CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

Congrats ladies and gents!!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Highlander! Looks like the bet on yourself was a good one! Maybe I can repeat that luck? I will bet on myself to be reviewer number 5! :D

Thanks JRE, I wish you the best of luck (as much as a Scottie can). I'd like to thank GolfSpy T and the Academy.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: Wilson Staff D-100 hybrid 3 16°, Matrix OZIK Altus 5.6: 60 gram

Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°

Irons: Wilson Staff D-100 4-Pw. Gw, Sw, Matrix Studio 6.1 Graphite: 65 gram

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Ball: Wilson Staff DUO/Z-Star/FG Tour

Bag: Bag Boy - Revolver

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Congrats Highlander, Paul S. and SMRT - welcome to the club :)

Can't wait to get these ordered and out on the course!!

Thank you sir, and congrats to you also. I am truly honored and excited about this grand opportunity. Plus it may improve my game.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Wedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW with set of D-100’s

Putter: Current Hippo Attacker 1 Switching to: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)

Backup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shafts

Whatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!What’s in the bag:Driver: Callaway Hyper-X 10° with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaftFairway: Cobra AMP Cell 3-4 HYB: 4 plus = 21°, 4 plus Draw = 21° Draw, 4 = 22° *Utility: 7 Wood Custom Stainless – Knight Golf 24°Irons: Cobra AMP Cell Irons 5- Sw, MRC Graphite ShaftWedges: Pinemeadow 64° and 68°, Alien 2 Pro Series 1 – 60°, PW, GW, & SW in AMP Cell setPutter: Gel Golf CNC milled insert putter (Sapphire model, Mallet style)Ball: Titlest VelocityBag: Bag Boy - RevolverBackup Irons: King Cobra irons from the late 80’s 3-sw graphite regular flex shaftsWhatever doesn’t kill me, had better start running!

Don't forget the high heels, guys.

This... and of course the reviews! :D

Congrats y'all!

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

Alright folks I have placed my order. Looking forward to a set of blue with stiff graphite shafts and a plus 2°. This is better than free ale with your fish and chips. Congrats again to the rest of the testing team may your game be better to you than a kilt in a nice cool breeze. :D

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Alright folks I have placed my order. Looking forward to a set of blue with stiff graphite shafts and a plus 2°. This is better than free ale with your fish and chips. Congrats again to the rest of the testing team may your game be better to you than a kilt in a nice cool breeze. :D

Awesome, that's great Highlander! Free ale with fish'n'chips ... now we're talking!

Order placed!

Red, Steel, Stiff

+1/2" and 1* flat

Can't wait!

Driver: TaylorMade R9 9.5* with a Diamana Kai'li 70 S shaft

Fairway: TaylorMade R9 TP 13* with Graphite Design Tour AD YSQ-st X flex

UtilityWilson Staff FYbrid 19.5* Aldila RIP Sigma Stiff

Irons: Wilson Staff FG Tour V2 KBS Tour X flex 4-pw (soft-stepped)

Wedges: Wilson Staff FG Tour TC 50* (standard grind, bent to 51*) TT DG Spinner, 56* and 60* (tour grinds, bent to 55* and 59*) Dynamic Gold Wedge flex

Putter: Yes! Abbie Tour Forged Pro Series 33" 

Ball: Wilson Staff FG Tour, Maxfli U4

Bag: Wilson Staff NeXus 100th Anniversary carry bag

Backup Irons: Wilson Staff FG-17 Tour Blades with TT Dynamic Stiff 3-PW

Backup Utility: Mizuno MP-H4 2 iron TT Dynamic Gold R300

Backup Putter: Pro Gear CG 100 33" (Pro Gear is what turned into Yes!)

MGS should add "like" option to the forum. There are many posts that deserve it. Happy for you testers, quite an honor and I'm sure you guys and gals are super excited!!

Driver: Titleist 915 D2 9.5 with Diamana Whiteboard S flex

3 wood: Titleist 915F 15*, Whiteboard S Flex

Titleist 915H 18* and 24* with Whiteboard SFlex

Irons: Mizuno JPX EZ Forged 4-PW with S300's

Wedges: Mizuno MP T4 50*, 56* with DG Spinner

Putter:MannKrafted Long Slope or Odyssey #7 Versa Metal milled or Betti Tour Stock;

Ball: Bridgestone B330 or Titleist NXT

Bag: Titleist 'Murica colored carry bag or

MyGolfSpy Tour Bag

RH, Western KY

Posted Image

Order placed!

Red, Steel, Stiff

+1/2" and 1* flat

Can't wait!

Did you choose stock shafts?

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

Order placed...

Blue, steel, stiff

Std length and 1° up.

SW of D5 and hopefully +4 wraps on the grip, but we'll see if that happens.

Wasn't sure how much we could request on the specs. Also our shaft options where either graphite or steel with the stock offerings.

The MN contingent is going to try and line up a group launch monitor session once we get the clubs, can't wait to hit these :)

Driver: :callaway-logo-1: Epic SZ w/ VA Composites Raijin 65 04

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :ping-small: 5i-UW G700 w/ X100 soft stepped once

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 & 58 CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Got my request in, as well. Standard length & lie (it pays to compare specs - Cobras standard is the same as +1/2", 1* up for Mizuno MP-59's), stiff steel and orange inserts. I have a Golfsmith gift card and plan on getting decked out in Rickie orange to match the clubs. laugh.gif

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
FW Wood: :tour-edge: Tour Edge EXS 220 - 15*; :mizuno-small: ST 180 14*
Hybrids:  PXG 0311 22
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B X (2020); :srixon-small: Z-STAR XV

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

Got my request in, as well. Standard length & lie (it pays to compare specs - Cobras standard is the same as +1/2", 1* up for Mizuno MP-59's), stiff steel and orange inserts. I have a Golfsmith gift card and plan on getting decked out in Rickie orange to match the clubs. laugh.gif

I suppose you could just dye that Wookie coat of yours orange! :P

Congrats everyone!

Can't wait for the reviews and pics

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

I suppose you could just dye that Wookie coat of yours orange! :P

Man, you gotta stop giving me good ideas....not sure Mrs. Barbajo would go for it blink.gif

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Sub 70 639D - 9.5; :cleveland-small: Launcher HB Turbo; :mizuno-small: ST 190 
Utility Irons: :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Utilities 18, 21, 24*;  Lynx VT Stinger - 16*
Irons::wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged; :benhogan-small:PTx Pro, :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; :wilson_staff_small: Progressives (circa 1993)

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX -2, :benhogan-small:Riviera 52-56-60; :wilson_staff_small: Staff Model
Putter:   :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8,  :benhogan-small:Baby Ben

Follow @golfspybarbajo

MGS should add "like" option to the forum. There are many posts that deserve it. Happy for you testers, quite an honor and I'm sure you guys and gals are super excited!!

I was thinking the same thing. :lol:

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Awesome, that's great Highlander! Free ale with fish'n'chips ... now we're talking!

Yes tis. A mate of mine from Ireland, his parents own a bar and thats the deal on Friday get an ale with your fish and chips. At least it was back in the day. Haven't been there in many a day now.

Sláinte

What’s in the bag:

Bring on the reviews.

Congratulations to all.

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

AmpIrons-1.jpg

The team at Cobra Golf has asked us to round up 6 MyGolfSpy Forum Members to test their latest game-improvement iron, the AMP Cell.

The 6 readers chosen by the MyGolfSpy Staff will receive their very own set of Cobra AMP Cell irons. Those same 6 readers will be asked to provide other MyGolfSpy readers with a comprehensive review of Cobra's latest game-improvement iron. Thorough is what we do, and we ask the same of our readers. Please don't apply if you're not willing to do the work.

Cobra has made some pretty bold claims about the AMP Cell. They're promising “explosive distance and pinpoint accuracy“.

Does the AMP Cell iron deliver?

I don't know. It's your job (at least it could be) to find out.

Check out the AMP Cell Irons on Cobra's Website. If you think the AMP Cell Irons could help your game, enter to become a MyGolfSpy Club Tester.

To enter, leave a comment in this thread that contains the following:

[*]Your current handicap (or your average 18 hole score)[*]An original photo of something (anything) golf-related[*]In no more than 2 paragraphs, tell us how you meet the last requirement (how do you embody the spirit of Cobra-PUMA Golf?)]

I feel I embody the true spirit of Cobra-Puma Golf as they have intended. I love the game of golf and even though I am not a low handicap player (typically I shoot 85 on average). I am a tremendous cheerleader for the game having convinced many people to take the game up and discover the true enjoyment of the game. Cobra is dedicated to researching and creating the perfect clubs for any level player. I am dedicated to helping the new golfer through the initial problems of getting started and when with better players, provide positive re-enforcement for helping them get better. I specialize in confidence boosting.

I currently play Cobra SS Forged Blades and have thoroughly enjoyed them and even though they are intended for the better player, I have found my game has improved with both distance and straighter shots. I have been chomping at the bit to try the Cobra Amp Cell Irons in a real live golf course environment. Since I live in Myrtle Beach Couth Carolina, I have approximately 100+ courses at my disposal. If I am selected to test the Cobra Amp Cell Irons, I will provide extremely detailed reports of my findings, both on the range and on course.

Golf.JPG

My postman is starting to think I'm a little strange -- been singing this song to him every day this week...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cGOFUy4z_g

And bring the Cobras!

What's in the bag:

Follow @golfspybarbajo