TESTERS WANTED! ×

5 questions with Deer Antler man, Mitch Ross

Moecat

http://www.golfdigest.com/golf-equipment/blogs/hotlist365/2013/05/deer-antler-spray-man-mitch-ross.html

Mitch Ross, who calls himself "Deer Antler Man," runs S.W.A.T.S. (Sports With Alternatives To Steroids), the company that supplied the deer-antler spray Vijay Singh admitted this year to using. Singh was cleared of violating the PGA Tour's substance-abuse policy last week. Ross answers five questions from Mike Stachura.

Q: Did you understand the PGA Tour's ruling?

The tour ought to apologize to Vijay for its mis-education. If Vijay should have checked with the tour about antler velvet, then he should have checked with them about the steak and milk that's being served in the clubhouse at every tour event, too. I think in the end, Vijay will look like a hero because he did it the right way; he chose the right company. He didn't seek out illegal synthetics.

deer-antler-man-mitch-ross.jpg

Q: How safe is this stuff?

It improves health, gets you off pain pills. Do you think Vijay would have spent nine grand on my protocol if I didn't know what I was doing.

Q: You believe you can help average golfers, not just elite athletes?

The weekend warrior is my best customer. The average protocol for a golfer to really improve his game and his body is $150 to $200 a month, $50 a week. What's that to a golfer?

Q: Has all this media coverage been good or bad for your business?

It's not going to be bad. Deer-antler spray is on its way to being vindicated. It has been vindicated in golf. Next is the NFL and MLB. They have to answer. But it is what it is. People shun what they don't understand.

Q: Do you offer a money-back guarantee?

I don't give a money-back guarantee because I've never had anybody want their money back. But there's a bunch of junky antler products out there. If you think a $30 bottle of antler spray is good, you're nuts. Just like in golf, you get what you pay for.

What part of Deer Antler Spray was on the banned list by WADA and the Tour sent out a letter in 2011 stating that is in question?

The fact that it may or may not have belonged is not the issue. IF WADA says skimmed milk is banned, and the Tour says we will follow the WADA list, and you are getting paid $67 Million over your career to play on the Tour, then make a phone call.

Vijay and the Deer Antler people may have a legitimate case against WADA, but not the Tour.

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Q: How safe is this stuff?

It improves health, gets you off pain pills. Do you think Vijay would have spent nine grand on my protocol if I didn't know what I was doing.

Yes, I do think Vijay would have spent nine grand because that's nothing to him.

This guy comes off as a bit of a douche imo. He compares his spray to eating steak. I'd rather eat a $50 steak each week tyvm.

Now I'm having flashbacks of the last $50 steak I had at foxwoods. I can still taste it...mmmmm...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130129/the-strange-lab-that-lured-numerous-athletes/

This told me most of what I need to know about SWATS and this whole situation.

WITB

Driver: Calloway Diablo Octane Tour, UST VTS Silver

Hybrids: 16* Taylormade RBZ Tour 16*, 21* TEE XCG-3

Irons: Adams CB1 4-PW, KBS C Taper Lite S

Wedges: Nike VR Pro Forged 52*, 58*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot XG3

Grips: Lamkin Crossline Midsize

Ball: Whatever I find, prefer Bridgestone

Amazing that Vijay would deal with a snake oil salesman....Literally that spray could have had anything in it. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA and can contain anything that has not been proven to maim, harm or kill.

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Amazing that Vijay would deal with a snake oil salesman....Literally that spray could have had anything in it. Supplements are not regulated by the FDA and can contain anything that has not been proven to maim, harm or kill.

You give too much credit to Vijay and athletes in general. Not all that many athletes have all that many smarts, evidence of which is the large numbers that very quickly end up broke after they stop being at the top of their game and lose their contracts. Vijay more likely heard about the spray from someone and, not knowing how to check the ingredients out, simply tried it and liked it, which is pretty much how many of us conduct our own lives.

Shambles

"The average protocol for a golfer to really improve his game and his body is $150 to $200 a month, $50 a week. What's that to a golfer?"

HaHa, A family membership to a pretty nice semi private golf course or 4 rounds at random nice courses in my neck of the woods.

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

He was on local talk radio after the Ray Lewis story broke around the Superbowl. He's hilarious to listen to because he's clueless. Was going bankrupt and this saved his butt though, cause he's selling it like crack at a whorehouse.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Was going bankrupt and this saved his butt though, cause he's selling it like crack at a whorehouse.

Crack ? At a whorehouse? More like rent not buy and .... Perhaps I should keep these comments to myself. But they are funny. :D

:ping-small:G430LST 10.5° on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Driver 

:ping-small:G430MAX 3w  on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Fairway 

:ping-small:G425 3H on     T P T    POWER 18 Hi Hybrid 

:taylormade-small:P790 Black 4-A 
on :kbs: TGI 80S

:mizuno-small: ES21 54-8° & 58-12° on :kbs: Hi Rev

:L.A.B.:DF2.1 on :accra: White

:titelist-small: ProV1  

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro  NX7 Pro

All Iron grips are BestGrips Micro-Perforated Mid

Driver, 3w, 3H are JumboMax JMX UltraLite XS 

Archived