CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

Stupid work computer says image cannot be displayed

I'll probably just break the computer now

gonna have to do it when i get home

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add HULK to the list of testers.

5 Handicap who is capable of weaving together numerous sentences while in Dr. Banner mode. When in HULK mode I usually just break things. Let's see if these irons are HULK proof. I also work at a driving range and have an unlimited amount of balls that I can hit. I also dress better than Ricky Fowler.

The picture is Gary Player at the Masters telling HULK how much he loves HULK

Hey Hulkster!

Make sure you're using the full editor. If you just click in the quick reply box you don't get the option to add attachments. You can edit your first post and add it. Congrats on your job BTW. Take care.

Stupid work computer says image cannot be displayed

I'll probably just break the computer now

gonna have to do it when i get home

Oops, guess you were working on it while I was typing. Don't forget to resize the pic before posting also.

Oops, guess you were working on it while I was typing. Don't forget to resize the pic before posting also.

thank you for the congrats, greatly appreciated

Twitter @angrygolfhulk

Instagram angrygolfhulkDriver-Callaway Razr Fit 9.5* Stiff3 Wood-Taylormade R9 15* StiffHybrids 3,4,5 Rocketballz RegIrons 6-Gap Rocketballz RegSW-Cobra Trusty Rusty 55*LW-Taylormade Rac Black 60*Putter-Odyssey Sabertooth 33"Back up irons-Taylormade Rac Muscleback Forged 5-GW Rifle Shafts 6.0

I'll throw my hat in the ring, even though there are already a ton of GREAT deserving members entered. Plus, I'd really like to put these up against the RocketBladez.

Handicap: 5

How do I embody the spirit of Cobra-Puma golf?

I'm a bright and vibrant guy; my personality might even be a little brighter than the clothing that they put out.

Pic of the new Super Stroke I just put on my White Hot #2.

rsz_photo_3.jpg

Dude, I was not being entirely serious, though when instructions ask for "An original photo of something," and ya send 18, I found that amusing.

A little thinned skinned and you take yourself a tad seriously, wouldn't ya say bubba, haha?

Forum police?

Cute, I like it B)

Have a good one

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

Not thin skinned at all. Just didn't feel like going full on into what I was going to say out of respect for this post and its topic and what it's for as well as the membership and moderation of the site. I've posted my entry a few pages back. That's the end of my participation in this thread. Thank you to MGS and Cobra-Puma Golf for the opportunity to potentially be a participant in this. If I'm selected, I'll give the review my full attention and a 100% effort. Good luck to those that also choose to enter to be a participant in this as well.

I'm not going to continue a pissing contest and derail this topic and its purpose.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Wow, once again the folks at My Golf Spy have teamed with someone to bring us a great contest and the ability to help test quality product.

I will start my entry with a simple statement, The Cobra Amp Irons can help my game because, even a swift kick to my backside would help my game. Cobra, I am your challenge, a solid 18.2 handicap, which is most likely kindness by the handicapping system. My game has fluctuated over the years, in 100s, down in the mid 80s, then the 90s, and all places in between. I have much respect for Cobra/Puma brand, the style, which I do admire.

I take offense that some folks have said that the Puma/Cobra brand is targeting the younger generations. Why, because us 40+ folks don't have style, don't wear crazy colors, try to match head to toe, try to stand out on and off course!! Wrong you young whipper snappers!

With me as a tester, you will get no BS feedback from a higher level handicapper, a stylish golfer, a tread setter, not follower. The clubs will be tested in Pinehurst, the clubs will be tested in Myrtle Beach as well as my home town of Virginia Beach and my home course of Heron Ridge Golf Club. I also promise to provide many pictures of the irons and testing backed (for free) with stylish pictures of myself.

Please allow me to demonstrate some style!

yellow outfit.jpg

day 1 outfit.jpg

day 2 outfit with Payne.jpg

day 3 outfit.jpg

follow through.jpg

golf out fit 4.jpg

golf outfit 3.jpg

john b s pink pants (2).jpg

Johnny Green Pants.jpg

trophy.jpg

John Barry

Bring the Funk, Back to Golf

The Golfer's Trip

chevy_chase22.jpg

REQUIREMENTS

-"must be resident of planet earth": Just visiting; however, the people of my planet enjoy your website;

-"must be MGS forum member in good standing": I think so; however my R1 give away entry went unnoticed (shame, my grandmaw thinks I'm funny);

-"must be able to string sentences together in a coherent fashion": Secretary, I have work for, edits writing me do, she does;

-"must be capable of producing quality photos of golf equipment": I'll use instagram just in case...seems to make even the homeliest chicks look hot;

-"must have willingness, time, and ability to thoroughly test amp cell irons": I thoroughly test everything I get for free;

-"must embody the spirit of Cobra-Puma golf": I have a very weak mustache.

PARTICULARS

Handicap=12 and I enjoy long walks on the beach. I currently game Cobra S3 irons w/ stiff steel shafts, as a direct result of MGSpy's ultimate review...You kids know what's up. I've done head to head comparisons of the s3's to the following in the Dick's simulator: RocketBladez-too clicky; Ping G25-too much offset; R11's-not as long; Callaway Xhot-not as accurate; Nike Covert-what are those things?; Taylormade TP CB-I see why they were replaced by the R11; Mizuno JPX 825-above my pay grade----------Cobra Amp Cell-too be determined. Louisiana is "swamp people" world; I'm just golfing in it. (see below)Gator Bright 2.jpg

Current GHIN Index 6.7

I feel the Cobra-Puma spirit is about not being afraid to stand out in a crowd. Bright colors, players with large persona's, etc. I meet that last requirement. I'm the youngest member and president of my men's club. I always am trying the latest and greatest and telling guys in our club why they need to do the same. I'm a long hitter and everybody digs the long ball. I'm not afraid to be the brightest player on the course and I'll back it up with my game. If I don't, I'm smiling anyways. I don't lose my temper on the course, it's just golf man, have to maintain composure to teach my kids and others the way the game is played. As for the pictures, you get one of me in some puma gear, and one of my oldest son :)

finish.PNGkael.JPG

Tour R11s V2 8*- Devotion 75 04 tipped or Fubuki Alpha 70x

Wilson dxi 16*- devotion 85 05

Tour TM Rescue Peanut 22*- devotion 85x

R9TP 4-pw- Project x 6.0 hardstepped

Titleist sm4 50/54- Project x 6.0

ATV 58*- Project x 6.0

Kia Ma Fontana 2010

HaHa, LMFAO, Dude, that's your frickin hdcp, not number of posts. I can't even tell the difference, lol ;)

I'm sittin there thinkin, damn, 8 posts, it seems like he's got a lot more than that.

Oh Boy, I'm feelin great with the meds but I'm gonna stay off the computer, lol

And those 5000 posts?

According to Rick's stats,about 58% are double posts

I think that he might be a little high, but only by a few percentage points, haha

Have a good evening and the Best in the contest!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Where can I get some meds like those. Even though they may be double posts, hey you took the time to make sure , so they should still count

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

It's actually summer here now, so I can throw my name in to participate in this one! We skipped spring altogether and enjoyed an additional 2 months of snow and sub-zero weather. However....in hindsight...I suppose it's OK. I was beginning to get worried we were going to skip summer and go straight to fall. That would have killed me. Sooooo.....hope I didn't just jinx us Mid-westerers :(

Anyway.....my handicap is currently 14 and trending down. If I can keep putting the way I have, and get (much) more consistent with my irons I'll be single digits by summers end. Ya...I know that's a big IF.....but that's the goal....like it or not.

How I embody Cobra-Puma golf is a bit trickier. I see the image of Cobra-Puma as the cool, young, hip, company. My problem is I'm 43. I'm old enough to be Ricky's father. I haven't been cool since Dexy's Midnight Runners, and other 80's one-hit wonders were the norm. You might be hard to believe I'm not cool anymore, but I'm not. Just ask my kids. I'm definitely not like Ricky Fowler. No way I can pull of a flat bill. I'm probably more like Blair O'Neal, in that I'd have no problem taking off my clothes if needed to. I'm not wearing a bikini though. However, beyond the cool-hip image, I know Cobra-Puma is a solid company producing solid equipment, and that's the kind of equipment I like playing with.

Thanks for the consideration.

BK

IMG_3290.jpg

Ahhhh...

This is my favorite picture!!

Good luck in the contest!

:)

What a coincidence! Seems not long ago I started a thread wondering if this type of iron has real advantages or is mostly about "more distance, more distance".

http://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/8262-distance-irons/page__p__92802__fromsearch__1#entry92802

I'm looking at the lofts of these AMP Cells that are one full club stronger than mine and a longer shaft as well. So, I'm very curious. Since the 4 iron matches the length and loft of my 3 iron, will it play the same? Will it be even longer? They have to be more forgiving than my current set. Will that translate to lower scores? Will extra length be good or will I have gapping issues at the low end of my bag? Questioning minds want to know!!! :D

I have been playing for almost 3 years. Last year I hardly got to play. But I'm off to a better start this year. I have been out more times this spring than all of last year. I'm shooting high 80's, low 90's currently. With improvements I've made with my driver, and putter especially, I will be shocked if I can't drop 5 to 10 shots off that this summer. Will Cobra AMP Cell irons play a part in that? I sure would like to find out!

If the spirit of Cobra/PUMA is a determination to get better, then I embody that very well. I have a determination to get better by practicing in more difficult conditions than I generally find at the course. It gives me confidence when standing over a shot that makes it seem easy compared to what I'm used to.

Last year, I wouldn't have thrown my hat in the ring to test. I wouldn't have had the time to do a review justice. This year, I believe I can spend the time with them to do a good job. My ball striking is far more consistent now as well. Irons have always been my strong point. I would love to have the chance to find the answers to my questions with these clubs. Will I be steering my future golfers to Cobra/PUMA after playing these? Let's find out! ;)

2013-03-15_18-21-46_262.jpg

My other favorite picture!

Good luck!!

Wow, once again the folks at My Golf Spy have teamed with someone to bring us a great contest and the ability to help test quality product.

I will start my entry with a simple statement, The Cobra Amp Irons can help my game because, even a swift kick to my backside would help my game. Cobra, I am your challenge, a solid 18.2 handicap, which is most likely kindness by the handicapping system. My game has fluctuated over the years, in 100s, down in the mid 80s, then the 90s, and all places in between. I have much respect for Cobra/Puma brand, the style, which I do admire.

I take offense that some folks have said that the Puma/Cobra brand is targeting the younger generations. Why, because us 40+ folks don't have style, don't wear crazy colors, try to match head to toe, try to stand out on and off course!! Wrong you young whipper snappers!

With me as a tester, you will get no BS feedback from a higher level handicapper, a stylish golfer, a tread setter, not follower. The clubs will be tested in Pinehurst, the clubs will be tested in Myrtle Beach as well as my home town of Virginia Beach and my home course of Heron Ridge Golf Club. I also promise to provide many pictures of the irons and testing backed (for free) with stylish pictures of myself.

Please allow me to demonstrate some style!

yellow outfit.jpg

day 1 outfit.jpg

day 2 outfit with Payne.jpg

day 3 outfit.jpg

follow through.jpg

golf out fit 4.jpg

golf outfit 3.jpg

john b s pink pants (2).jpg

Johnny Green Pants.jpg

trophy.jpg

I agree with Richard, exceptional pictures!! :P

And "Rookie," he really is a great guy, lol, he's sorta been opinionated for the 30+ years that I've known him.

Excellent pictures, Rookie, especially Augusta & Rickie B)

Ok, I'm not throwing my name in the hat however I just learned how to post a pic and wanted to see if I could post a nice pic correctly.

If it doesn't come out good, my apologies.

If it does, yesssssssssss!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

...sooo close Richard! So close! lol. Great to keep learning though, great work! Love the stampings!

Slight edit on my application (amended the photo) BTW

HC 16

My favourite part of the week is the Sunday afternoon round of golf with my daughter. Now that she is getting older she is starting to pick what shirt I wear to the course, she keeps pulling out the bright Puma ones. She recently said to me "I don't like watching golf, but I do like playing golf and having fun.", surely that is the spirit of Puma golf. Maybe she should have entered this competition not me.

d36a7404158211e29b6422000a1e95d8_7.jpg

I usually shoot in the 90's. I'm all about getting better.

I believe I embody the Cobra-Puma spirit perfectly. I am young golfer who is extremely attracted to bright and vibrant colors, and I am always to be found at the golf course. My golf play expresses the aggressiveness and the boldness of the Cobra-Puma company. In the summer, I can always be found on the golf course whether it be practicing the game or just hanging out with my friends nonchalant game of fun. Also, I am pretty good with a camera which would come extra handy when taking pictures of the clubs and even action shots. Cobra-Puma golf an exciting brand and I would be extremely honored to have the opportunity to test out these clubs for such a prestigious golf company.IMG_01331.JPG

Hdcp?

13. I am a slightly above avg player trying to break thru!

Original photo? See attached. My first round pint of season on the patio at 19th hole.... Does it get better? No...

First golf round pint 2013.jpg

How do I embody cobra & puma as a potential reviewer & ambassador of their brand?

Well part of their mission is to add color, fashion & clubs that give as much style as they do adding performance to make the game more fun.

Here in the frozen north... Of canada... We spend half the yr dreaming of golf so when we get that other half we hardcore golf nuts want to be comfortable & look good. We want sharp looking clubs but they must perform.

I hear great things about the new amp cell. Silver in stock reg flex steel is for me.

I see the looks, give me the clubs... And I will review the performance and spread my thorough opinions all over..the border... . What do you think eh?

Currently playing to a 9.3.

Look good, feel good, play good. Cobra-PUMA golf is about pushing the limits from the apparel to the equipment - never satisfied with the present to be enough. I usually have the first one down, the second is rarely a problem, but I never seem to reach a point of satisfaction on the last one. I'm a 25 year old player who has found a desperation to improve my game (desperate enough to throw my hat into a frenzied ring of passionate golfers chomping at the bit to show off their best Rickie impersonations).

Cobra-PUMA is fearless and bold, throwing no mind to it's critics. Even as my girlfriend peers over my shoulder right now, sighing at my obsession, all I can think about is getting to the range tomorrow morning before work to sharpen my baby fades. Boldly pursuing progression is what it is all about, not how closely my wardrobe resembles Poulter's, and I embody that spirit as an amateur.

My singular photo was taken after driving through the Scottish night, spending an hour and a half dodging deer, on the wrong side of the road, using using hand written directions on the back of a receipt.

DSC_0724.jpg

I would really like to be one of the six READERS chosen. I've been reading MyGolfSpy articles for a few years now and I found out about this on Facebook. I am also currently a resident of planet Earth. I currently have a 13.7 handicap. My son is a professional photographer, so I can produce great photos. I have plenty of willingness and time to test these clubs. I play twice a week, practice at the range once a week and also have an Optishot that I use at home.

Its going to be hard to find another golfer that has embodied the soul of Cobra-PUMA golf. I play Cobra S2 irons and have plenty of Puma shoes, shirts, pants and hats. This was all before Rickie Fowler who is also my favorite golfer. You couldn't imagine how happy I was when Puma took over Cobra. It was a match made in heaven. I play on the GCAT and represent Cobra-PUMA golf very well. I can compare the new AMP Cell's vs. my S2's and also my brothers AMP's or even my fathers S3's. Our father got us hooked on Cobra with his old King Cobra oversized irons. I am very loyal and would love to be a Cobra-PUMA tester.

DSC_0013a.jpg

• SPY VIP

Ok, I'm not throwing my name in the hat however I just learned how to post a pic and wanted to see if I could post a nice pic correctly.

If it doesn't come out good, my apologies.

If it does, yesssssssssss!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

Kudos to you and your tech prowess :)

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @golfspy_dave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...