrong. This club in the right hands will be amazing, but for most mere mortals, it will be a hindrance, not a help.

Driver - Ping G430 Max 9° | Ventus Blue TR 
Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 16° & 18° | GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 17° | AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7 MKII  4-Pw | TTDGTI S400, std length  1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

Putter -  L.A.B. Golf Link.1 | LA Golf P135 shaft | Garsen Quad Tour grip

We have the 2, 3, and 4 in this for our Sure-Fit system. After having a chance to hit them on the range, My opinion is that there are probably 5-10 people that I will see this YEAR that this club will fit. That being said, we will sell 10x that many. Easily. The 712U is flat out sexy in the bag, and that is what will end up selling this club to the 10-15 hcap who needs waaaay more help. Don't get me wrong. This club in the right hands will be amazing, but for most mere mortals, it will be a hindrance, not a help.

In that case, this mortal will continue his quest... As of yesterday, it looks like the slot in the bag will go to a Cleveland HB3 4 wood. ;)

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

In that case, this mortal will continue his quest... As of yesterday, it looks like the slot in the bag will go to a Cleveland HB3 4 wood. ;)

By all means, go and test it for yourself.... I just think that if you REALLY want one of these, wait a few months, and pick one up used for cheap...

Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX 6 Tour Rack 50° 54° 58° | TTDGTI S400, std length 1° flat

By all means, go and test it for yourself.... I just think that if you REALLY want one of these, wait a few months, and pick one up used for cheap...

I always do anymore, I haven't paid "retail" for clubs in a long time now. Can't really afford to and I'm much less of a "ho" than I used to be when I first started playing.

I'm actually pretty content with my setup, with the exception of a hybrid (for what to me, will fill the 165-175 yard range consistently). My 5i is right around 155-165 consistently and my 7w 175-180'ish. If I could find the 4i to match my Wilson Staff Di7 set, I'd buy that in a heartbeat but I don't think many of them were actually made. Since they're strong lofts, most sets sold appear to start with the 5i like I bought. :(

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

I always do anymore, I haven't paid "retail" for clubs in a long time now. Can't really afford to and I'm much less of a "ho" than I used to be when I first started playing.

I'm actually pretty content with my setup, with the exception of a hybrid (for what to me, will fill the 165-175 yard range consistently). My 5i is right around 155-165 consistently and my 7w 175-180'ish. If I could find the 4i to match my Wilson Staff Di7 set, I'd buy that in a heartbeat but I don't think many of them were actually made. Since they're strong lofts, most sets sold appear to start with the 5i like I bought. :(

Here you go:

http://www.ironfinder.com/Individual-Irons/wilson/staff_di7-07.htm

I laught at your claims to fight a zombie apocalypse when most of you can't stand up to a Spider

That is why I bought my Mizzy Fli Hi on eBay, I have the 2, 3 and 4 that I love and hit well all in like new condition, the center of the face has probably never touched a ball before I got it. And paid about $30-40 each for them.

BTW, when did you move to College Station, Texas?

:ping-small: G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small: G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small: G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:ping-small: G425 4H on :kbs: TGH 80S 

:ping-small: i525 5-U on :kbs: TGI 90S 

:titleist-small: SM8 54 & 60 on :kbs: Wedge 

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

That is why I bought my Mizzy Fli Hi on eBay, I have the 2, 3 and 4 that I love and hit well all in like new condition, the center of the face has probably never touched a ball before I got it. And paid about $30-40 each for them.

BTW, when did you move to College Station, Texas?

Texas. That's funny.

WOW!!! Thanks, I've been searching eBay for one of these for the past few weeks!

What's In the Bag

Bag Datrek DG Lite  

Archived