Whose swing do you have?

Our Sponsors

In my mind, I envision a swing like Tiger Woods. On video, it looks like a monkey attempting to screw a basketball......

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

In my mind, I envision a swing like Tiger Woods. On video, it looks like a monkey attempting to screw a basketball......

I probably shouldn't ever play a round with you then, I try to forget about work when I play and that image reminds me WAY too much of management! :P

What's In The Bag

Driver :titelist-small:

Titleist 913 D2 10.5* (set to 9.75* / Neutral) 46" Paderson KINETIXX Kevlar Green - R

Fairway Wood

Tom Wishon 949 MC 16.5* Fujikura Speeder 569-A

Hybrid  :cleveland-small: Hibore 22* Aldila VS Proto Blue

Irons  :ping-small: G series 5-P

Wedges :ping-small:Glide 54* SS / 60* TS - SCOR 53*

Putter     :nike-small: Nike Method 001 / P2 Reflex grip 35"

Ball

Master Grip Tour C4

Bag

Datrek DG Lite  

I have seen a lot of swings over the years, one thing stays the same... What people FEEL / THINK they are doing is drastically different from what is actually happening.

I am personally a Hybrid-plane which would be like the following players roughly:

Greg Norman, Adam Scott, Tiger Woods (with Butch), Byron Nelson

While I've never tried to copy anyone's swing, after seeing it on video, it sort of reminds me of Jack Nicklaus. Just because of the hip turn and leg drive I do (which I'm actually trying to reduce).

It certainly doesn't remind me of his swing because of the results! Haha! I haven't analyzed his swing to compare mine to or anything. I just had the mental image of how his legs and hips moved so much compared to most.

Well Nicklaus had a two-plane swing model with a lot of lift in the arms, the lateral slide / leg drive he had in transition was to get the hands to drop without the hips rotating. If you have lift in your arms to the top of the backswing you have to counter that in the downswing transition with lateral slide in the hips.

If the hips rotate first in a hybrid or two-plane swing model then you'll get the club stuck behind you and result in flipping the club (pushes, hooks when not timed well), or the shoulders rotate open resulting in pulls or pulls slices.

Just thought I would comment that maybe completely killing the leg drive is a bad thing for you, I can't recall what swing model I thought you had last time you posted a video. I do remember that it has some lift so I want to say either a Hybrid or two-plane model?

KZG VC-420 ML (10.5* Loft & 0.2* Open Face Angle) @ 44.50" (2" Bore Depth) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD DI-7 Stiff

Tour Edge Exotics CB3 Tour 16.5* @ 42.50" w/ RT Technologies Zeus (85g) Stiff (Tipped 1/2")

Srixon Z U45 19.0* @ 39.75" w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 MB 3-P @ 38.75" - 35.25" (0.25" under), 60.5* - 64.0* (0.5* upright), 22* - 48* (1* weak) w/ KBS Tour-V X-Stiff (Soft Stepped 1x)

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 54-12 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Cleveland 588 RTX 2.0 Black Satin (Blade) 60-10 @ 35.25", 64.00* w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold s400

Lamkin UTX Wrap, Including Grip Core: 1/32 over (top hand), 1/16 over (bottom hand)

Srixon Z-Star

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

Well Nicklaus had a two-plane swing model with a lot of lift in the arms, the lateral slide / leg drive he had in transition was to get the hands to drop without the hips rotating. If you have lift in your arms to the top of the backswing you have to counter that in the downswing transition with lateral slide in the hips.

If the hips rotate first in a hybrid or two-plane swing model then you'll get the club stuck behind you and result in flipping the club (pushes, hooks when not timed well), or the shoulders rotate open resulting in pulls or pulls slices.

Just thought I would comment that maybe completely killing the leg drive is a bad thing for you, I can't recall what swing model I thought you had last time you posted a video. I do remember that it has some lift so I want to say either a Hybrid or two-plane model?

Thanks JM. Yea, not trying to kill the leg drive so much. I had been letting my hips turn too much. I had started moving to the right and even getting my weight to the outside of my foot which I never used to do. I've been getting myself back to where I had been finally, doing much better now. I'll record my swing again one of these days and post it again.

Thanks again,

Blade

• 4 years later...

I think this is a fun topic to revive.

I was gonna say Ernie only because everyone compares me to him. He's taken though..... Hmm. Maybe just Ernie mixed with Zach Johnson with the short finish.

#throwbackthursday

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Honestly I think I have a Daly or Craig Stadler. Guess it's a belly thing hahaha

Tazz

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons