CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

My current Handicap is +1.9.

I embody the spirit of Cobra/Puma golf because I'm willing to let my golf speak for my choice of clothing. Dressing up and playing poorly means that people can call you a poser or a "Parking lot professional" but being able to back it up sends the message that I have earned the right to dress the way I do. I am daring and my game shows a lot of "flash" which is why I enjoy golf. For the thrill and the adrenaline rush. I wear my heart on my sleeve when I play and I'm not afraid to show my excitement and energy on the course.

242077_10150193065356129_4070367_o.jpg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My handicap is 14

I embody the spit of Puma Golf is one I love watching Ricky Fowler play golf and also I am so determined to get my handicap to under double digits.

slide_291877_2335336_free.jpg

I am a 15 handicap once I get my swing going again in the spring. I embody the spirit of Cobra/Puma golf because, as I always tell the group behind me on the first tee, "I am bad, but I am fast and bad." I think my name, TheGolfTraveler, should make me a candidate for the test since I will be using them in places like New England, The Carolinas, Florida and Arizona so I can give you a review based on all sorts of conditions and grasses. I am also a good fit because I very well might have been the first radio golf talkshow host as I hosted New England Golf Radio back in the late 80's. Lastly, I am a perfect candidate because I am actually looking to buy a new set of irons so you are getting someone who is truly in the market. My picture is actually a sad one, I google mapped one of my favorite courses in the Carolinas that sadly closed down and now you get to see what's left of a truly GREAT hole, #17 @ Marsh Harbour, a fantastic carry/carry par 5.

Marsh17.png

My Handicap is a 13.

Photo is me with Puma gear on the Swilcan Bridge at the Old Course in Scotland.

Swilcan Bridge.jpg

First and foremost I rock the spirit of Cobra-PUMA as my last name is Puma. What better person to test your clubs that someone that has the name of the company in their name. I will change my first name to Cobra if that will help!

Secondly, whenever I go play I always have at least a couple Puma clothing items on while I stripe my Cobra Hybrids. Now if I could just test some AMC Cell Irons along with them…wonder where I could get a set of those….

My current handicap is 11. I've been playing golf for a little over 2 years now.

At times I can be in single digit and at times I can be in the mid teens.

I've always wanted to try Cobra clubs, in fact, their current line is the one and first ones I'm interested in.

Must be a resident of planet earth (women must be right-handed)

- If Japan qualifies as that, then... check =P (I'm in USA right now, but will be going to Japan and Europe)

Must be a MyGolfSpy Forum Member in good standing

- I hope I am...

Must be able to string sentences together in a coherent fashion (wit and humor are a bonus)

- Look at first requirement.

Must be capable of producing quality photos of golf equipment

- No problem. I'm a model and I have a Nikon D7000 with multiple lenses. First time using it for sexy clubs though.

Must have willingness, time, and ability to thoroughly test a set of Cobra AMP Cell Irons

- I have my own schedule and this time of the year I will be going to the range a lot. It'd also be good for so I can learn something from this to benefit the forum.

Must embody the spirit of Cobra-PUMA Golf

- Hmm... I don't know if have it, but I'm sure that a great product will always attract new fans into the brand.

And I'm always up for a new experience.

image.jpg

Hello Puma/Cobra Golf! I've been a fan since I was pretty young. Something about that Cobra on your old fuzzy club head covers resonated with my 80's cartoon / GI Joe Saturday mornings. Whatever it was, I always gravitated toward your clubs and had an idea that once I was in a position to buy my own set, I'd be right on board with that snake glaring down the fairway, ready to strike! Over time, people were saying that Acushnet wasn't taking care of the brand like it should have, and I'm sure there are some hard feelings left over even today. That made no difference to me, I was still playing my grandfather's hand-me-down ping zings and didn't understand the difference between a given set of irons. I was playing just to be with my friends and to enjoy some sunshine! Good thing you got scooped up by Puma. It's a marriage that works; Cobra is finally in a position to be someone's darling, and Puma has an equipment outlet that allows its industry's best design teams put a little flair into an otherwise monochrome marketplace.

I played your Amp fairways last year, both a 3 and 5 wood. I really liked them, and the sound they made have that player's thud that my ears appreciate after spending a day at the range. I'm 32 now, shoot between 84-90, and I am looking for something to give me a little nudge off the plateau I've been on the last year. I love Golf, and have been good at a few sports over the years (Basketball, Football, Tennis, Swimming, and even got sponsored by a local skateboard shop when I was young). I am still developing as a golfer, but this year alone have spent nearly every day hitting balls at the range or playing when I have the chance. No kids, just a wife and set of clubs. I also buy a lot of sets off eBay and golf forums, which allows me to be well versed in the differences between each club, shaft, and market segment (players, GI, S-GI) they are focusing on. I have heard great things about your new Amp Cells. I'm not sure about how you plan on fitting them up for us, nor do I care. Give me a shot with these, and I will take great detail in letting you know how I like them. I appreciate the opportunity, and if its required that I wear some day-glow on the course, let's hope the drink cart ladies brought their sunglasses!

masters.jpg

Current hcp is 12.2

As I have been playing both the Cobra Pro CB and Pro MB during the last four years I will have a very good way of reviewing when I get to test out the new irons from Cobra. I have been playing golf since 2004 and have been playing Cobra gear almost all of the time. As an enthusiastic spare time golfer, it would be my honor to actually be able to give feedback to both the readers of MyGolfSpy but also to Cobra Golf as a thank you for helping me get to where I am now.

I'm a huge fan of the CPG equipment both for myself and for my bag and my picture shows that even my tees are representatives of CPG

1368284505315.jpg

Currently score low 90's and occasionally mid to high 80's.

I would like to think that I embody the spirit of Cobra/Puma. I play for the enjoyment and I'm willing to try new things with an open mind. I do also love the bright colors and look of Cobra/Puma's clubs. Working as a QA tester for an IT company, I love test new things. I can provide an honest review and give actual performance stats the clubs give with my swing type. I have unlimited access to a Trackman launch monitor at the local driving range.

Golf .jpg

I am a 15 handicap once I get my swing going again in the spring. I embody the spirit of Cobra/Puma golf because, as I always tell the group behind me on the first tee, "I am bad, but I am fast and bad." I think my name, TheGolfTraveler, should make me a candidate for the test since I will be using them in places like New England, The Carolinas, Florida and Arizona so I can give you a review based on all sorts of conditions and grasses. I am also a good fit because I very well might have been the first radio golf talkshow host as I hosted New England Golf Radio back in the late 80's. Lastly, I am a perfect candidate because I am actually looking to buy a new set of irons so you are getting someone who is truly in the market. My picture is actually a sad one, I google mapped one of my favorite courses in the Carolinas that sadly closed down and now you get to see what's left of a truly GREAT hole, #17 @ Marsh Harbour, a fantastic carry/carry par 5.

Great photo. How did you manage to not get any flash bounce off the computer screen. blink.gif

AJ

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I don't know about the rest of the regulars here on MGS but I would have thought that someones FIRST post in a forum would be to introduce them self to the group before pouncing on a freeby.

Just a thought.

AJ

P.S. and actually take the photograph (yes a photograph!!!!!) to show off their photography skills.

WITB

Driver: Ping G25

FW: TM RBZ

Irons: Miura 57 Series w/KBS C-Taper

Wedges: Vokey SM4 52-08,56-12,60-04

Putter: Watch This Space

Ball: SRixon Z Star

Other: Tourstriker 7i

"Go Hard or Go Home"

"Do or Do Not. There is NO "TRY"

"Be normal, and the crowd will accept you. Be deranged, and they will make you their leader"

"I don't fail. I succeed at finding what doesn't work"

I don't know about the rest of the regulars here on MGS but I would have thought that someones FIRST post in a forum would be to introduce them self to the group before pouncing on a freeby.

Just a thought.

AJ

P.S. and actually take the photograph (yes a photograph!!!!!) to show off their photography skills.

I have no problem with this being someone's first post because the point of these things is to draw people to the site.

To anyone who's new, I say welcome, but don't let your post in this thread be your only one because chances are slim that someone with only one post will get picked. Post an introductory thread, read others, lurk a bit and contribute to the conversation. Don't post for the sake of boosting your post count because it can be obvious. Instead think about what you say and add meaningful input. If you're relatively new to golf, ask questions.

• SPY VIP

I agree WD and I think we should be careful not to discourage new members from experiencing MyGolfSpy. The criteria for applying is well stated in the first post and will allow those active in the community to participate.

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

Just a thought.

AJ

+1 here, I have thought about looking into this test, but I don't think I have really been part of the forum long enough, even though I probably have, these tests are fun for the testers, but they are also very serious for the review portion, it also seemed to me that there are many "first" post directly here for free stuff. I hope that many of them will stay and contribute to the forum. I know the staff here do a great job of choosing the correct people and they will again, but it kind of ticks me off that one of the first requirements for this test is being a forum member in good standing, and personally I think having 1-5 posts hardly fits that requirement. Just my thoughts I the subject.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

+1 here, I have thought about looking into this test, but I don't think I have really been part of the forum long enough, even though I probably have, these tests are fun for the testers, but they are also very serious for the review portion, it also seemed to me that there are many "first" post directly here for free stuff. I hope that many of them will stay and contribute to the forum. I know the staff here do a great job of choosing the correct people and they will again, but it kind of ticks me off that one of the first requirements for this test is being a forum member in good standing, and personally I think having 1-5 posts hardly fits that requirement. Just my thoughts I the subject.

Dan said it best, see his post above.

Also, you certainly qualify to apply Lefty based on T's criteria, the most important imo being "Must have willingness, time, and ability to thoroughly test a set of Cobra AMP Cell Irons".

While this club is in the category I'm shopping in, and I can write and shoot a decent photo, I'm relatively new here, I don't have enough recent rounds under my belt to have even a clue what my handicap is yet, and I'm not exactly Cobra's target demographic. I defer to what appears to be a pool of talented young members who are up to this task.

In my Clicgear B3

Callaway FTi 9* Aldila NVS S flex

Callaway X Hot Pro 3W

Callaway X Hot 3H

Callaway X Hot 4H

Callaway X Hot 5-AW 2* flat

Cleveland CG-10 56*

Callaway X Forged 60/9

Yes! Callie w/SuperStroke Slim 3.0

As always, another great giveaway from MGS and a great OEM!

Average Score: 85

These clubs really stand out in the stores, and I always seem to been drawn to them when I'm checking things out. These would be great to help out with my distance, which seems to be fading away a little bit with each year that passes a by. The Cobra/Puma tradition of go big or go home will fit right into my game!

263.JPG

Dan said it best, see his post above.

Also, you certainly qualify to apply Lefty based on T's criteria, the most important imo being "Must have willingness, time, and ability to thoroughly test a set of Cobra AMP Cell Irons".

RP, I almost posted on Dan's comment. I totally agree with what he said, I would never want to discourage anyone from experiencing MGS, thats where I am kind of torn between the two sides, this is a great place to be, but at the same time, there was a long line of first posts for this particular review, seems like a lot of first timers looking for a handout. Again, this is just my feelings on it, I don't have any hard feelings toward anyone, and I would encourage any and all of the new guys and gals to stick around and participate in the forum, there are some really good people here. As I said in my other post, that the staff here have always done a great job of picking the appropriate persons for these reviews and I am sure they will again, and if they pick a new person, then that also is fine, i am sure they will do a fine review.

While obviously, not of us can speak for T or X, I agree with WD.

#1, It's quality more so than quantity

#2, if you were picked, we as members would be happy for you and enthusiastic for your review.

Damn, it seems like you've been around a hell of a lot longer than 7 posts, lol

Have a good one

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

I'm up to 7, that's great, only 5000 more and I will be right there with you.

It's actually summer here now, so I can throw my name in to participate in this one! We skipped spring altogether and enjoyed an additional 2 months of snow and sub-zero weather. However....in hindsight...I suppose it's OK. I was beginning to get worried we were going to skip summer and go straight to fall. That would have killed me. Sooooo.....hope I didn't just jinx us Mid-westerers :(

Anyway.....my handicap is currently 14 and trending down. If I can keep putting the way I have, and get (much) more consistent with my irons I'll be single digits by summers end. Ya...I know that's a big IF.....but that's the goal....like it or not.

How I embody Cobra-Puma golf is a bit trickier. I see the image of Cobra-Puma as the cool, young, hip, company. My problem is I'm 43. I'm old enough to be Ricky's father. I haven't been cool since Dexy's Midnight Runners, and other 80's one-hit wonders were the norm. You might find it hard to believe I'm not cool anymore, but I'm not. Just ask my kids. I'm definitely not like Ricky Fowler. No way I can pull of a flat bill. I'm probably more like Blair O'Neal, in that I'd have no problem taking off my clothes if needed to. I'm not wearing a bikini though. However, beyond the cool-hip image, I know Cobra-Puma is a solid company producing solid equipment, and that's the kind of equipment I like playing with.

Thanks for the consideration.

BK

IMG_3290.jpg

BIRDIE COACH & MENTOR, FIRST TEE OF GREATER HOUSTON
HDCP: 12.6 (GHIN: 3143312)
In my bag, JULY 2020
:titelist-small: TS2 Driver Hzrdous Smoke Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:titelist-small: TS2 Hybrids  Mitsubishi Tensei Shaft (Stiff Flex)
:mizuno-small:  MP-59 5-PW; KBS Tour (Regular Flex)
 :callaway-small: PM Grind Wedges
:bettinardi-1:  Putter

:bridgestone-small: 2020 TOUR B RXS
Sun Mountain Cart Bag
:Clicgear: 3.5 Push Cart (I'm walking 9 outta 10 rounds!!)

RP, I almost posted on Dan's comment. I totally agree with what he said, I would never want to discourage anyone from experiencing MGS, thats where I am kind of torn between the two sides, this is a great place to be, but at the same time, there was a long line of first posts for this particular review, seems like a lot of first timers looking for a handout. Again, this is just my feelings on it, I don't have any hard feelings toward anyone, and I would encourage any and all of the new guys and gals to stick around and participate in the forum, there are some really good people here. As I said in my other post, that the staff here have always done a great job of picking the appropriate persons for these reviews and I am sure they will again, and if they pick a new person, then that also is fine, i am sure they will do a fine review.

I was mixed up with all of posts I was doing, that should be for WD. Sorry about that. I thought I was posting on RP's later post, I don't know what happened. Stupid technology.