SHOW OFF! - How Do You Mark Your Balls?

Our Sponsors

I don’t remember seeing anything like this, maybe a few years ago we did something like this. 

So how do you mark your golf ball. Anyone mark them like this. I don’t have a photo of mine. I am currently trying to come up with a good. I really want to make my own, but I don’t want to spend 100 bucks on Tin cup to have one made. Anyway. How do y’all mark ‘em

6D338482-6C1F-4E79-9446-C6AF146D6A95.jpeg

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Three crosses above and to the right of the brand logo. Color doesn’t really matter but I’ve always used that same mark. Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

If it makes you feel better, this was like 4 different threads all merged.  Very good topic so it's good to have all the discussions together. Great history with lots of unique ideas. 

My daughter saw me marking balls (3 green dots below the number) - "ohhhh, coool! Can I draw on your golf ball dad?" Sure, why not. For those that know.... you know. For those that don't, it

Posted Images

I just started highlighting the number

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Titleist 917D2 10.5

Mizuno JPX EZ 3W, 14U

Cobra Fly-Z Hybrid 18.5

Titleist 816 H1 23

PING G30 5-PW

Cleveland RTX 3.0 50/10 V-MG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 54/14  V-FG

Cleveland RTX 3.0 58/12 V -FG

EVNROLL ER-3

A black dot, widely spaced, on each side of the number on both sides of the ball.  If I have to hit a provisional, and don't have a different number handy, I'll add a dot just below the number.  

:titelist-small: Irons Titleist AP2 714, KBS Tour S, 3 flat

:callaway-small: Rogue SubZero, GD YS-Six X

:vokey-small: 52, 56, and 60 wedges

:ping-small: B60 G5i putter

Right handed

Reston, Virginia

Either with a Line-Up line or just a dot to the right of the number, depending on my mood.  I tend to use different color markers to distinguish one from another.  Even when I use a line, I don't always line up my putt with the line -- it's more to identify my ball.  When I buy a dozen balls, I dump them all into the box lid, mark them, then put them back in the individual boxes with a different numbered ball in each box of 3

Driver: :ping-small: G400 Max 9 degree Alta CB55 Stiff shaft 

Hybrids: :taylormade-small: M6 --- 3 (19 degrees), 4 (22 degrees), and 5 (25 degrees) Atmos shaft R

Irons: :callaway-small:Apex CF19 6-9, PW, AW KBS Tour Graphite  70g shafts R

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX-2 52*, 56*, 60* wedges.  Stock shafts.

Putter: :odyssey-small: Stroke Lab 7S

Ball: :Snell: MTB-X

My Photography can be seen at Smugmug

I have an American flag Tin Cup that I was given, so I pretty much use that.  I'm awful with it, though.  There seem to be a lot of runs in the ink, no matter what I try.0403192147-01.jpeg.15a009cb67784e70076caa697a71f4a7.jpeg

• Like 3

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:cleveland-small: Halo 3h

PGF Southpaw 7W

:ping-small:  Eye 2  5-SW  or

:wilson-small: C200 5 - AW

:cleveland-small:  Oil Can 56* and 60*

:rife-putters-1:  2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Three crosses above and to the right of the brand logo. Color doesn’t really matter but I’ve always used that same mark.

• Like 3

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

6 hours ago, Kor.A.Door said:

I don’t remember seeing anything like this, maybe a few years ago we did something like this. 

3 minutes ago, Kor.A.Door said:

Well, it seems like this topic comes up at the beginning of every year. Then fizzles our, and gets ressurected the next year. Nice. 

If it makes you feel better, this was like 4 different threads all merged.  Very good topic so it's good to have all the discussions together. Great history with lots of unique ideas. 

• Like 3

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+
.......tracked by :Arccos:

:ping-small: G410 Plus: Tensei Orange
:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 FW: Tensei Blue

:cobra-small: King F7 3/4 Hy: Fujikura Pro
:ping-small: i500 5-GW: Modus3 105
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60: KBS Tour 90
:MLA: Tour Classic Black w/ :P2-grips-logo:

1 hour ago, GolfSpy STUDque said:

I actually went back and read some of the posts from 2010, I joined somewhere around 2011-2012 I think. So it was cool to read posts from a few folks that aren’t around anymore 

• Like 2

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

One of our Saturday game golfers gave me a template to mark my balls. So I chose the . So right now, all the balls in m6 inventory have the American Flag on them.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Driver: Tour Edge Exotics EXS w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrids: Tour Edge CBX 119 4H(22*)  with Project X Evenflo regular shaft Irons: Wilson Staff D7 5 - PW w/Recoil 460 regular shafts Wedges: Wilson D7 GW(50*) & SW(54*) w/Recoil 460 regular shafts; Cleveland RTX Zipcore(58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Slotline SSi 693 mid mallet Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).

single red dot beside the number. stands out but doesnt clutter my ball.

• Like 1

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Still using the blue roo.

• Like 1

In the bag:
Driver: :taylormade-small: M5 Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Fairway: Sub 70 939X 15° Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Hybrid: :755178188_TourEdge: CBX 119 19° hybrid Project X Even Flow Blue 6.0
Irons: :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged 4-GW Project X Catalyst 80 6.0
Wedge: :cleveland-small: Smartsole S
Putter :yes-small: Tracy
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls::Snell: MTB-X or Black

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the Queen🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

11 hours ago, Middler said:

I'd post a pic, but then someone might copy it. So far I haven't seen anyone else with the same scheme as I use...

My mate has exactly the same as you 😮😜

• Like 2

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I actually went back and read some of the posts from 2010, I joined somewhere around 2011-2012 I think. So it was cool to read posts from a few folks that aren’t around anymore 

Pretty sure I remember that one, I wanna say I still use the same mark but might have to go back and look. Could be interesting...

In the bag
Driver: Callaway Rogue Subzero 9.5 Stiff flex
3 wood: Callaway Rogue Subzero 15 degree
Hybrids: 17 degree titleist 816 h2
Irons: Ben Hogan Ptx 22-46 degree (4-pw)stiff flex standard lie
Wedges: Callaway Mac Daddy 4 50,54,58 degrees
Putter: Odyssey EXO seven

Gig’em Aggies!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

... I have been marking mine the same way forever.

aBalls.jpg.4ff509ac0bd1e2b33dc24569b19c7b2f.jpg

• Like 2

Driver:   TaylorMade SIM Max ... Diamana Limited 55R
Utility:   Callaway Super Hybrid 17*   ... Diamana Limited 65R
               TaylorMade DHy 19* ... Diamana Limited 65R
Irons:    4-Gw Titleist T100-S ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Wedges:  SM6 52* F Grind ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
                 SM7D & SM8M 58* ... Steelfiber 95 r-flex
Putter:  Newport 2.5 at 33.5"
Ball:  TaylorMade TP5

Blue ink on white balls, black ink on yellow. A for Addison and T for Thomas (my munchkins) on each side of the number on both sides. Always mark one ball with same letters only on one side in case on the emergency provisional. Also have THEZIPR imprinted on them. 

• Like 2

:taylormade-small:             SIM 9.5* (GD XC 6X) 

:taylormade-small:             SIM 15* (GD DI 7X) 

:taylormade-small:             2 DHY (GD DI HY8X)

:srixon-small:                     Z585 4-5 (KBS C Taper S)

:srixon-small:                     Z785 6-PW (KBS C Taper S)

:titelist-small:                     Vokey  SM8 49 08 F ( KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titelist-small:                      Vokey SM8 59 04 L   (KBS 610)

:bettinardi-1:                Studio Stock 28 Slotback 33.5"

:bridgestone-small:       Tour BX

:Arccos:

Twitter         @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

Until we get the MGS test results, I’m going to continue with the leftover ProV1x stock from last season.

Every ball gets one yellow dot on the side where the ProV1x line is to the right. I started using yellow in 1999 when I learned how David Duval marks his in a WITB special. Been working well for me ever since.

Oh, and I don’t use #2 balls. They’re bad luck.

IMG_5162.thumb.JPG.45e8e0755ad53aa4ca7fd4014dafcce4.JPG

• Like 1
  • PING G400 LST 8.5 Evenflow Black 65g 6.5
  • PING G 3W HZRDUS Yellow 75g 6.0
  • Mizuno HMB MP20 3i Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Ben Hogan PTx Combo Nippon Modus 3 120S
  • Maltby TSW 52, 58 Nippon Modus Wedge
  • Bettinardi BB8 Wide
  • Oncore Elixr

Rochester, NY

5.6 Index

My markings are for identification and less for putting. I always put my initials on my balls in light green sharpie. 1556599831222.jpeg

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:    :ping-small: i20 8.5*, Project X Blue, stiff

Fairway Woods:   :taylormade-small: r9 3W 15*, r9 5W 19* Fujikura Motore 70 stiff

Irons:    :ping-small: i210's 4-UW

Wedges:  :ping-small: Glide 2.0 55* :callaway-small: MD3 Milled S Grind 60* 

Putter:    :ping-small: B60i Isopur

My daughter saw me marking balls (3 green dots below the number) - "ohhhh, coool! Can I draw on your golf ball dad?" Sure, why not.

For those that know.... you know.

For those that don't, its the TriForce from Legend of Zelda games.

(I mark my balls when she's not around now)

IMG_20190330_161210.jpg

• Like 3

Driver - :ping-small: G400 LST

3W & 4H - Orlimar High Energy 2

Irons - :cobra-small:F7 OL (5I - GW)

Wedges -  Top Flight Gamer Tour 52* 56* 60*

Putter - Orlimar HE2

Balls - Vice Pro

Have used this for years.Ever so often,one of my playing partners will reach into his bag and toss me one of my balls that he found somewhere on a course.2019-05-04%2010.16.59.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G900V using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 2

Driver :cobra-small: King F6 matrix White Tie shaft

3 Wood : :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 15* Matrix Ozik X-con5

5 wood :taylormade-small: Rocketballz 19* Matrix Ozik X-con5

Hybrid :taylormade-small: Burner 3H , :cobra-small: King F7 4-5 hybrid

Irons  6-PW :cobra-small:  King Cobra SZ

wedges  :cleveland-small: CG16 52*,56*

Putter :odyssey-small:  Sabertooth

Ball :srixon-small: Tour yellow Q Star or :callaway-small: Chrome Soft yellow/black Truvis