CLUB TESTERS WANTED - COBRA AMP CELL IRONS

Our Sponsors

0926081140-L.jpg

Okay, crappy image but someone was hanging onto me while I leaned over the side of a bunker to take it. If it wasn't for my green mark line we never would have found it.

Currently a 7.8 index.

How do I fit Cobra/Puma? I love the fact they are willing to do new things rather than retread the same old gear. Drivers with different colors? Cool. Irons with different colors? Cooler! Wardrobe that fits us folks that are too short for our weight? Awesome! (its a PITA to find a shirt you like and its only XL

Puma offers clothing that isn't the normal beige/boring colors everyone at the club is wearing. Another large humanoid I play with loves the Puma Faas Grip spike-less shoes, and since our body mass index is compatible I will be trying them too.

Cobra has always made great clubs at a great price point, and I still have an old baffler hybrid somewhere that my wife is using as her driver. I'd love to get my hands on a set to compare to my Ping G25's and see if the distance claims are true. I know they will be much more workable.

And just to show I can take a picture, a friend plating #10 at Pasatiempo:

10 fairway and Mike.jpg

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

image.jpg

Ok I'd love to trial the new Cobra Irons, big fan of the upstart manufacturer trying new stuff and taking on the might of TM (ok I know I've got a few of their clubs!)

I'm a 9 handicapper, steady as you as like. Never go to low, but hardly ever go to high neither.

I hope I try to embody the principles of Cobra; been trying new things across the board over the 25 years I've played the game. Always keen to be an early adopter of new technology and ideas from clothing and shoes through to clubs. But most of all I like a good looking and playable set of irons in the bag - no longer a snob about playing tiny blades I know that technology is there to help and hell I'm happy to take any help my clubs offer.

My word I like my sticks to have some new tech in them; I didn't know I needed biomimicry in my clubs - but I want it now! Did I mention I like orange? I don't like it, I love it! Smooth turf interaction? Crikey I'm in for some of that as well, sounds like my days as a podium dancer (another story). Oh and I love my clubs to be pretty! I make an effort (to look smart on the course) and I expect my clubs to join the party and my word these boys are at the party - Orange please, I love orange! Cobra/Puma are for me making some of the nicest looking kit around and I'd really like to see if the performance backs those looks up. Need something to brighten p another cold damp British summer!

Oh and no cobras on my course - but this little fellow was in the 15th hole last year!

image.jpg

Rest in peace long sticks - I'll remember you

TM Burner Superfast 2.0 TP Regular

TM RBZ Stage 2 Fairway 14.5 stiff

Adams Blue Hybrid No. 3 stiff

Adams Super xtdHybrid 21.5 Stiff

Ping G30 4 and 5 Iron - Regular CFS Shaft

Ping i25 6 - PW Regular CFS Shaft

TM Y Groove Gap Wedge

Cleveland CG10 Sand Wedge

PingTR Piper Putter, adjustable shaft, SuperStroke Fatso

Titleist StaDry Cart Bag

Motocaddy S3 Pro Trolley

Foot Joy City, Adidas Boost Boa and Adidas Superstar shoes

Pro V1x in the summer, Titleist Velocity in the winter.

I am a 4 handicap

934145_531288276929521_1272870277_n.jpg

I am a full-on Cobra/Puma guy. All Puma shoes and clothes. In the bag is a Cobra S3 (white) driver, Cobra AMP Cell (blue) 3wood, Cobra Baffler hybrid, Cobra AMP irons, Two Trusty Rusty's. I can't imagine a better GI iron than the AMP, but I'd sure as hell like to try. I play 3-4 times a week, so it would be a THOROUGH review. Part of my golf season is spent in VT, hence the moose in the fairway. PICK ME

GHIN=12.2

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zn4mkxcf7vqp3t/8_08_05%20024.jpg

Is the Game in the Name? Maybe if I'd have taken Boo, Bo, Bubba or Bryce? But, but, but...no.

How about a Couch, a Cink, and a Wi? I'll find those in Holmes and Barnes. Any Day.

Thinking 2 Hunters and a Fisher? Think again. That idea has no Merritt.

Add a Fowler? That turkey should've flown in with a Byrd and a Crane...or even a Goose.

This is the only time it'd be good to play Baddeley. I'll take Sim, Kim, Tim and him.

The Material Boys - Woods and Steele? Na. They shoot Blanks.

Could've gone with initial impressions only...D.A, J.B., Y.E., J.J., J.P., or K.J.? N/G? OK. Then go by the numbers with two 3's...DL and Charles. Well Hells Els...Maybe I'd have a better chance in Vegas.

O'Hair, O'Meara and O'Hern? O'My! That's Senden a message...an Irish lullaby, for sure.

Some might suggest I seek guidance in a Chappell...from an Angel. Need direction? Don't take it from Points and Ames.

I could give a Kim a Rose with Love...even if it's Gay...and it will be...if a Yang, a Johnson or a Bohn are a part of the action.

Anyway I fade and turn it I'm above the hole and below the cut line....I drive Lamely, putt Weekley and always seem to Teater on the edge of disaster.

I'm Levin to go to the bar...got a taste for a couple of Collins with a Tiger Blood chaser.

Now...damn it...where did I leave my Walker?

Currently playing to a 9.3.

Look good, feel good, play good. Cobra-PUMA golf is about pushing the limits from the apparel to the equipment - never satisfied with the present to be enough. I usually have the first one down, the second is rarely a problem, but I never seem to reach a point of satisfaction on the last one. I'm a 25 year old player who has found a desperation to improve my game (desperate enough to throw my hat into a frenzied ring of passionate golfers chomping at the bit to show off their best Rickie impersonations).

Cobra-PUMA is fearless and bold, throwing no mind to it's critics. Even as my girlfriend peers over my shoulder right now, sighing at my obsession, all I can think about is getting to the range tomorrow morning before work to sharpen my baby fades. Boldly pursuing progression is what it is all about, not how closely my wardrobe resembles Poulter's, and I embody that spirit as an amateur.

My singular photo was taken after driving through the Scottish night, spending an hour and a half dodging deer, on the wrong side of the road, using using hand written directions on the back of a receipt.

Love the picture!

Good luck

:)

My handicap is around 27, plus or minus a couple. I will typically be between 96 and 105.

This will be my third season playing golf so I hope to lower that number significantly this season.

The Cobra/PUMA mantra is "Making cool stuff that works." They definitely make some very cool products and I would like to see if it works. They also want their players to enjoy golf while using their equipment. The reason I feel I would be a great representative to test their products is I feel the same way. I play golf because I enjoy the sport. I enjoy the history. I enjoy the challenge. I am currently using an older set of Ping ISI-K's that are great tools to start with but this would be a great opportunity to see what the new Game Improvement club from Cobra can really do. If you really want to put these to the test, let me have a shot at them and I will tell you if they are truly a game improvement club or just irons with cool colors on the back.

Thanks for the opportunity.

IMG_0023.JPG

Hi MGS,

I would absolutely love to participate in your Cobra Amp Cell Iron test! I am not sure of my current handicap, but a normal round for me is in the high 70s to the low/mid 80s. I play no less than once per week and can play much more than that if needed.

I believe that much like Cobra/ Puma, I enjoy going for it and being a little flashy. Just like some of the their popular touring pro's, I don't mind being a little loud like Fowler or outspoken and fiery like Poulter (just wish my game could back it up LOL). With all that being said, the most important thing to me is performance and that is what Cobra/ Puma exemplifies. They have been one of the most influential companies in golf and are always willing to push the envelope. As for my picture I thought I would push the envelope as well and post a pic of one of my friends who's tee shot didn't quite make the women's tee box one day (don't worry, there was nobody else on the course to be offended LOL).golden from the ladies tee box.jpg

P.S. I have a better camera than the one I used there

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ Diamana Ahina 80X 44"
Fairway Metal- Tour Edge Exotics XCG7 Beta 3W 13* w/ Matrix 7m4 X 42.5"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP-18 FLI HI 3i and 4i w/ KBS C-taper lite X
          Mizuno MP59 5i and 6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 56* bent to 55* w/ rifle spinner shafts

and Titleist Vokey 60* M grind

Putter- Never Compromise Dinero Mogul
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B XS

Bag- Ogio Aquatech Cart Bag

Hi, im playing golf for 6 months now and my current handicap is 23.3

2013-04-25 18.23.28.jpg

im 16 years old and really working hard everyday on improving my game ( I play 5-6 times a week). so I can make a comprehensive review of the AMP Cell irons. I think Cobra Puma is really that type of brand that wants to inspire young golfers like me to improve their games. I also like to be creative and innovative. just like Cobra Puma is with their color options in their AMP Cell irons.

thanks for this great chance !

Average Eighteen-Hole Score: 92-97

Andrew Golfing.jpeg

I definitely think that I embody the spirit of the Cobra/Puma Golf Company. Their style is original and bold, and that is how I try to appear while on the golf course. Cobra/Puma Golf is best shown through a young, aspiring athlete, and that is what I am. I always strive to do my best in whatever I do, whether it be golf or school. I am 16 years old, and I think that it would be a great idea to choose me to test these clubs! Thanks!

Current USGA Handicap Index: 15

Cobra – Puma is a fresh, interesting mash-up that is shaking up “traditional” in golf. Puma has successfully brought young, modern styling to the game with its intense, bright colors and love for flat brimmed hats. I'm no Ricky Fowler and sure as hell can't rock a flat brimmed hat thanks to my egg-shaped noggin, but I do embody the spirit of Cobra – Puma. I'm ready to shake things up in my golf bag just as Cobra-Puma did on the tour.

I just dropped $800 on RocketBladez, $900 if you count the fitting, yet I am still ready for some CP style. I'll gladly toss the Rbladez to the side, find the brightest Puma polo and string together some of the best damn sentences about these awesome sticks that MGS loyalists have ever read [from a random district manager with no writing background that is]. Send a set my way, you won't be disappointed.

CP AMP.jpg

I am the perfect tester to participate in you new Amp cell project. I am an avid golfer living on planet Earth that plays 6-8 rounds a month down on beautiful Alabama. I don't have an actual handicap but I average low 90- high 80's. I am currently gaming a set of previous generation Amp irons so i would be able to give a full quality review of the advancements and upgrades to the new irons. I actively participate in the cobra puma lifestyle And feel golf can be fun and flashy and not stuffy. I love sporting my blue puma shoes and hearing all the Snyde ramarks from some of the duffers. I am cobras target demographic being in my early thirties and embracing the cobra lifestyle and good golf made easier. Pick me let me game these bad boys and tell you all about my adventures with the new amp cell irons IMG_20130515_161224_715.jpgIMG_20130515_160817_181.jpgIMG_20130515_160817_181.jpg_facebook_-98858384_.jpg

IMG_20130515_161134_358.jpg

2013-02-01_15-42-41_962.jpg

Ok, I'm not throwing my name in the hat however I just learned how to post a pic and wanted to see if I could post a nice pic correctly.

If it doesn't come out good, my apologies.

If it does, yesssssssssss!

Fairways & Greens 4ever

:mizuno-small:

YAY first picture post! Woot woot! B)

handicap is 8

cobra's new amp range is really one that stamps its own authority and doesnt look like another manufacturers creation with a cobra logo added

Golf is and always will be an avid hobby of mines and when i do it - i like to look good!

199735_3818459420349_1113520178_n.jpg

What's Inside My Ping Hoofer

Driver: TMaG R9 SuperTri TP Aldila Voodoo SvS6

FW Wood: Callaway xHot 3 deep Pro Projext X 6.0

2 Iron: Callaway x Utility Proto 18 deg Project X pxi 6.0

Hybrid: TMaG Rescue 09 21 deg Motore F1

Irons: 4 - PW Callaway X Forged 13 KBS Tour S

Wedges: Titliest Vokey 52' 56'

Putter: Scotty Cameron GoLo S

Grips: Golf Pride Decade Multi-Compound Cord

Ball: Titliest ProV1x

First off, I cannot thank MGS and Cobra Puma enough for allowing spies from around the world to participate.

Being from South Africa, I have been more than just a little jealous of the opportunities the guys in the States get.

So, without any further adieu... Here is my entry.

I am currently a 26 handicapper, who have broken 100 only a couple of times. I am however serious about breaking 90 this year. Recently I have been a little busy with work and family, and haven't made the time to get to the course. I do get to the range once a week. These clubs will be the perfect excuse to slip away from work, and be more creative with my schedule.

I would love to test these irons, as I think I am the type of golfer these clubs are aimed at. I have read about the E9 face technology, and I think this would be a great help as my ball striking can be inconsistent.

Some of my very special skills include:

* Making contact all over the clubface (without trying)

* Can hit any and every tree in range. Supposedly, most trees consists of 60% air and 40% lumber. 90% of the time I hit that 40% lumber every time.

* I have the ability to set off Richter scale alarms with my fat shots. Maybe the AMP CELL V-Skid sole design will help the guys over at IRIS get some much needed shut eye? Check out this seismic map of some of my fat shots during the last month.

How do I embody the spirit of Cobra Puma Golf?

Well, Cobra Puma is all about style and performance. And a little something they call 'Golf Made Easy'. Currently, it feels more like I am going the 'Golf Made Much Harder Than It Should Be' route, and I'm hoping these clubs will help me out in this regard. I am all for performance, hell I even briefly considered trying out Ping clubs. But I sure am glad there are companies like Cobra Puma who don't feel that performance and style should be exclusive of each other.

As for style, my Clicgear cart and B3 bag are matching green. Does that count? I also own a purple golf shirt and a white belt, not sure if that is considered style.

Below a photo of my much maligned SW.

C0880AA1-F867-42B4-BD73-E83172F57ABD-1211-000001022BB0F5C4.jpg

In my Clicgear B3 cart bag on my Clicgear 3.0 pushcart:

Rocketballz 10.5* stock stiff shaft

Adams Idea A3 Boxer 19*

TMag Rocketbladez 4i-6i

Mizuno MP53 7i-PW

Mizuno MP-R12 52*, MP-T11 56*, MP-T10 60*

Some old Odyssey putter (Don't laugh, it gets the ball in the hole nicely)

Bridgestone E6

Walking on air with my True Tours and Kentwool socks

No-one will ever have golf under his thumb. No round ever will be so good it could not have been better. Perhaps this is why golf is the greatest of games. You are not playing a human adversary; you are playing a game. You are playing old man par.

Bobby Jones

You swing your best when you have the fewest things to think about.

Bobby Jones

Handicap - 15 down ten from this time last year

I am always looking for ways to bring my score down. I am using the same clubs from when I started playing in 1994. Warrior sets. I have heard great things about Cobra clubs and would love to try their irons. With the way technology in golf is going I would be interesting to see if clubs could really help w a guys game. I have had no lessons, everything that has developed in my game is from me fixing my swing on the range. The man that got me into golf alway told me that it's the swing not the clubs. If the cobra irons could help my game with my swing I would become a out spoken believer into the technology in clubs.

image.jpg

My handicap:

- 28,1 (real)

- 18 (ideal)

- www.hcp34.it (digital)

I would like to become a Cobra Club tester and to review the AMP Cell irons also for my blog.

I play often, also with the cold and snow... in this photo, the lake is iced and the golf balls are suspended on the water surface !

icedlake.jpg

Good luck everyone - I'm going to start another thread about first timers in contests and how we might be more welcoming so as to increase the number who stick around win, loose or draw.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

• SPY VIP

I'm going to do something a little bit differently as far as how I choose the testers this time around.

3 Spots are going to be given to qualified entrants among established forum members...and yes...site donors.

3 Spots will be chosen totally at random from qualified entrants.

Just to make this a bit more interesting (for me...and hopefully you), instead of announcing the selections all at once, I'm going to trickle them out over the next several days.

I'll be announcing the 1st selection very shortly.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

I'm going to do something a little bit differently as far as how I choose the testers this time around.

3 Spots are going to be given to qualified entrants among established forum members...and yes...site donors.

3 Spots will be chosen totally at random from qualified entrants.

Just to make this a bit more interesting (for me...and hopefully you), instead of announcing the selections all at once, I'm going to trickle them out over the next several days.

I'll be announcing the 1st selection very shortly.

You're the best - that's why I read threads even when I'm not particularly interested in them. Can't wait to see who the lucky winners are.

Ping G410 - set at 12 degrees, fade setting - Fujikura Motore X R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood

G30 6-PW -  Aerotech FT 500 shafts

SCOR 48,52,56,60

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them