CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

If playing in heels would you have to adjust the lie angle upright a degree or two? Might as well figure out the specs necessary for good contact under the circumstances.

In Nick's Ogio Edge Stand Bag
Driver: Taylormade Rocketballz 9.5* Aldila Rip'd NV Stiff
Fairway: Tour Edge CB4 15* Rip Gamma Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro A12 18* KBS Tour X
Irons: Mizuno MP-53 3-PW DG X100
Wedges: Mizuno MP R-12 52* & 56* DG Spinner
Putter: Taylormade Ghost Spider Si 38"

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:blink: Oops...after signing on this morning only to check the updates of this reviewer thread, I realized I just spent the last 5 hours at work reading through the different topics and threads posted throughout the forum...Perhaps I should get back to or at least actually start working!

Driver: Taylormade R9 8.5° S

Fairway Wood: TBD
Irons: Cobra Amp 4i-9i
Wedges: SCOR 4161 43, 47, 51, 55, 59
Putter: Odyssey White Hot Rossie XG

Bag: TBD

Not to go RUPAUL on you guys and girls but Hell you can have a pic of me in high heels if I win...

I have heard that you are a great guy under the rough, tough exterior, however that is an image that is just not quite right, LOL :P

:)

I must commend both of you lads for your polite and proper attitudes. However, if you ever see that again on the course be sure and post a picture for the rest of us. LOL

I have plenty of VIDEOs of people with their pants around their butts while swinging a golf club (well... more like trying to hit the ball) and at the same time trying to teach their girlfriends.

If you find this more appealing let me know.

I have plenty of VIDEOs of people with their pants around their butts while swinging a golf club (well... more like trying to hit the ball) and at the same time trying to teach their girlfriends.

I've never actually been able to convince my friends to drop trou despite the countless number of balls I've seen short of the red tees. Kudos to you...I think.

But to echo Hulk, I would let you guys pick out the outfit I wore while taking my first swings with the new AMP Cells. If I don't win, maybe we can still arrange something along the lines of a game we like to play - If I Buy It, You Have to Wear It.

I'm going to give heels a miss, mind you being 3 inches shorter than mrs West perhaps its not a bad idea!

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I have heard that you are a great guy under the rough, tough exterior, however that is an image that is just not quite right, LOL :P

:)

I thank you and while it might not be quite right I am a man of my word so just choose HULK as the winner and I can get everyone their pic and great review. Sounds like a plan :) :)

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

Sorry laddie that is not exactly the picture I was thinking of. More along the lines of..Katherine-Jenkins-Golf-High-Heels-0712-8.jpg

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Think we'd better find out the winners quick before someone drops a Sergio on this thread!

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

First of all, I realize it may not be a super popular fact that this is my initial post on this forum. With that said, I would like to say I have enjoyed checking out the articles, reviews, etc. on the site since seeing you guys on Twitter a few weeks back. I am finally getting around to posting, so I'll get to it.

Although I am unsure of my actual handicap (I have been reluctant to have it tracked and posted at my home club), I believe that it would honestly be in the 20+ range.

I think my picture should show that I definitely embody the spirit of Cobra-PUMA golf. I may not be the best player obviously by my handicap, but I definitely try to look and feel my best in my Cobra-PUMA gear. I probably should've invested in clubs and lessons rather than all the clothing and accessories that I have. Haha. And it's not painfully obvious what my favorite color is or where I went to college, is it?

As you might be able to tell in the photo, I am currently using some old school N1 Nicklaus irons that I received from my father over ten years ago when I began playing the game. I have no doubt whatsoever that I would see a huge difference with testing these clubs, and would report back above and beyond any and all info needed. I may not be able to tell you exactly how “the new AMP Cell Technology uses biomimicry to create a cellular structure within the iron to move weight with almost neurotic accuracy”, but I would do my best. I would also hope that “these irons would be enough to leave my long time golfing buddies in a state of neurosis as they are not going to know what is going on when they see the improvements in my game.”

Thanks for your consideration.

P.S Hopefully my nose isn't too brown for including the towel I got while playing a round at The Crossings at Carlsbad during a trip to the 2008 US Open at Torrey Pines.

20130524_083242.jpg

GO POKES!

First of all, I realize it may not be a super popular fact that this is my initial post on this forum.

20130524_083242.jpg

Eh, maybe not, but we all had our first post for whatever reason too! If you don't get selected for this test, hang around anyhow and join the fun. Sooner or later, your number will be called!

Welcome!

Ping I20 8.5* - Aldila NV 65g S
Adams XTD Super Hybrid 15* - Stock Fubuki S
Adams DHY 21* - Stock Matrix Ozik White Tie S
Mizuno MP58 4-8 Irons - Fujikura MCI 100 S
SCOR 42,46,50,54,58* - SCOR/KBS Genius S
STX Robert Ingman Envision TR 35", Iomic grip

Eh, maybe not, but we all had our first post for whatever reason too! If you don't get selected for this test, hang around anyhow and join the fun. Sooner or later, your number will be called!

Welcome!

I understand. Will do. Thanks a lot.

GO POKES!

Welcome!

+1

Yup

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE OF GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.6 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, JULY 2020
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B RXS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

• SPY VIP

Here we go boys...last 3 coming semi-fast, and not the least bit furious, but whatever. #4 is going up right....about....now

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

Yep welcome, good luck and enjoy. It's a nice place to hang out.

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Congrats Highlander! Looks like the bet on yourself was a good one! Maybe I can repeat that luck? I will bet on myself to be reviewer number 5! :D

Congrats Paul S.! 3 sets at the Spy Zinger Invitational!