TESTERS WANTED! ×

MyGolfSpy Acquired By ESPN – (Press Release)

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

==========================================================

Press Release: For Immediate Release

1 April 2010

CARLSBAD, California (April 1, 2010) – MyGolfSpy, the web's #1 Golf Blog site, today announced that it has been acquired by ESPN.

The acquisition is part of ESPN's growing blogger presence and a prelude to ESPN's new professional blogging applications – MyGolfSpy.

“The online social media world is ever changing and blogging continues to grow in popularity…and this popularity is growing not only for personal use but also for businesses around the globe. Blogging has grown up. “The new blogging suite, MyGolfSpy, will put information in golfers hands much sooner then with other publications for ESPN viewers. And provide an array of tools that is on the cutting edge of technology.” said a ESPN representative today.

“We could not think of a better golf blog brand to align ourselves with other then MyGolfSpy, a golf blog that continues to produce the most unique and original golf content for golfers around the world.”

“I have always tried to fill the niches that were not being met by the industry, with the obvious and simple solutions. It is often the simplest solution that is overlooked when trying to fill the consumers needs. And this acquisition by one of if not the most influential sports related companies will allow us to take MyGolfSpy to the next level. I think golfers will be very excited to see what we have come up with next!” said founder of MyGolfSpy.

GolfSpy X will remain a part of MyGolfSpy over the next 2 years, continuing what he started, a career dedicated to giving the golf consumer what they really want, the truth.

About MyGolfSpy

MyGolfSpy is a golf blog which was founded in 2008, and has grown by incredible numbers in the two years it has been online. With over 3 million visitors to the site it makes it the most popular golf blog on the web.

==========================================================

#TruthDigest

You guys are so gullible. This is a April fools joke (I hope). B)

Callaway FT-9 Driver 10.5* Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis Blue

Callaway FT-9 Driver 9.0* Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum

Cobra Baffler Rail F Fairway 15.5* Fujikura Motore

Wilson FYbrid 19* UST Proforce AXIV Core

Cobra Baffler Rail H Hybrid 22* Fujikura Motore

Ping I15 Irons 5-UW AWT

Ping Tour-W 56*,60* DG Spinner

Ping Redwood ZB Putter, WRX Starshot, 35"

Press release needs to be bigger, you should have choosen a different date, but still funny! Wasn't sure what you guys had in store for today!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

I wish you would have asked me, I have the ultimate joke you could have ran today:

Announce the Contest Results, and have Sactown winning like 8 spots...that would have been fun to see blow up!!!

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

• SPY VIP

If we would have chosen a different date then it wouldn't have been April Fool's B)

I wish you would have asked me, I have the ultimate joke you could have ran today:

Announce the Contest Results, and have Sactown winning like 8 spots...that would have been fun to see blow up!!!

#TruthDigest

• SPY VIP

If I had thought of it before last night, I could have done a complete review of THE HAMMER. Even a serious review would read like an April Fools joke.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

WOW... I read this last night and thought it was real... you got me...

My Bag:
Driver - 
:cobra-small:  King F6+

3 Wood -  :callaway-small: XR16
Hybrids -  :srixon-small:  ZH45
Irons -  :mizuno-small:  JPX 850 Pro

Wedges -  :callaway-small: Mac Daddy 2
Putter -   :taylormade-small: Spider Tour Red
Bag - Ogio Grom Stand

• SPY VIP

If I had thought of it before last night, I could have done a complete review of THE HAMMER. Even a serious review would read like an April Fools joke.

That would have been fantastic. I will forget you typed this so you can fire it out next year :unsure:

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Archived