CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

My current Handicap is 19.

I am a new retiree with an excessive amount of time on my hands, according to my wife. My fiery red hair, dashing good looks, and great determination embody the greatness of my Scottish-American heritage. Like William Wallace, I would rather bogey a hole as a free spirit than par a hole as a prisoner of conformity. I also look good in a kilt. With my wife's very enthusiastic blessing, I am spending many hours on the golf courses and driving range working toward qualifying for the Senior Tour.

IMG_C pick 1615.JPG

I am a mid-range golfer shooting between 88-94 with a set of golf clubs older than my children. I believe the new AMP Cell Irons, which have the latest technology, would transport my game into the 21st Century. Even with my current hair-band era golf clubs, this year I have already won 9 long drive contests with all my drives in excess of 300 yards, and have also won 5 closest-to-the-pin contests. With my great flair and strong determination, I believe that not only do I fit your testing needs perfectly at the current time, but will add a new level of credibility when I move from an undiscovered gem-in-the-rough to a PGA Senior Tour golf professional.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My current handicap is 8.

I feel that I embody the spirit of Cobra-Puma in many ways. You will notice by my pic, that I like to tinker and change clubs often. I am currently working on putting a bronze putter insert in my Versa # 7 putter. I am such a tinkerer, that I did not realize that the putter insert hole was stepped, so the picture is the before pic. I am going to use a dremmel tool to hollow out the inside of the insert. I not only am a tinkerer, but I also prefer to be bright and loud (ie. Cobra-Puma). I currently just purchased a black and red golf bag to match my Black Tomberlin E-Merge Golf cart. This cart has the performance package that is in red, so I felt that I needed to completely match my bag and club covers to the cart. I also only wear black or red clothing when at my home course to match my cart. I am a spry 35 years old as well. I love to hit the long ball, but truth be known, I am about middle of the pack in distance. With all of that said, I would love to get a set of these irons with red accents to match up all of my golfing apparel, clubs, cart, etc. If I somehow won, I would no doubt have to purchase the Cobra Amp Cell Driver in Red. Pick me and I will be a walking talking billboard for Cobra and for "COLOR".

photo.JPG

Good luck everyone - I'm going to start another thread about first timers in contests and how we might be more welcoming so as to increase the number who stick around win, loose or draw.

I am guessing you already know your awesome. But here it is anyway, you're awesome!

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Congrats Mrs... Solid choices all around thus far.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Thought some basic math and statistics might be in order as I believe the remaining picks up for grab are for all entries. I quickly counted 81 (should be close, but might have missed 1 or 2 as I did it on my tablet) total entries. With 3 of them selected, that leaves 78 of us for the remaining sets to review. Quick math tells us that we have a 3.8% chance to be selected at 3, 2.6% at 2, and 1.3% with the last pick; assuming no more entries are entered. Also, as a side note I thought it was interesting that 29.6% of the entries came from established members (I used total number of posts as a determining factor). A 70.4% turnout of new members!

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

Thought some basic math and statistics might be in order as I believe the remaining picks up for grab are for all entries. I quickly counted 81 (should be close, but might have missed 1 or 2 as I did it on my tablet) total entries. With 3 of them selected, that leaves 78 of us for the remaining sets to review. Quick math tells us that we have a 3.8% chance to be selected at 3, 2.6% at 2, and 1.3% with the last pick; assuming no more entries are entered. Also, as a side note I thought it was interesting that 29.6% of the entries came from established members (I used total number of posts as a determining factor). A 70.4% turnout of new members!

Nice thanks for doing that. Still better odds than most contests!!

MY BAG-

Driver- Taylormade SLDR 12* (Speeder 7.2vc tour spec S)

3 Wood- Taylormade R11(bimatrix prototype S)

3 Hybrid- Ping I20(stock S)

Irons-Taylormade Tour Perferred MC ( C Taper S)

Wedges- 50, 54, and 58 SCOR4161( KBS)

Putter-Taylormade Ghost Corza.

All Left Handed!

JRE, thanx for takin the time for the calculations. I'm just curious, at what number did a new member become "established?"

The best to ya in the remaining selections!

Have a great season :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

There was a pretty natural cut off as there is a large spike from 44-100 posts. Since none of the participants have posts in the 50-100 range I categorized "established" members as anyone with 100 or more posts. Just for curiosity reasons I did look at some other stats; so thought I would provide them as well. Of the "established" members, 79.2% were listed as donors. Of the "new" members, 43.1% (25/58) have posted only the initial entry post (in other words have 1 total post). The oldest "new" member joined in March of 2010 while the newest "established" member joined in March of 2013.

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

I think you are supposed to test them, instead of getting tipsy and swing a club... even though I'd think the experience would be hilarious.

If the irons can't hold up to a slightly (or more than slightly) tipsy round of golf I'm going to be in big trouble...

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

I changed my mind... you guys should get drunk while testing them and writing the review. It'd be too funny

I second this but instead of writing make a video review

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

My handicap is 13.2 (normally get 14 stroke on slope at my club)

Here is picture of my att tee (just a few days ago):

Tommy hål 10.jpg

And a picture some years ago:

golf-tat-golf-club_80184283.jpg

I´m looking for some new clubs, an the clubs that interested me most is Cobra Amp Cell, not the orange or so, but the gray/white looks more sober, I think. If I get to try this clubs thats like a dream come true.

My bag:

Driver: Nakashima 460hTec 10,5° (adjustable lie and 0,33-0,66-1,0 degree open/closed)

Spoon: Taylor Made R11 (stiff)

Hybrids: Ping G5 22° aldila stiff

Irons: Tom Wishon 5-PW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey spin milled 52° and 56°, Eidolon 60°

Putter: Taylor Made itsy bitsy spider

Balls: Usually Titleist ProV1

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=sv&tl=en&u=http%3A%2F%2Fgolftompa.blogg.se%2F

Yay I'm an established member then!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

Dude, a rule of thumb that I was told when I was younger and that was to treat every woman, be it in a social, proffessional or in a personal setting, with the respect that I would treat and expect others to treat my mother and sister.

It has served me well

Have a good one :)

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Sorry, I wasn't trying to be rude. I saw a woman playing in wedge heels the other day at my course and I thought it was funny. That's all...

I thought it was just an innocent comment that I made, I guess I need to learn more of the American way of thinking.