New TM Penta 5 Layer Ball

Jballmn

Don't know if my 105 swing speed could compress the core enough. Would try them but they are $15ish a sleeve. Maybe they will do some kind of demo sleeve give-a-way like wilson and cally do.

Too many layers to compress. I'm not sure if my swing can handle the ball.

Titleist 909 D2 10.5 s

TM Burner TP 13 deg r

TM R7 16 deg r

Callaway 3 Ibrid 19 deg r

Epon 701 4-PW s

Gauge Design 52, 56 deg s

TM Inza

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't know if my 105 swing speed could compress the core enough. Would try them but they are $15ish a sleeve. Maybe they will do some kind of demo sleeve give-a-way like wilson and cally do.

Yikes... $15 a sleeve?? That ball is $35.99 a doz at my shop. $60 a doz is extortion.

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S
Fairway - :srixon-small: ZX  3 wd. Ventus VeloCore Blue S

Hybrid - :srixon-small: ZX 18° GD Tour IZ S

2 Iron - :srixon-small: ZU65 18° AeroTech SteelFiber 110icw S

Irons -  :srixon-small: ZX7  Aerotech SteelFiber 110icw  4-Pw 1° flat
Wedges - :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Raw 50° 54° 58°  TTGDTI S400 1° flat

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

Yikes... $15 a sleeve?? That ball is $35.99 a doz at my shop. $60 a doz is extortion.

This was at Woodcreek GC in Roseville. Probably the day they hit the shelves. I think that it may have been an "off the top of the head" price when I asked.

I really never asked again and stayed in my B330RX happy-place.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

This was at Woodcreek GC in Roseville. Probably the day they hit the shelves. I think that it may have been an "off the top of the head" price when I asked.

I really never asked again and stayed in my B330RX happy-place.

Seriously, at my shop the B330RX and the Penta are the same price. Pro v1's are 39.00 all day long. NEVER pay $15 a sleeve for anything, unless it is a sleeve of SNPA's...

Driver - :taylormade-small:   SIM2 Max 9° Tour MT 6-S   or   :srixon-small: ZX 7 9.5° Ventus VeloCore Blue S

Putters -   Cameron Phantom 5x/Odyssey Toulon Stroke Lab Austin/Odyssey 2 Ball DFX/ TaylorMade Spider
Tour Black/Ping Anser F/Scotty Cameron TeI3 Sole Stamp Newport 2. All with different grips, weights, and lengths.

• SPY VIP

Seriously, at my shop the B330RX and the Penta are the same price. Pro v1's are 39.00 all day long. NEVER pay $15 a sleeve for anything, unless it is a sleeve of SNPA's...

At this point, I think that it will be difficult moving away from the bridgestone. Not real sure why they need two models this year though. I would think that such a radical change in packaging would hurt recognition. New box looks like the other bridgestone offerings.

Volvo Intorqueo

At this point, I think that it will be difficult moving away from the bridgestone. Not real sure why they need two models this year though. I would think that such a radical change in packaging would hurt recognition. New box looks like the other bridgestone offerings.

I just got my hands on 2 of the new B330RX balls. B330RX and B330RXS. I plan on giving them a trial run here on Thursday if the weather holds. From what I've been told, the RXS is a bit softer and designed for slower swingspeeds than the RX. We shall see.

• SPY VIP

I just got my hands on 2 of the new B330RX balls. B330RX and B330RXS. I plan on giving them a trial run here on Thursday if the weather holds. From what I've been told, the RXS is a bit softer and designed for slower swingspeeds than the RX. We shall see.

So one of the new 330rx models is still like last year's model? That is good to hear.

Volvo Intorqueo

So one of the new 330rx models is still like last year's model? That is good to hear.

It is.. I think that Bstone just changed something in the mantle?? I can't really tell you the specifics without doing a little more research. but the new RX is supposed to be a replacement for the old RX.

We're they dipped in gold? Somebody had to have marked them wrong...

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Had some great weather and perfect course conditions today....WOW, those Penta's sure can zip!!

Hey, easy with that! Hasn't anyone ever told you that its poor form to brag about good fortune? The snow is still not completely melted here yet. LOL.

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Hey, easy with that! Hasn't anyone ever told you that its poor form to brag about good fortune? The snow is still not completely melted here yet. LOL.

My wife said something last night about there possibly being snow on the ground this week. I laughed and Laughed... It's never gonna happen. It will rain..... ALOT, and be 38*, but no snow.

Snow? :D

(65 and sunny for the round this thursday. Viva Cali!)

I thought that California was bankrupt?? or was falling into the ocean??

I think anyone using anything but the pro v one is awesome in my book go against the norm ppl try some new things, sometimes ppl get in the habit or branding mind to what they have to have. Sure a few years ago th pro v one was cream of crop and now ppl have made just as good if not better balls today to put against the pro v one.

Im very interested in this remember first time i hit a 4 piece ball now a 5 when will it stop ?

Andrew Bush da lefty of the forum.

Cleveland DST Tour 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard.

Nike Sasquatch 4 wood with diamana blue.

Nike Sasquatch 3 hybrid with diamana hybrid shaft

Callaway x forged 4-pw with prject x flighted 6.0

Callaway x forged 52 and 56 chrome

Callaway x forged 60 vintage

Odyssey white hot tour number 5.

Nike one platinum soon to be nike tour running out of the platinums!!!!!!!

I think anyone using anything but the pro v one is awesome in my book go against the norm ppl try some new things, sometimes ppl get in the habit or branding mind to what they have to have. Sure a few years ago th pro v one was cream of crop and now ppl have made just as good if not better balls today to put against the pro v one.

Im very interested in this remember first time i hit a 4 piece ball now a 5 when will it stop ?

7? I don't like the ball because it is a 5 piece, I like it because it works for me.

I think anyone using anything but the pro v one is awesome in my book go against the norm ppl try some new things, sometimes ppl get in the habit or branding mind to what they have to have.

Tried pretty much every single ball out there, and I believe the Pro V is hands down the best ball out there... Yes, there is little to no difference between a lot of the top balls, but its about what you feel most comfortable with, and after years and years of playing Pro V's, I don't plan on changing anytime soon

Tried pretty much every single ball out there, and I believe the Pro V is hands down the best ball out there... Yes, there is little to no difference between a lot of the top balls, but its about what you feel most comfortable with, and after years and years of playing Pro V's, I don't plan on changing anytime soon

+1 For me very similar results over the years. Ever since the Pro V1 and the ProV1X has come out it's been the best ball for me as well. I've tried many other balls to see if there may be a better ball for my game but there wasn't. The only ball that I can say came close was last years Srixon Z Star and TM RED, if anything I'd get the leftover TM reds at like 20-25 a dz. and play them if your looking for cheap but great ball. But once again there wasn't anything significant for me to change balls. I'm always willing to give any ball a shot to replace the Pro V1X, it just hasn't happened yet. I will give the TM Penta a fair shot as I like the way it feels, so far I've only chipped it around the house. Don't know how it plays, but the dozen I have will get a serious run through. I like the feel of a softer ball and this ball has that soft cover feel if you know what I mean? Like if you take a Cally iX or a B-Stone B330 and bounce that off a wedge and then you take a prov 1x it's night and day. The V1x has a softer cover feel. that's something I like when it comes to putting and chipping. When it comes to distance I haven't hit anything as consistent. That's just how it's been, but I'm excited about this Penta!

Tim

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

7's the key number here. Think about it. 7-Elevens. 7 dwarves. 7, man, that's the number. 7 chipmunks twirlin' on a branch, eatin' lots of sunflowers on my uncle's ranch. You know that old children's tale from the sea. It's like you're dreamin' about Gorgonzola cheese when it's clearly Brie time, baby. Step into my office.

+1 For me very similar results over the years. Ever since the Pro V1 and the ProV1X has come out it's been the best ball for me as well. I've tried many other balls to see if there may be a better ball for my game but there wasn't. The only ball that I can say came close was last years Srixon Z Star and TM RED, if anything I'd get the leftover TM reds at like 20-25 a dz. and play them if your looking for cheap but great ball. But once again there wasn't anything significant for me to change balls. I'm always willing to give any ball a shot to replace the Pro V1X, it just hasn't happened yet. I will give the TM Penta a fair shot as I like the way it feels, so far I've only chipped it around the house. Don't know how it plays, but the dozen I have will get a serious run through. I like the feel of a softer ball and this ball has that soft cover feel if you know what I mean? Like if you take a Cally iX or a B-Stone B330 and bounce that off a wedge and then you take a prov 1x it's night and day. The V1x has a softer cover feel. that's something I like when it comes to putting and chipping. When it comes to distance I haven't hit anything as consistent. That's just how it's been, but I'm excited about this Penta!

Tim, let us know what you think of the Penta! I'm with you...always willing to give another ball the opportunity to replace the Pro V, but nothing has proven itself to me...Including the Penta