Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

I just bought a adams Xtd FW it's a 14.5 degree and I only bought it because I heard they were stupid long and I wanted to see for my self. It has the Fubuki ax 65 S in it and I can't not chili dip this thing! My normal FW is a R11 with a Bimatrix S flex and rarely mis hit it my question is should I try a bimatrix shaft in the adams or just let it go? What do you think?

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

Couldnt hurt to try the shaft before throwing in the white flag

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Couldnt hurt to try the shaft before throwing in the white flag

Thanks Theoo I for some reason just can't do anything but chili dip it. I can go to the range and hit my R11 nice then switch to the XTD and who wants Chili?

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I'm not really sure why this is in the Golf Lessons, Mental Game & Fitness Tips section?

You are asking about equipment not why you are chilli dipping the club you are asking about shafts?

Anyways, I know that the 14.5* in the Adams XTD is 43.5" I'm not sure what the R11 happens to be in the loft that you have it could be 43.00" so the issue could be something like length and/or weight between the two clubs. Have you had the specs checked on both of them to see if they are roughly the same?

Callaway Epic Max 12.0 (-1/N) @ 44.50" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-7 Stiff

Callaway Epic Speed 18.0* @ 42.75" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ-8 Stiff

Callaway Mavrik Pro 23.0* @ 40.00" w/ Graphite Design Tour AD IZ 95 HYB Stiff

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

Callaway MD5 Raw 51-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 55-13 X-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 59-11 S-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Callaway MD5 Raw 63-09 C-Grind w/ Nippon Modus 125 Wedge

Golf Swing & Putting -- Bruce Rearick (Burnt Edges Consulting)

I'm not really sure why this is in the Golf Lessons, Mental Game & Fitness Tips section?

You are asking about equipment not why you are chilli dipping the club you are asking about shafts?

Anyways, I know that the 14.5* in the Adams XTD is 43.5" I'm not sure what the R11 happens to be in the loft that you have it could be 43.00" so the issue could be something like length and/or weight between the two clubs. Have you had the specs checked on both of them to see if they are roughly the same?

Sorry about the wrong section. I guess I was looking for any imput on the situation. So Sorry again. I have not had the spec checked on either club they seem both to be about the same length. And the R11 is marked 15 degrees I know that means very little. So JMiller do you think that' the different shaft could be causing the Chili Dip or is it more likely a weight thing? I know with our seeing my swing or having the Spec it would be a hard call but I am just wondering.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

No it's fine, I was just completely confused as to the question your were after getting answered.

Well it could be a combination of equipment and swing flaw. Without eliminating one or the other I can't tell you one way or the other what it might be.

I would suspect a swing flaw more then equipment issues but it could be an equipment issue causing the flaw.

Sub-70 639 Combo (5-P) w/ Nippon Modus 3 125 Stiff, Standard Length, Weak Lofts (27-47, 4* gaps)

No it's fine, I was just completely confused as to the question your were after getting answered.

Well it could be a combination of equipment and swing flaw. Without eliminating one or the other I can't tell you one way or the other what it might be.

I would suspect a swing flaw more then equipment issues but it could be an equipment issue causing the flaw.

Thanks I will do some more research on my end I will say that when I hit the R11 it just feels right and the XTD feels weird I should stop being a Ho and use what feels right.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question

Dan Walker.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

I should stop being a Ho and use what feels right.

Dan Walker.

Easier said than done :lol:

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Easier said than done :lol:

How True!!!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Check out the swing weight oo. the R11 is most likely heavier. The length could hurt a touch but normally you would make some adjsutment to it (stance or in swing). Try choking down a half inch to inch and see fi that works if so it's deifitnely the length. if not most likely its the weight fo the club. you wouldn't think a couple swing points would do that but it is definitely possible

As for Hoing don't ever quite no one likes a quiter anyways. I have been scouringhte net for soemthing between my strong 3w and my 3 hyrid 13* and 19* to see if I can add antoher optionoff the tee. needless to say the adams rwite up for the new LS had me looking hard at one of those. here I had a 325 shaft sitting in my trunk with my old RBZ 1 14.5 head. sOOOOOO

instead of spending more money for once (I am getting much wiser at 35) I decides to take my RBZ 2 cranks it to 16* and the xcon shaft to my RBZ 1 at 1 inch longer and presto!!!! another hot options off the tee and a 3w that allows me to attack longer par fives. this addition was especially nice when I had the tweener yardage of 225 didn't want to baby a 3w or try to crank a 3 hybrid it fit perfect

ANYWAYS as JIMMY V SAID DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

Check out the swing weight oo. the R11 is most likely heavier. The length could hurt a touch but normally you would make some adjsutment to it (stance or in swing). Try choking down a half inch to inch and see fi that works if so it's deifitnely the length. if not most likely its the weight fo the club. you wouldn't think a couple swing points would do that but it is definitely possible

As for Hoing don't ever quite no one likes a quiter anyways. I have been scouringhte net for soemthing between my strong 3w and my 3 hyrid 13* and 19* to see if I can add antoher optionoff the tee. needless to say the adams rwite up for the new LS had me looking hard at one of those. here I had a 325 shaft sitting in my trunk with my old RBZ 1 14.5 head. sOOOOOO

instead of spending more money for once (I am getting much wiser at 35) I decides to take my RBZ 2 cranks it to 16* and the xcon shaft to my RBZ 1 at 1 inch longer and presto!!!! another hot options off the tee and a 3w that allows me to attack longer par fives. this addition was especially nice when I had the tweener yardage of 225 didn't want to baby a 3w or try to crank a 3 hybrid it fit perfect

ANYWAYS as JIMMY V SAID DON'T EVER GIVE UP!!!!!!

Thanks man I will have the SW checked and go from there thanks for you response!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

If you are going to check swing weight check the other specifications as well at the same time on both clubs, why not :)

~ Length

~ Shaft CPM (Butt stiffness)

~ Shaft profile (kick point / torque rating)

If they are both practically the same in the above then I'm not sure if it's the equipment and then it might be something else going on to cause the chilli dips.

barring you have the equipment to do so in house. the swing weight can be calcualted through a handy website and obtaining the balance point which may be a little easier. I do agree that all specs should be checked but I don't think kickpoint/CPM would caus ethe club to be bottoming out for chili dips. weight and length would have a more pronoucesd influcence. just my $.02 maybe I am wrong

barring you have the equipment to do so in house. the swing weight can be calcualted through a handy website and obtaining the balance point which may be a little easier. I do agree that all specs should be checked but I don't think kickpoint/CPM would caus ethe club to be bottoming out for chili dips. weight and length would have a more pronoucesd influcence. just my $.02 maybe I am wrong

So what you are saying this that true stiffness of a shaft, shaft droop, shaft profile can't create a miss-hit?

It is my opinion that you have to eliminate that possibility. A number of things can change ball flight and cause mishits outside of swing weight. I will politely disagree with that statement why else would custom fitting benefit 90% or more of the golfers out there?

I will have everything checked just for sh*ts and giggles it was an impulse buy so it may just get returned any way thanks for everyone's imput.

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

No saying that hitting the ground first wouldn't be much caused by the droop mishits yes but hitting the ground first I would think not but I am no scientist or aspire to be one either. just saying I would think the weighting and length would have more of an effect over the others when chilli dipping, hitting the ground first, remember he is not doing this with another club when swung side by side so its a direct comparison to that club in which i am drawing conclusions. I wouldnt' thinkt he proifles in both shafts would be that far removed from each other but then agian its possible

fsav, no you are correct in the since the weight do have an effect on the shaft.

With the same shaft a heavier head weight will get the shaft bending slightly more then a lighter shaft (amount of load).

With the same weight head a softer shaft will bend more then a stiffer one.

So I'm not 100% sure where to point the finger. That was way I recommended just checking everything.

Maybe the swing-weight comes out D2 on both, but one shaft is say 255CPM where the other is 260CPM they are going to play differently as the shaft profiles / flex are not the same.

Sorry if I wasn't clear before.

Okay I hate to jump in here but isn't the correct term for chili dipping a fairway wood a drop kick? That's what I've always called it - its a chili dip when it's a chip/pitch, a chunk when its a full iron and a drop kick when it's a wood. That's how it was when I lived in CT, in Indiana and also here in Florida as well.

I'm not sure of the termonology for a hybrid - I go with chunk because I use hybrids to replace irons - I think you go with drop kick if you use them to replace fairway woods. :) :) :)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Good to know Rev I alway thought it was a chili Dip regardless of club

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Good to know Rev I alway thought it was a chili Dip regardless of club

You do realize I was kidding - who cares what it's called it sucks.

When you don't often swear you have to color up the rest of your on course vocabularly for emphasis. ;)

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

You do realize I was kidding - who cares what it's called it sucks.

When you don't often swear you have to color up the rest of your on course vocabularly for emphasis. ;)

Haha ya I get it now! Well done rev!

MY BAG-

All Left Handed!

Okay I hate to jump in here but isn't the correct term for chili dipping a fairway wood a drop kick? That's what I've always called it - its a chili dip when it's a chip/pitch, a chunk when its a full iron and a drop kick when it's a wood. That's how it was when I lived in CT, in Indiana and also here in Florida as well.

I'm not sure of the termonology for a hybrid - I go with chunk because I use hybrids to replace irons - I think you go with drop kick if you use them to replace fairway woods. :) :) :)

Drop kick if the ball still goes futher than 125 chili dip if you lay the sod over completly AHAHA

I agree with your principles but regardless it does SUCK BUTT!

Archived