TESTERS WANTED! ×

Aerotech Golf Shafts, are you ready to switch?

With several Tour pros switching to Aerotech Steel Fiber Composite iron shafts, you have to ask yourself, are they for me? They offer various models from i70 to i125, each shaft has a high modulus graphite core and is wrapped with 59 miles of steel fiber as thin as a human hair. The result, excellent control just as dynamic golf steel, etc. Tour players include Brandt Snedeker, Matt Kuchar, Ryan Moore, Darren Clarke, Retief Goosen and Jack Nicklaus. Available at Fairwaygolfusa.com include i80, i95, Ami99, i110, and the i125. Their Claymore shafts have won the RE/MAX long drive championship. Are you ready to change to these composite shaft? A few of our staff members have switched and love them....

- wayne@fairwaygolf.com

pd_irons.jpg

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

I recently got fit for new irons. The fitter had these but I didn't hit them well at all. I still hit the Project X 6.0 the best. I'm a 12 HCP.

Driver: Callaway Epic Max LS 9.0*. (Oban Kiyoshi Purple 65)

FW: Cobra F9 3W (MC Diamana RF 60)
Hybrid:
Callaway Apex 19 2H (KBS - 85)

Hybrid: Callaway Apex 4H (MC - Kuro Kage 80 HY)
Irons: Callaway XR Steelhead 5I - AW (Project X 6.0 Steel)
Wedges: Callaway MD3 54* Standard; PM Grind 58* (Project X 5.5 Steel)
Putter: Odyssey Toulon - Atlanta (35")
Ball: Callaway Chrome Soft, Titleist Pro-V1, Whatever is in the Weeds
Resident of Southern California

The Aerotech shafts are composite cores wrapped with steel fiber(59 miles), where as the Recoil shafts are pure graphite. We believe that creates a harsher shaft than the Recoil shafts. Many of our customers are surprised that they fit into the i95 as opposed to the i110 or i125....Matt Kuchar and Brandt Snedeker play the i95 stiff. I thought the i110s are somewhat harsh, the i95s felt better....Is that what everybody's feeling?

logo.jpg

Email: CS@fairwaygolfusa.com

www.FairwayGolfUSA.com

Locations in San Diego and Mountain View, California

I have i 95's in the irons I've been playing that I am currently trying to sell. I liked the way they felt and I liked the launch characteristics of the shafts. I was having trouble with the heads. I would also say that they were easier on my wrists and elbows than the steel shafts I had been playing. I want to get new custom fit irons when I have the money and I want to try the shafts again and make sure I am fit for them perfectly. I got regulars because I hear they play stiff to flex and I think they were a little too light for me. I played PX 5.5's for years before the steelfibers.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

I've been using the i80 for several years. Consistent, soft feel.

As to harshness, I don't feel it, but I do understand. The Aerotechs tend to run fairly firm to flex and unless your club maker knows that, you may end up with a shaft that does not fit you and can account for any "harshness" you may feel - which is the result of an ill fitted club.

I'm starting to prescribe to the 'ascending weight shaft' theory and I see that the AeroTech Player Spec shafts have that ascending weights.

3JACK

Author of Pro Golf Synopsis. The Moneyball approach to golf strategy and analysis.Driver: Wishon 919THI, 10° loft, UST Mamiya VTS Red 7x, 44-3/8” long, 2,825 kg/cm^2 MOIGONZO WOOD: confidential2-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 17° loft, 40-7/8" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)3-Hybrid: Mizuno Fli-HiCLK, 20° loft, 40" KBS Tour Hybrid shaft (stiff)4-6 iron: Wishon 575MMC (CB)7-PW: Wishon 575MMC (MB)SW: Edel Golf driver grind, 52° loft, 16° bounce, Nippon WV 125 shaft.LW: Edel Golf Digger Grind, 60° loft, 27° bounce, Nippon WV 125 ShaftPutter: Edel Golf Columbia Custom Made, 35" long, 72° lie angle, 3° loft. Ball: Titleist Pro V1xGrips: PURE Grips P2 Wrap (red)Shoes: FootJoy Dry-Joy (black, size 14)3Jack's Golf Blog - http://3jack.blogspot.com

Well I'm the one trying to buy the irons that Rickles is trying to sell. I'm very anxious to try these shafts. The concept is ideal when you think about it particularly for a good player who's getting older and having lots of joint issues. I love the fact that I can hit balls with graphite without it hurting but I don't like the way I occasionally loose control of the trajectory on my shots.

I'm hoping to hear from others who use these shafts here.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I was actually considering a steelfiber for my hybrid but didn't see an x flex available. At least not thru Golfworks.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

Good luck with the x flex. If Kutchar and Snedecker only use a stiff you must be really long or have an incredibly quick transition. I'd go to a fitter and check. They play very firm on flex.

It's all about the short game, unless you can't keep it in play!

What's in my Bag:
Driver: Adams Speedline Super LS 10.5 with Excalibur T7+ tour stiff shaft
3 Wood: Adams Speedline Super LS 13 degree with Excalibur TFW Tour stiff shaft
Hybrid: Nickent 6DT 19 degree Aldilla Voodoo NV Stiff shaft
Irons: 4-9 KZG Tour Evolution with Nippon N.S. Pro Modus 3 tour 120 x flex shafts
Wedges:49 degree Dave Pelz wedge with a Nippon N.S. Pro Modus tour 120 x flex shaft. 54,64 Dave Pelz wedges with Rifle spinner shafts 59 Degree Scor wedge with rifle spinner shaft.
Putter: Bentinardi Ben Hogan Big Ben Center shafted 33 inches with best grips custom pistol putter grip.

Ball: Titleist Pro V1X, Callaway Hex Chrome +

Feel is very subjective...

I thought they played incredibly weak And hated them. I played exactly one round of golf with mine then went home, pulled the shaft out of the pitching wedge ( then went crap because I ruined it forgetting they were graphite). Then Went to my club guy the next day to get them pulled.

Some people swear by them, they were not for me. I was looking for something easier on the joints but I'm a dgx100 guy and these are polar opposites. At least they were for me!

I thought they played incredibly weak And hated them. I played exactly one round of golf with mine then went home, pulled the shaft out of the pitching wedge ( then went crap because I ruined it forgetting they were graphite). Then Went to my club guy the next day to get them pulled.

Some people swear by them, they were not for me. I was looking for something easier on the joints but I'm a dgx100 guy and these are polar opposites. At least they were for me!

I'm with you on the dgx100's love them in my irons and ended up going Kbs hybrid instead for my new clubhead. After hearing you say these are polar opposites I'm glad I stayed away. But still want to try em out.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

I understand but am not talking about feel - I've talked with three reputable club makers who install a lot of Aerotech shafts - they state that the numbers reflect the Aerotechs play firm to flex (except for senior flex). From what I understand, it helps to have experience building with these shafts. At the same time they're not for everyone. If they were, we wouldn't have many choices out there.

Archived